User Tag List

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree1073Likes

Thread: Surprise!! Surprise!! No Wishlist/No Limit Package Train! FULL!!

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    UH-OH! I'm having an issue... I can't fit everything in the box.

Here was my plan: I wanted to have each of her children open their own little boxes inside mommy's big parcel... but I can't get it to fit. **insert pouting face here**

I don't want to give my plan up... LOL!

Soooooo question.. Can I have 2 smaller boxes on top of the big box and tape it together REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD?!?!

sure why not???

That's what I was thinking(but I don't have kids) but all of you who do, always say they love getting their own mail

I thought it would be neat going with my "family theme"... the family could open the boxes together(mom and dad have to share--lol!)
    No fair that you are making mom and dad share.......there is no sharing in our house!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    I am pretty sure it would ok if you attacked it with LOTS of tape.

You could also attack it with LOTS of tape, paper it as if it one 1 big box, then attack it with tape again! That way it should get there in 1 piece and your buddy's family will get to spend lots of 'family time' together unwrapping your box!

Lots of tape is always fun and makes the suspense of getting in even better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    My buddy is super fun to shop for! Just got home from buying her some more stuff!

I found some other great deals though that were totally unrelated to the pkg train. At RCSS, they have a 50% rack which, today, was entirely filled with ethnic foods. I couldn't read any of the labels though but there was boxes that had pictures of crackers that looked like Saltines with pink stickers but no price so I grabbed one and went to the till. .09 each!! I went outside to my car and opened and tasted them to make sure it was saltines. Yep. Went back in and got 25 more boxes. 5 for us, 20 for the food bank. Got 10 boxes of these veggie crackers for .09 each too and coconut wafer cookies for .12 each.

My H is on holidays and driving me bananas. We have a couple of storage rooms. One is for food and another is for household, etc. Yesterday, he decided he was building more shelves in the Health & Beauty room(shelves that I don't like btw) so he has my entire stockpile(and it is a HUGE stockpile because we donate a lot) pulled out. Seriously, the shelves are deep enough that I can go 24 deep on bottles of Tide. I didn't want that. He is making such a mess!!
    Sounds like something my hubby would do!!! I feel for you!!

me too! I am currently procrastinating about cleaning my disaster of a kitchen! We dont have a dishwasher therefore I am the dishwasher, but I got into this really bad habit this summer of not doing the dishes everyday. yep, not really working out for me.
    I have that nasty habit and i have a dishwasher!!!! i hate dishes with a passion....maybe caused i washed dishes (all by hand) in a restaurant!!

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Well ummmmm... I ate one of my buddy's items today (really they were talking to me!). I guess that means I am doing some replacement shhopping tomorrow .

Third hint to my buddy: I have traded with you before
    well that still does not narrow it down much seeing as most of us have traded with you before............LOL
    julesie-pie likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

morning everyone!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

morning everyone!
    good morning

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Morning!

I am so thrilled with my little packages for the children idea......

I need to go and get wrapping papper(and brown papper).

But, I have another mom question:
    The number of items is not equal... will this be a problem? (some were a tad bit more $$---so even though I spent the same on each one-- I'm scared they will think I was unfair)

I DONT want to have cause crying children for my buddy. LOL!!!

I can add a few more items if need be....

What do you ladies think?

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Morning!

The number of items is not equal... will this be a problem? (some were a tad bit more $$---so even though I spent the same on each one-- I'm scared they will think I was unfair)

My kids don't notice/care if one gets more than the other. We never try to have an even # of gifts for them (Christmas etc), but we do spend equal $ on them. It has never been an issue.
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Same here as CLB. We rarely get them and even amount of gifts. We always go with a set $ amount

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

same here!!! hubby has an older son (19 now) and when he was younger would often get upset over the fact that our DS was getting more gifts than he was. we were having to explain the quality vs quantity theory to him. he wanted bigger, more expensive things where as our DS was only 1 or 2 years old and his gifts don't cost as much so he got more presents to unwrap. explained that we still spent the same amount of money on each to keep it fair!! he was 13 at the time and had never had this explained to him (which is sad). after that there was no issues.
    julesie-pie and slambert like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Morning!

Tough to call. Sometimes my kids are totally cool with whatever they get...but sometimes my older one will suddenly decide to count and he is a high maintenance explosive child. So honestly, if your my buddy, if would be better if the package for the older child is the slightly bigger one. My little guy couldn't care less.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Well ummmmm... I ate one of my buddy's items today (really they were talking to me!). I guess that means I am doing some replacement shhopping tomorrow .

Third hint to my buddy: I have traded with you before
    I've traded with you a whole ton!!!! Maybe it's me.........

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Wow its really quiet on here today! Just got back from picking up a few more items for my buddy. I went to the LCBO today to get a box as suggested by one of you (cant remember who, but thanks sooo much ) and while I was there I picked up something for my buddy which destroyed my budget, but I am sure you will like it. Just a couple more items to go (I know where I want to get them and will be going on Sunday when hubby can drive me there) then I will be done and mailing early to mid-week!
    slambert likes this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

This thread is soooooo quiet today... I hope that means we were all busy shopping for our buddies.

So, I think I am going to use cereal boxes for the kiddo's "package trains". Tape them on top on the bankers box... wrap in brown paper and mail that way

I think I will be able to mail the start of the week...

Today SUCKED for mail today. Nothing for me in the coupon department. HOW is that possible?!?! Guess I should conduct another train

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I will be mailing on Monday! The item I ordered from etsy came in today and I did the rest of the shopping today for my buddy! Now just going to pack it all up

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

This thread is soooooo quiet today... I hope that means we were all busy shopping for our buddies.

So, I think I am going to use cereal boxes for the kiddo's "package trains". Tape them on top on the bankers box... wrap in brown paper and mail that way

I think I will be able to mail the start of the week...

Today SUCKED for mail today. Nothing for me in the coupon department. HOW is that possible?!?! Guess I should conduct another train
    besides my amazon order that came yesterday (delivered by a different mailman) I havent had ANY mail since Monday

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Ok buddy, I'm shipping out your pkg tomorrow I just finished taping it up and going to the post office tomorrow afternoon!

I will PM Jody the tracking number as soon as I get it. So, look out for a box coming to you buddy!

Im so glad I'm finally done shopping! That was super fun! Now, looking forward to more pkg trains!
    julesie-pie and slambert like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

I think I am done shopping! I've wrapped everything and have it boxed, just waiting on my ebay purchase (fingers crossed for tomorrow) and then mine will be mailed off. I had lots of fun shopping for this train, it took some research and some searching posts to learn a lot about my buddy. Hope she likes everything!

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information