User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Country Crafter

Thread: Shaw vrs. Telus

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is not really a deal of sorts however it worked out well for us so I thought I would share.

We received a promo call from Telus this weekend concerning switching to a bundle package from Shaw which would include phone, internet and their new digital tv. The pricing was quite good, (just over $40 cheaper than we pay now for Telus phone and Shaw internet and cable) for the first year, $30 cheaper for the second year and $20 for the 3rd year, (yes a three year contract must be signed.) This deal also included a free PVR for the three years.

We really did not want to make the switch and were actually considering moving our phone to Shaw as it would be cheaper. As well were have heard some stories concerning the Telus TV that their was issues.

Well hubby phoned Shaw today and mentioned the call from Telus. Bottom line was they matched the telus offer including the free PVR (only for 2 yrs. not the 3 but still good and no contract!)

Just goes to show, it pays to shake them up a bit, lol.
    CC
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus
    ssbean likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad we were able to keep you as a customer and hopefully you are still with us

If there are any Shaw customers on here looking to save money, bundle their services or just have questions about their account, I work for Shaw and would be more than happy to help. I can also help any Telus customers who are looking to switch to get you the best possible deal . Just send me a PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's awesome!

Shaw guy, I was wondering... A friend of mine told me when she got Shaw Digital, she got free boxes that were just given to her and she never paid the rental fee. Why do we pay monthly rent on the one we got when we got digital? We got it roughly the same time as she did, no special promotions.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I noticed this thread is from a few years ago, I tried the same thing after I got tempting promos from Telus but Shaw wouldn't budge at all.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    That's awesome!

Shaw guy, I was wondering... A friend of mine told me when she got Shaw Digital, she got free boxes that were just given to her and she never paid the rental fee. Why do we pay monthly rent on the one we got when we got digital? We got it roughly the same time as she did, no special promotions.
    When we got digital, there was a promo that we would get a free digital box. The cost appears on our bill, but then is credited back.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's awesome!

We have had some promotions where customers received free Digital Box rentals as part of our Digital Network Upgrade. If you send me a PM with your address or account number I can find out if there is anything I can do for you on your account.
    Kris
    Shaw Rep

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass and go straight through the Shaw website or store. I don't feel comfortable giving out that info to somebody I can't even verify is really a Shaw employee.

I might delete that post too if I were you, since it might violate your employee contract by asking for information like that through non-official employee-to-customer means.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass and go straight through the Shaw website or store. I don't feel comfortable giving out that info to somebody I can't even verify is really a Shaw employee.

I might delete that post too if I were you, since it might violate your employee contract by asking for information like that through non-official employee-to-customer means.
    By all means you can reach our call centre at 310-SHAW and they will be happy to assist you, I was just offering my help if you need it. I can understand the scepticism though, so I will send you a PM with more details that will verify my employment with the company and that I am not operating outside of what is considered normal for my role. That being said, it makes no difference to me if you would rather deal with the call centre directly, as long as you are a happy Shaw customer that is all that matters
    Kris
    Shaw Rep

Thread Information