User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Royal Bank puts rates up- effective today

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

MQ, I got a fixed rate of 1.7 for 1 year at National Bank. Yes I locked it when the rates crashed!
    MortgageQueen likes this.
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    SOURCE: RBC For further information: Media contact:
    Matt Gierasimczuk, RBC Communications, (416) 974-2124

FYI for SmCer's. . .cheers!

TORONTO, Aug. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - RBC Royal Bank announced today that it is increasing its residential mortgage rate offers, effective August 21, 2012.
    The changes are as follows:
    Special Offer Rates*
    Five-year closed 3.69 per cent (increased by 0.20 per cent)

Fixed Rate Posted Rates
    Three-year closed 4.05 per cent (increased by 0.20 per cent)
    Well, glad I refinanced 6 months early. I figured rates had to start going up sometime.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lealgen View Post
    Yikes - 3.69%??? That sounds kinda high considering I've heard of rates as low as 2.99% for a 5-year!!!
    When my parents bought their current home in 1990, interest rates were 14%. When the recession hit, there were a lot of foreclosures.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ING_rep View Post
    MQ, I got a fixed rate of 1.7 for 1 year at National Bank. Yes I locked it when the rates crashed!
    Aaahhhh. . .very good. Well you "probably" have a few months to coast. . .but keep an eye on the rates. "They" say rates will start to rise in 2013, so you may want to consider a longer term fixed rate for the cheapest rate available, but ONLY if you are sure you won't move in the next 5 years.
    ING_rep likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

greetings, I just wanted to comment and say that I was really impressed with your blog. Keep up the good work! You are a really talented writer and it shows
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    burun estetigi
    MortgageQueen likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by piterson025 View Post
    greetings, I just wanted to comment and say that I was really impressed with your blog. Keep up the good work! You are a really talented writer and it shows
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    burun estetigi
    Gosh, thanks piterson025! That's very kind. If you ever need a mortgage. . .give me a call.

So, you're from Turkey? always wanted to visit there. . .ahhh the markets. . .
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Tue, Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

News update: article from Canadian Real Estate Wealth

Monday, 27 August 2012 10:28 Rate wars over for now, analysts say

Written by Vernon Clement Jones

Analysts are suggesting investors will see little in the way of a rate war for the rest of 2012 as the big banks look to protect interest margins in a slowing market.

The analysis comes a day before the first of the Big Five trod out earnings reports for the third quarter on Tuesday. The expectation is those numbers will restate the case for more conservative mortgage pricing as the growth in new mortgages creeps forward.
    "I expect lending to continue to slow down, especially on the mortgage side, as we move into the latter half of 2012 and into 2013," Tom Lewandowski, an analyst at Edward Jones, told reporters. “That just creates more of a focus on expenses, given the interest rate environment that we're operating in currently."
    Interest margin are continuing to shrink as the books of all lenders begins to reflect the shift to lower interest rate mortgages. That means that even outside the vagaries of the bond market banks are taking in less mortgage interest even as the rates they offer depositors remains stable or increases in some cases.
    The phenomenon suggests lenders are more likely to hold their mortgage rates or increase them as RBC and others did last week.
    The current slowing environment is expected to hang around well into 2013, caution analysts.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________--

There are still a few Lenders offering 2.99 but I have in fact seen some Lenders putting their rates up. If you need to, you could probably get a rate hold for 90 days at 3.09 right now. . . .fyi. . .
    Last edited by MortgageQueen; Tue, Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information