User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Have you ever tried online dating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anybody tried online dating sites like lavalife or something similar? Has it worked for you?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have friends that it has worked out for. Well not lavalife but Plenty of fish. I haven't tried them myself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never have been through an online sating service but a friend of mine met her hubby through one.Think she met him on Plantyoffish.
    I met my fiance online but it happend by chance in an online league that we both played in years ago lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my cousin met someone online and moved her and her kids half way across the country and married him. i'm married and been with the same person before i knew how to turn on a computer so i haven't tried.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

A friend of our met his wife on LavaLife. She lives in Australia, and he was here. She sent him an airline ticket, they met, and they got married. He now lives in Australia.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I met my spouse from online ,(not on a dating service site though), and then we met in r/t at a dance and fell for each other... courted... 1 year later, married... and then it was another year before I immigrated to Canada from America ... this April will be our third year together (2nd year married).

Before meeting my spouse, I had tried online dating service sites... to no avail.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

all these positive stories from online dating....it could definitely be an option down the road, i have to definitely look into this Plantyoffish website!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    all these positive stories from online dating....it could definitely be an option down the road, i have to definitely look into this Plantyoffish website!
    http://www.plentyoffish.com/ Just in case LOL

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I met my bf on Lavalife. We've been together for a couple of years now, and live together. It was a great way to meet someone, after my divorce and being with the same person for 13 years.
    BF and I chatted online for a couple of months before we started talking on the phone for a few weeks, then finally met in person.
    I would highly suggest if you go this route, don't rush into meeting them right away if you hit it off, take time to chat and get to know each other. It's a fun process!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried both lavalife and plenty of fish. They worked well but I found no long term relationship because of them. I did end up making two really good friends though. I am more recently single (another online relationship, we met in a chatroom) and am contemplating giving plenty of fish another try. I personally would never do long distance again or spend time talking to someone for longer than a month or so before meeting. I found that the longer you spend talking without meeting the more emotional investment you have and when you do meet, if you don't click it is much more disappointing

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ive never online dated, but remember to also error on the side of caution, although there are sucess stories, there are a lot of freaks out there.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I never have been through an online sating service but a friend of mine met her hubby through one.Think she met him on Plantyoffish.
    I met my fiance online but it happend by chance in an online league that we both played in years ago lol
    That is how a friend of mine met her hubby. They've been married for almost two years now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I met my second wife online (she lived in Australia). But again not on a dating site. If you are considering a dating site... google it for reviews before you decide on one. I'd still go with plentyoffish

Robert
    "I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But...."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantal444k View Post
    I met my bf on Lavalife. We've been together for a couple of years now, and live together. It was a great way to meet someone, after my divorce and being with the same person for 13 years.
    BF and I chatted online for a couple of months before we started talking on the phone for a few weeks, then finally met in person.
    I would highly suggest if you go this route, don't rush into meeting them right away if you hit it off, take time to chat and get to know each other. It's a fun process!!!!
    I agree... we chatted for four months and then we met at a dance that had 200 people going to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Ive never online dated, but remember to also error on the side of caution, although there are sucess stories, there are a lot of freaks out there.
    so true... and when I did use the online dating sites, I've experienced tons of freaks and crazies... with just two who were not... and who are friends with me now.

Quote Originally Posted by prairiebelle View Post
    I have tried both lavalife and plenty of fish. They worked well but I found no long term relationship because of them. I did end up making two really good friends though. I am more recently single (another online relationship, we met in a chatroom) and am contemplating giving plenty of fish another try. I personally would never do long distance again or spend time talking to someone for longer than a month or so before meeting. I found that the longer you spend talking without meeting the more emotional investment you have and when you do meet, if you don't click it is much more disappointing
    I also agree with this... I think chatting for a few months *less than 6* and then meeting the person after the chatting/phone phase is successful is beneficial to get to the next stage of getting to know someone.... then I believe in courting after that, in order to make sure you are both on the same wave lengths after the initial 'high' of meeting someone new is over and it's onto something more deeper *emotionally*.

JULIA_GULIA
    Yes LavaLife is great! I met my bf on there as well as an ex and both were/are long term. I hear eHarmony is good too.

Goodluck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information