User Tag List

Page 188 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazing at the lengths some will go in order act like jerks. Look on the bright side, he could have tried to swipe your wallet (or the $1 coin out of the chain/lock mechanism).
    Silk, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Silk : wow what a jerk!!!
    Silk likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Amazing at the lengths some will go in order act like jerks. Look on the bright side, he could have tried to swipe your wallet (or the $1 coin out of the chain/lock mechanism).
    @HermanH - Actually I had just come from the dollar store and had a bag with my purchases which included a small rug that stuck out of my bag and a few other things. I'm lucky he didn't grab the rug or the entire bag. Like you said, on the bright side, I didn't lose anything out of pocket

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Silk: wow what a jerk!!!
    @cath007 - Yes, with a capital "J"!!!
    cath007, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Silk yes, that was a first world problem BUT, still! That guy was so rude, downright brazen and as most here agree...a jerk!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jun 22nd, 2022 at 06:03 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cart pirates are a thing now? Just like porch pirates. Definitely an opportunity/danger type of scenario.

Lawnmower issue, week two now. So far Mom and Bro seem not to have discussed the need to get a new replacement mower. Saw the heavier Honda one outside (it still sputters and whatnot after my mixup with fuel containers in 2018). Mom and I argued about the matter-she's still doing the "you're not buying a lawnmower" routine. Today she says she'd pay for one but someone has to help her get it home. My bottom line: if I don't see a new replacement by July 8, I will get it and walk it home. I was raking broken branches in the very back of property and the child-size rake was having trouble lifting up branches in the 10cm+ tall grass (worse if there was clover or non-grass vegetation). We must have had some strong wind overnight that shook out branches.

Upside-tonight, it's a pleasantly cool and breezy evening. A respite from the oven-hot sunshine today (we did not get rain!!).
    Silk, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I vaguely remember a news story about a 'reverse cart-pirate'. I think he had gone around a store and dropped small gifts (choc?) into the carts of some unsuspecting shoppers during the Christmas holiday season.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Well I am spending lots of time researching all the stuff in my MIL's house and finding that some of the "junk" actually has some value but only for those looking for that sort of thing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mower was purchased two days ago and lawn was cut *even I cut some of it with new mower*.

Today's rant-finding it near impossible to find an under $10 and less than 2m length of Mini USB to USB A cable for the cellphone I gave to friend. Then while watching a different Youtube video explaining those smaller USB types, the narrator mentions mini USB (there's an AB verson plus a B version) was made for digital cameras-jaw drops... Bro has two digital cameras and the older one has a 4ft cable with a familiar looking end-mini usb. Not much success finding a cable under 6ft for some reason but now I have a reason to visit Value Village and look at the cable packages on the wall! Simply want a short cable so phone can be charged by public computer or even allow file transfers from computer to phone.

It never occurred to me to figure out this cable issue while phone was in my hands. June is certainly a hop-to-it month for solving mysteries with tech cables.
    Silk, cath007 and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cogeco...no tv because the heat affected their signal...undetermined time..grrr
    per chance I have others things to do lol..
    I bet the others have tv signal..it is just cogeco like always the problem...
    edit; I took 2 longs hours for them to resolve the problem,,,lol
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jun 26th, 2022 at 11:12 PM.
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

when you want to close yours eyes 5 minutes and you sleep 2 hours because you are too tired..llol
    no coupon on dove dry antiperspirant and this is expenvise and never in sale.
    when I do my grocery shopping list and I know it miss something..could not figure it out until I open the fridge when returning home..grrr
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jun 26th, 2022 at 11:16 PM.
    Silk, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I did a return to a supermarket that I shop at often. I handed both the item and my receipt to the manager, who knows me as a regular customer, and he scanned the product to return the amount to my credit card. When I looked at the return receipt, I saw that he had refunded the full price ($6.99) which was $1 more than the sale price I had paid ($5.99). I pointed the mistake out to him and big and long discussions followed, first with the cashier whose cash we were at, then with another manager. Their solution to recoup the $1: charge me an extra dollar when I checked out - and that’s what they did, adding a phantom $1 grocery item to my receipt.

Ok, intellectually I know everything “came out even” but psychologically, it felt yucky being charged an extra dollar more than my actual bill. Maybe especially since I wasn’t buying much this time so that my bill only came to just over $2 but then over $3 with that extra $1 <sigh>
    walkonby, cath007, HermanH and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Think of it as a 'benefit'. They charged you an extra dollar but, if you are using any type of dividend/reward charge card, you get a few additional cents as part of your reward.

This isn't so much a problem, but it is a First World situation. I was in line behind a man at RCSS. He came in to pay for a couple of steaks that he found in his curb-side delivery, but he had not been charged for them. Proud to be in a country with people as honest as him, though.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@HermanH - I do use a cashback credit card, but they take back the CB when there's a refund, so again, it just came out as "even". Does your card let you keep the reward when you make a refund? If so, I'd like to know which card that is I have multiple CB/rewards/points cards and it's the same policy on all the cards. Do you have another benefit you can think of?

Yes, that man with the steaks certainly was honest. Good on him. More honest than me I guess, since the mistake I reported was only for $1.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Think of it as a 'benefit'. They charged you an extra dollar but, if you are using any type of dividend/reward charge card, you get a few additional cents as part of your reward.

This isn't so much a problem, but it is a First World situation. I was in line behind a man at RCSS. He came in to pay for a couple of steaks that he found in his curb-side delivery, but he had not been charged for them. Proud to be in a country with people as honest as him, though.
    bhlombardy, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was in my Fortinos store last week, I searched for the hard to find Boost Simply+ 4pks. Did not find them. After looking at the lower shelves, I finally realized individual cartons of the product were being sold for over $3 each. I have to try Shoppers for the 4pk as two grocery stores I have checked do not carry the 4pks for which I have 2 x $2 off coupons to use.
    Silk and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Truly 2 first world problems
    1- 50% off summer cushion at maxi and cie but I have so many cushion i dont need more hahaha
    The containers of summer plants are up to 50% off but not in good shape..very burned and dry
    2-My voicemail cellphone have problem with the code and I have like 6 importants i think messages to listen..so will recall videotron...
    Silk and Ciel21 like this.

Page 188 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information