User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Why Do Some People Think the World Revolves Around Them?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:16 PM.
    victorialm and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    We've been doing the flyer/price match thing for a while, after being disappointed by NF making up limits on sale items, when you get to the cash (no signs anywhere).
    And when you have more than $10 in coupons it takes forever for the MOD to come and then all the people behind you give you the death stare. I've even told them in advance I have more than $10 in coupons and they still wait until they deduct the coupons before they call someone.

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    The stores, especially walmart, try to cram so much stuff in that for many people it is very overwhelming. I know that when I go to stores with my kids I have to go slow and go at less busy times because those places are just sensory nightmares. I even get anxious when shopping sometimes for these same reasons. As for blocking the aisle, playing devil's advocate, with the lack of space I will say that it is terribly annoying when someone stops right in front of you and blocks you. Not trying to jump on OP but is this possibly what happened? You did state that it was a matter of a couple of seconds that you did your little stop and check so it sounds like it could be possible. If so, maybe next time have a peak to make sure no one is around you or check to position yourself to not inconvenience others? If it was more than a couple of seconds and she was just whipping around the corner and being nasty, well good for you for setting her straight.
    I agree. When I run into this situation, an "excuse me" is what I use. I would never give someone the evil eye and then verbally attack them. I guess I'm pretty laid back and I think people being so rude is unnecessary. It is seems as though there are a lot more people these who enjoy being agressive towards others, whether it be in public places and on the road. I just don't agree with people taking their bad moods out on strangers.

Btw, I love your avatar!
    nwf1946 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by victorialm View Post
    I agree. When I run into this situation, an "excuse me" is what I use. I would never give someone the evil eye and then verbally attack them. I guess I'm pretty laid back and I think people being so rude is unnecessary. It is seems as though there are a lot more people these who enjoy being agressive towards others, whether it be in public places and on the road. I just don't agree with people taking their bad moods out on strangers.

Btw, I love your avatar!
    Yep, that's what i always do. No sense being rude for a cart.. but gotta admit, it does sometimes drive me fruit loops being jammed with several carts in the middle of a aisle..lol! why, oh why the middle?? But like i mentioned, i am never rude about it! i usually smile and ask nicely if they can move it so i can continue my shopping. People are usually super nice and apologize... being nice both ways goes a long way.
    victorialm and thriftygranny like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    79 (94%)

LOL! Tonight I was price matching things for the house like deep fryers, bread makers, tassimo's and keurigs'.. Sitting there writing down prices, a good 3-4 feet behind me, and this woman stood there clearing her throat at me to move. To be fair, I was standing here first, I'm writing things down, and there's plenty of room behind me. If there wasn't, wait 3 seconds for me to finish writing for me to move. When I'm shopping and someone is in my way, I have no issues waiting for them to finish because I know how annoying it can be. Not to mention 75% of the time, it's not like I'm in a rush, I give myself lots of time to grocery shop because I know stores are always packed. Other people should do the same!!
    victorialm likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The other day i was at Super C and i was having problems in choosing some cookies. What can i say, theres like so many darn boxes and sizes to choose from.. lol! This lady was next to me, i guess i was standing in front of the cookies she wanted and was getting impatient waiting for me to move so, she just crammed in front of me to get her box and looked at me like i was a nut..really??? where do you want me to go? me and my beat up cart werent in the middle, so i guess i should of parked on the ceiling or something???

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This week a woman rammed her cart into my backside as I was at the interac terminal and I made so many butt jokes (giving me the bum's rush, trying to throw junk in my trunk, etc.) i think she wanted the floor to open up and swallow her. That's what you get for messing with someone with a sense of humour (I blame dh, I learned from him and can't take him anywhere!)
    I like that you used humour.
    Once two people were walking side by side in the grocery aisle and I am coming the other way with my humongous cart. The aisle is getting smaller and they aren't moving. They squeeze by me and push me into the shelf products. Instead of yelling, I said, "No, I'm not that skinny, but thanks for the compliment." The lady turned red and the man said a quick, "Sorry, didn't see you."
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Jul 27th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    lecale and victorialm like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

And when you have more than $10 in coupons it takes forever for the MOD to come and then all the people behind you give you the death stare. I've even told them in advance I have more than $10 in coupons and they still wait until they deduct the coupons before they call someone.
    Aaah, just give them the death stare back, with a smile. It's the person that looks away first, is the loser. After all, you don't run the cash register and you didn't create the $10 limit.
    victorialm likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a bit with I forgot on this idea. It always amazes me how many people when going down the aisle will leave the cart on one side and stand right beside it browsing the other side thereby block all movement. If you browse stay behind or in front of your cart and allow others to get by. Aisles are getting smaller so there is definitely not enough room to go down the center especially in Wal-Mart. Yelling is not an example of good manners.

