User Tag List

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

So i have this visa, and its mine I'm the primary. I got DH a duplicate card b/c it's a low limit and he buys stuff on line ( this way if it's stolen online it's only a low limit) Well visa decided to send DH a copy of my statement every month. I called and asked why there were sending my statement to someone other than myself and they said it was b/c he had a card too. DH asked them not to send him statements b/c it's my card not his. Neither of us has used the card since June. And now I don't receive statements only Dh does. I know this is mundane, but I'm really ticked about this, as i got the card to help bring up my credit rating, and now they wont acknowledge that its my card. It's not a joint account, it's just a duplicate of my card. I called about it again today, and the lady said DH "has the right to receive a copy". I eventually told the lady that if their gonna send statements to Dh and not to me the primary card holder, then i was gonna cancel the card, b/c how can i make payments if they wont even let me have a statement from my own credit card. Visa is really ticking me off lately.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Grrr.....that's ridiculous. He has a "secondary" card and it is a breach of privacy to send him the statement, not to mention extremely sexist!!! Have you spoken to a supervisor at Visa? My mom was told she had zero credit rating when my dad passed away because she was 'secondary' (had a duplicate card) on his Visa account. We all know the credit rating is attached to the primary cardholder. I wonder if they have changed you to secondary???
    Last edited by DianneS; Wed, Aug 22nd, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have spoken to a supervisor about it and they said they needed to talk to DH first. Dh went to the bank and explained things to them and they said they would fix it. 4 months ago! I did ask them if they were sexist. I also told them it's non of my husbands business what i spend. (although we do discuss all spending, and he knows where i keep all the statements so he could look if he wanted to) i just don't think that this is right.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hmm. Interesting.

Its not the fact he's your husband, it's the fact that YOU the ORIGINAL CARDHOLDER is not receiving bills. Not cool, no matter who has a duplicate card!!

If the bank was unable to resolve this issue for you, I think they have some serious problems. Something got lost in translation here, and clearly no one is doing anything to rectify the situation.

Personally, I would call visa and say, I'd like to cancel my card please. When they ask you 'Why' you can tell them. And unless they can fix it immediately on the phone, you will be cancelling and getting a new card through someone else.

That's total crap!!! We cannot even make a phone call to them unless we have the correct answer to 1 or more 'security' questions, and yet they cannot fix a billing error that is sending the bill to the WRONG PERSON!?!?! I seriously don't even know how that's possible.

Anyway, sorry for the long response. I would be livid!!
    Last edited by nessa23; Wed, Aug 22nd, 2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

If you think that is bad - I work for a bank and I had a lady come in just the other week with her husband's credit card statement (the statement was in her name but she was the secondary card holder, not the primary card holder) demanding to know what one of the charges was for because she was worried it was some kind of scam. I wasn't sure what it was either so I decided to Google it and it ended up being charges to a site called Ashley Madison which is a place people go to cheat on their spouses. I was so embarrassed. I didn't tell her what it was for but I told her it looked like a phone number and she should maybe try to Google it when she got home.

Hopefully they get it straightened out for you OP, but I work in a bank and they are still taking money from my savings account (and incurring a $5 charge every month for doing so) for my TFSA instead of my chequing account that I was told was fixed FOUR times already. LOL. Frustrating!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    If you think that is bad - I work for a bank and I had a lady come in just the other week with her husband's credit card statement (the statement was in her name but she was the secondary card holder, not the primary card holder) demanding to know what one of the charges was for because she was worried it was some kind of scam. I wasn't sure what it was either so I decided to Google it and it ended up being charges to a site called Ashley Madison which is a place people go to cheat on their spouses. I was so embarrassed. I didn't tell her what it was for but I told her it looked like a phone number and she should maybe try to Google it when she got home.

I work in a bank and they are still taking money from my savings account (and incurring a $5 charge every month for doing so) for my TFSA instead of my chequing account that I was told was fixed FOUR times already. LOL. Frustrating!
    oh my!! that poor woman.
    But on the other hand, what kind of idiot charges that to the credit card that his wife gets the statement for??

Very sad also, that you WORK there and they STILL cannot fix it! ...I'd be questioning your manager on that one. Really?!?! How exactly do you recruit new customers, and guarantee their money will be well looked after, when an employee cannot even get their own issues resolved?? (Just my 2 cents, certainly not trying to say anything negative about your co-workers)
    I've always disliked banks.... they take our money, use it to make their own profits, and then charge US for using their 'services' ... bullSH*T I say. I bank with a credit union.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

ellis123
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You should also report issues like this to the financial services commission of ontario and the privacy commissioner. They need to know this is happening so that they can fine or reprimand visa Canada.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does this mean that you can go charge the crap out of that card and not have to pay the bill because you are no longer the primary account holder and he did not sign to accept the financial liability if you did not pay????? Ask them, and then go shopping.

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

I've always found it strange with duplicate cards.

My boyfriend & I have almost all accounts set up together. Every card except one he is the primary holder. My card didn't work for a month when I finally called them and they explained that they cancelled my card because of "mysterious" charges on my boyfriend's account (he ordered something offline). BUT, they didn't cancel his card just mine!

Thread Information