User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wendyjane
  • 2 Post By shmeelady

Thread: oh so very sad - more coupon restrictions for YWG LD *esp. Dove*

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Well, I guess its not very surprising that once again YWG LD is going to be tightening the proverbial coupon belt. When you go in and see folks getting 40+ dove items in one shop its really not surprising at all that new, more restrictive limits will be imposed.
    I get it. Dove is super easy to stack right now and with a great sale .... its even more enticing to get 2x each scent. I get it truly. I have a bin of dove from last year that I haven't quite gotten through so I haven't used my dove stacks for this year yet. Yet. I am hoping that I still get the opportunity as I gift many bundles of shampoo/conditioner/Bodywash/bars of soap/pitstick/hair product to babysitters, teachers, friends and family.
    If you had a go at dove stacks already be grateful I guess, and if you haven't then I lament with you.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, London Drugs
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Don't understand Wendy?

LD hasn't changed anything in regards to Dove

It is still a limit of 2 and if you are using the $2 wub 2 stacks you can still only get the limit of 2 - different scents do not classify as different products, if someone is going in and trying to get 4 or more of different scents in any Dove product they are trying to pull a fast one over on the new CSM's at LD as it has been that way since last year

I know a few people that have already been told to hold off on certain products as they were going in everyday clearing the shelves with family members

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Yeah thats the rule I know to be true!... Limit of 2 items when stacking, regardless of scent ect..
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I know for a fact that one of the regular people that work behind the desk there did some Dove stacks for 2 ladies, as they were coming in and out of the store multiples times so I was shocked to hear this from this from the employees mouth. I guess the LD employee was just being very lenient that day..perhaps this person got in trouble. Sometimes you can get more than the limit of 2 if its a different scent/flavor, which is what I read not too long ago on here, someone saying? when I always thought it was a limit of 2 - period. But there will be one "coupon haul" per day. Haul meaning the limit of 2? lol So no going in and out of the store 10 times. Maybe this rule has always been around, but now they're really enforcing it. I was just told this today, as I asked if there were any changes since I hadn't been there in a few weeks. As for the limit of 2, they might let you have 4 (if it's a different flavor/scent, but I really don't think they'd allow anymore than that...per day.

but even if someone goes in with their family (5 people all together) they would still be following the rule if they walked out with 10 products...
    Last edited by littlebean; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

From what I've heard there will be an LD meeting tomorrow regarding this upcoming change.
    I've seen people using multiple stacks and still abiding by the "2 different product lines". So stacks one and two would be scent A pitstick and scent A shampoo. Stack three and four is scent B pitstick and scent B shampoo....repeat until all scents/types have been covered. Bring a family member/friend and duplicate AND come in on either multiple days or multiple times is what I'm hearing and seeing being done.
    I guess it is wait and see for the final word in the next few days we'll know for sure.
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

ok than nothing new, that rule has been there since last year

I do know for a fact that multiple people have been told to not come in for certain products as they were doing that

i also am aware some people are trying to use and getting away with because of the new CSM's not knowing any better the Huggies Slip On diaper coupons on Little Movers boxed diapers ~ unbelievable what some will do and wonder why LD keeps cracking down

thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    From what I've heard there will be an LD meeting tomorrow regarding this upcoming change.
    I've seen people using multiple stacks and still abiding by the "2 different product lines". So stacks one and two would be scent A pitstick and scent A shampoo. Stack three and four is scent B pitstick and scent B shampoo....repeat until all scents/types have been covered. Bring a family member/friend and duplicate AND come in on either multiple days or multiple times is what I'm hearing and seeing being done.
    I guess it is wait and see for the final word in the next few days we'll know for sure.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Its all because of what you said about people doing 20 different stacks or whatever on different scents. I never THOUGHT that was allowed in the first place. But then I read on here like a month ago, that you were allowed to stack more than 2 as long as they were different flavors, for example. Then I also found that out at LD, but I've never tried to get more than 4 products, as I just thought it would never be allowed and didnt want to push it. Apparently it was allowed by someone when they let those customers clear out ALL the certain dove products by going in and out of the store a zillion times. But nothing new to me if they reinforce the limit of 2 - period.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

The dove rule was in place before I moved here I suppose, because in December when I did my first stacking at this location I was told about it. Quite embarassing as in Saskatoon there was no limits.

Last week when I was there I wanted to get 2 boxes of Huggies and one pack of slip ons. I was denied because acording to 'new rules regarding huggies' you are only able to get two combined diapers and/or wipes. Which included pull ups, as they are still for a 'baby'. So alright I didn't argue it, rules are rules.

The other day I went to LD to pick up some hairspray and was hoping to find huggies wipes. I found two packs of the pull ups wipes and figured meh, might as well get them. SO I get to CS and there is 3 different girls there stacking on huggies, ALL of them have more than the 2 combined diapers/wipes. In fact each had a full cart. This really gets under my skin, why should they hold rules over some peoples heads and not others?! I have seen the one girl multiple times, as one day I was in line and she says to me "you're stacking dove? Yeah lots of people stack that it's common. But huggies is the hot stackable right now, did you know there are like 82 different codes!! That's never happened before."

That day that I saw her she had 4 boxes of wipes refills and 4 boxes of diapers.

Sorry, was just trying to get the point out about people going multiple times. I now understand why Huggies was cleared every time I went. I have a job so it's not like I have time to go every single day, multiple times just to see if they have huggies.
    fitzgirl and marnel like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Even though its a 20 min ride from the Maples to LD..I still dont push the rule of getting more than 2..I also dont consider 2 scents as 2 diff products. I used my Dove stacks($2.00 WUB 2 diff dove) and got a body wash and a deodorant last week. I paid less than $4.00 for 4 of them and I think that its already a huge savings...LD's limit of 2 I think is good enough.I dont go multiple times in one day. I plan to go again next week.

I still say that everyone should just respect the new rules so it doesnt ruin it for everyone else.just my opinion

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

I go once a month or so and it is good enough for me, I trade and save coupons, get a few stacks ready of things and go grab a few items. Works well

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I agree. I follow the rules. I've never even thought of changing the scents on these things. I want this to stay and so don't want to see it go away. 2 items per customer is fine by me.

Thread Information