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwf1946 View Post
    I am a bit with I forgot on this idea. It always amazes me how many people when going down the aisle will leave the cart on one side and stand right beside it browsing the other side thereby block all movement. If you browse stay behind or in front of your cart and allow others to get by. Aisles are getting smaller so there is definitely not enough room to go down the center especially in Wal-Mart. Yelling is not an example of good manners.
    I think it is unreasonable to stay directly in front of a cart at all times because there is always obsticles. Like I said, I was only a few seconds. She whipped around the corner, and it wasn't even a true eisle. I don't feel bad for people who are in a hurry and then yell at others to get out of their way. Trust me, I have 2 VERY busy children but I don't take my stress out on others. I'm a very patient, and polite person. I've also worked in sales all my life and I will never accept the "they must be in a bad mood" excuse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it is unreasonable to stay directly in front of a cart at all times because there is always obsticles. Like I said, I was only a few seconds. She whipped around the corner, and it wasn't even a true eisle. I don't feel bad for people who are in a hurry and then yell at others to get out of their way. Trust me, I have 2 VERY busy children but I don't take my stress out on others. I'm a very patient, and polite person. I've also worked in sales all my life and I will never accept the "they must be in a bad mood" excuse.
    Yeah, if she whipped around the corner, there is no excuse to be nasty, especially right off the hop.....but that being said...

....I want to tell everyone about an issue that my son had at a store one day. He has ASD, and suffers from sensory issues. I do not have the luxury of having someone to babysit my kids while I go shopping, so each trip is an adventure.
    During this one particular trip, the second we got into the store he was overwhelmed. It was unusually busy for the time of day (busy by my standards, not by others I am sure), the lights were super bright, and just ate into him even more because of it being a bright day outside. I usually keep him in the cart because he runs, and to get in and out with the least emotional impact I need to shop quick and cannot be running after a 5 YO who weighs 80lbs and runs faster than me. Anywho....he started by screaming, the lights were burning his eyes, the noise was giving him a headache, the people smelled....he wanted out of the store. It progressed to him kicking and whaling, to where everyone was staring at me...wondering what I was doing to my poor kid (as I was using ABA techniques to try to sooth him and keep him safe). A 5 minute trip to get milk ended up being 30 minutes because my kid was having a meltdown times a million. This is my life EVERYDAY.

I have learned a lot about people, and one of the most valuable things I have learned from my experiences is that unless I walk in someone else's shoes, or they walk in mine, no one can judge me and I have no right judging others. Someone may be having a bad day, but may have no choice but to go out. I try to imagine the stress or experiences that gave that person their mood, and try to empathise with them because I know that after a long day of being hit and kicked and yelled at and listening to crying and screaming and having few options on how to cope and deal with that, well I know how I feel. Sometimes I am snappy...and if I am and someone sets me straight, well I deserve that, but we all live together and need to try to accept each other for what and who we are and not let the downpours effect us....and if they do, well tomorrow is a new day
    Last edited by i_forget; Fri, Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, you were right to say that the aisles are getting smaller.
    I always wonder how much they can squeeze into the aisles and how many new aisles they can create with the wooden pallets.
    And the carts are not getting smaller either.

Whenever I meet someone like your lady friend, I say in my head, "She's in a hurry. Maybe she has to pee."
    I have a friend that is quadriplegic. Apparently, stores are required to leave enough room between the aisles for people in wheelchairs to navigate. She loves going to stores that have small aisles. She wheels around and tells the managers that she can't get through. Legally they have to move the aisles for her. This can be really difficult in a grocery store, but it is the law. I believe there is also fire codes that mandate the number of aisles, or how close together they can be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information