User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 8000 points when you spend $50 Shoppers mailer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a Shoppers envelope with two coupons that expire September 10 and October 10 for 8000 points when you spend $50.I got this for June and July too.Never used those coupons.Anyone else get this mailer? I was wanting the Shoppers Free Feels Good coupon mailer and never got it.I only spent $50 and over three times at Shoppers and I've had a Shoppers Optimum card since the program started.They think they will make me spend more Ha! Ha! no way it's not going to work.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

mine is 16000pts WUS $100...2 coupons expiring in sept...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I got the last set and may have used one can't remember. As much as I love SDM I found it hard to spend $100 before tax at that time. Sure hope I receive the 8000 bp wus $50 as it's easier to spend that. Haven't received much love from them in a long time!
    ssbean likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

I got the 100 ones......they will sit on my fridge and expire like the last batch.
    ssbean and moon18 like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Just a quick thought they are tradeable ! UNLESS you SDM Optimum # is on the WUS Mailer!
    Perhaps you could trade/exchange w/someone who received the Mailer?!?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

I would like to have 1- 8000 WYB 50.00 if anyone got it for trade

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Awesome! I hope I get this mailer. Thanks for the heads up OP.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I received two for spend $40 and receive 8,000.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by <3 My $aving$ <3 View Post
    Just a quick thought they are tradeable ! UNLESS you SDM Optimum # is on the WUS Mailer!
    Perhaps you could trade/exchange w/someone who received the Mailer?!?
    I wouldn't do that Shoppers might start checking on what offers I use I don't want to get my card cancelled and lose my points.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I understand what you are saying P.
    But i do a fair amount of shopping & redeeming there.
    I just thinks it's a shame to get points mailers that you cannot use... and have let them expire...
    I understand you can't always make the $50/$100 BP offers, I know I can't

BUT IF I could trade say a 8000pt WUB $50 for $10 in coupons/ 16000 WUB $100 for $20in coupons I CAN use to my benefit
    I don't see anything wrong with that ! I'm not reccomending you do it ALL the time!
    I know i've seen some people put a higher Value on SDM Points. but to me fair trade is enough!
    I sent the ones i wasnt able to use on a RAOK...

My mailers were pretty generic, XYZ points when you spend $10 on eye colour/make up etc
    Very few were brand specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I wouldn't do that Shoppers might start checking on what offers I use I don't want to get my card cancelled and lose my points.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got 8000 WUS $40 - excited to get decent ones this time, I always get the $100 on beauty ones
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They have been traded before with no issues but I can't see giving $20 in coupons for them when I still have to spend $100 - usually its a SASE or a few coupons
    <3 My $aving$ <3 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

There was a trade thread in early July that was offering a 2:1 trade ratio on Optimum points
    (I would NEVER trade points directly as you would have to SHARE your Password with the other person)

I personally WOULD trade $20 in coupons to GET the 16000 WUB $100
    ESP w/back2school around the corner!

I've loaded up on coupons wants & NEEDS and am just waiting for the right sale to come along!
    I can always turn SDM points into FREE groceries! Yesterday I redeemed 8000 pts for 2x4L milk and recieved 3000 pts BACK
    for using 2x1500pts WUB any 4l Milk (trade)... I also recieved other bonus points along with my RBC rewards.
    my OOP was $2.89 and I earned 6300pts from Mailers...

I have a very detailed system I use that works mostly in my favour! (all perfectly legal, I just TRY to shop wisely)
    Ex there was a 1500 points Free feels great for Essence Make up WUS $10.
    so I spent 11&change earned 1500 there was also a buy any mascara earn 1500 so i used that too
    i used an SDM ($10 gc from WUB $50 u get Mystery GC) so it was all free and i earned quite a few points that trip too...

I'm almost at the point where at yrs end once all is said and done SDM is paying me thru points redemptions to shop there!!!
    ** I DO ALL MY RX'S THERE ** so I earn a boatload that way as well. this year to date that 50000 RBC Reward put me over the TOP in July!

I've done 2x 50k pt redemptions this year (both for groceries and 1 was a BONUS WKND where i got an extra $15)
    I still have enough to do another 50k redemption which I am seriously thinking of doing IF SDM does a School Supply Sale!!!

It takes alot of work, and a lil luck in what offers are available. I know the freebies from RX's won't last forever.

Happy Couponing Ev1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They have been traded before with no issues but I can't see giving $20 in coupons for them when I still have to spend $100 - usually its a SASE or a few coupons

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Got two of the 16,000 points WUS $100 (expires September 10). It doesn't seem as if trading is a problem given the terms of the coupon, specifically but it also seems as if you can't bring your total down below $100 with coupons: "Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum card after discounts and redemptions and before taxes."

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ancarett View Post
    Got two of the 16,000 points WUS $100 (expires September 10). It doesn't seem as if trading is a problem given the terms of the coupon, specifically but it also seems as if you can't bring your total down below $100 with coupons: "Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum card after discounts and redemptions and before taxes."
    That's always what the disclosure says (even on BP days), but in this sense coupons are not a discount, they are a tender. With that said, I suspect that many people trying to use these coupons would get arguments from cashiers about totals that fall below $100 after coupons. You can try to give this BP coupon first then use your other coupons but that can cause issues too. I find BP WUB coupons usually cause a problem and I am unlikely to use them for that reason.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information