User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    this is a freebie that i found looking for coloured contacts
    they're from acuvue and u have to see an eye care professional when u get them...
    but i thought i'd share it just the same
    http://promo.acuvue.com/promo/FreeTr...=EN&country=CA
    This thread is currently associated with: Acuvue Contact Lenses

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thx

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks

BCMommy2
    thanks...just to warn u all though... I just paid $150 for my Daughters Exam and Fitting, the trial lenses were FREE ANYWAYS!!!!! With NO coupon. So these Coupons are really not FREE! It's just another way Big Business likes to trick consumers.( so they can CASH IN ON YOUR EYE EXAM AND FITTING)

vecha31
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMommy2 View Post
    thanks...just to warn u all though... I just paid $150 for my Daughters Exam and Fitting, the trial lenses were FREE ANYWAYS!!!!! With NO coupon. So these Coupons are really not FREE! It's just another way Big Business likes to trick consumers.( so they can CASH IN ON YOUR EYE EXAM AND FITTING)
    its true

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCMommy2 View Post
    ya not really free...was talking about having to get contacts for theatre if i get into this show but will have to pay to get an eye exam and fitting the trails are always free to make sure they fit and feel right etc before you buy the perscription ones...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What if you don't need a prescription?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL I honestly dont know then...you may still have to pay for a fitting...but i dont know how they do that...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

See need them, but it would be cool to go green or blue, since I have hazel eyes. Just for a night out or something.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

cool! i have blue eyes so i wouldnt want to change them...just need the perscription ones to see LOL

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

heehee...guess that was a useless post
    but can we request these *free* contacts without a coupon and/or eye exam??? like go up to the retailer and say pass over the contacts lol??? just so theres a possibility that there is a way to avoid that costly eye exam

CindyK
    I'm an optician so here's the facts.

Providing you have an existing spectacle RX which isn't too old (read, not over two years old) there is no reason to visit an optometric office to have a full eye exam done. If you're fortunate enough to live in Beautiful BC, where we have licensed Sight Testing Opticians, your lens powers can be upgraded to your current needs by having a sight test. (A sight test is not an eye health exam, which is something tremendously over-rated by the optometric community- a healthy adult between 19 and 40 only needs to have one full eye health exam during that periond. The Canadian Ophthalmological Society has published a paper detailing eye health exam needs for all demographics) Simply take your RX to your contact lens technician of choice, and they will provide you with the fitting. Yes, a fitting is required as eyes come in different shapes and sizes and one size, curve, and type of lens DOES NOT FIT ALL! Contacts are medical devices which are in direct contact with the single most sensitive area of the body, and which can become possibly irrepairably damaged by a malfitted contact lens. And, significant eye issues can arise from wearing improperly fitted contacts. I know. I've seen the results of badly fitting lenses. Anyways, the lenses themselves are indeed given without charge to the client, but nobody works for free, and it is assuredly some time and work involved to ensure the correct fit is provided. Also, there are follow up visits to your eyecare professional that are required to ensure the lenses are doing what they're supposed to do and nothing that they're not supposed to do.

Further, its typical that optometric offices have a higher fee structure for contacts than licensed opticians do- and don't believe for one moment that an optometrist provides a better contact lens fitting than a licensed optician does. Yes, there are better and worse contact lens fitting opticians, same as there are better and worse optometrists. So do your homework and don't just go for the bargain basement prices on your lenses. A top notch optician demands a fair wage and that cannot be offered by a dispensary providing goods for a dollar or two over their wholesale cost.

Go for the trial lenses, but don't be sucked in by the cheapest price, nor the claim that a full eye health exam is required by a doctor of optometry.

Thread Information