User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Car doors

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've been having a problem with parking my car lately. I wouldn't say my car is the best, but it's what I have right now. I hate coming back to the car from the grocery store or Wal-Mart and finding that my car has two more dents in it. It doesn't seem to matter if I park far away or close to the doors, I still have dents. Why do people think that it's okay to open their car doors and bang my car? I take the time to open my door carefully so that I don't bang your car, so why can't you give me the same respect?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    matrix82, GoJays, xox2010 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I completely understand where you are coming from. I don't think it matters where you park. I don't get it, when I park far away from the doors, and in an almost empty lot, someone will need to park next to me, and sometimes I come back to a door ding. It really bugs me.

I also have been the victim of several bumper scrapes. My bumper has been repainted now, 4 times, and there is currently a small scrape on my bumper that I do not have the money to fix. It's not me banging into other cars, it's other cars backing into me scraping my bumper and then leaving, and twice now breaking off my deer whistles which extend about an inch off my vehicle on the top of the front license plate holder.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Park at the back of the lot. Most people are not energetic enough to park that far and walk especially if they have children who like to excitedly open their doors. It won't prevent it from happening 100% of the time but it does help.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The funniest thing I've seen in a long while was a car which had parked to close to teh pick-up in the front parking space and got caught on the hitch. The pick-up driver was talking to a uniformed security guard about what he should do.

I guess he was waiting since I could hear announcements for the driver of the car .

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rebecca, you don't have a problem with your car. You are noticing the impact of inconsiderate folks on your car doors. And one day, it's going to cause some upset when you want all of those "visits" fixed with a trip to a repair centre and you get the quote for the repair.

Save your car and your wallet-park farther away and ask the universe for the inconsiderate folks to remember their rudeness to car doors. When THEIR car doors get dinged, some of them will melt down in public.

Or if you are handy with webcams, figure out a setup to film the folks who ding your car with some kind of dash video unit. Social media has its perks!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Park at the back of the lot. Most people are not energetic enough to park that far and walk especially if they have children who like to excitedly open their doors. It won't prevent it from happening 100% of the time but it does help.
    This. My mom is paranoid about her car being hit so she parks far away from where everyone else parks lol. She has had previous cars swiped by carts etc before and wants to keep her current car somewhat free of dents.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't think parking far away from the doors helps all the time . People are just inconsiderate these days.

Honestly, if you can find a spot where one side of the car will be next to a curb, I like to park there, as I can pull up right next to the curb on either the passenger side or drivers side, leaving lots of room between my spot and the spot next to mine. In doing this, I've had less damage done over the last year to my vehicle.
    GoJays likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    This. My mom is paranoid about her car being hit so she parks far away from where everyone else parks lol. She has had previous cars swiped by carts etc before and wants to keep her current car somewhat free of dents.
    Like your Mom, we park far away too.
    Funny thing - when we come back to the car, there's always somebody parked next to us. Hahaha. Just the two of us parked in the boonies.
    GoJays, xox2010 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

About 2 months ago I went to the movies with a friend of mine. I parked in a handicapped spot because I have mobility issues. My tag was up showing I was handicapped.. and I come back to a truck parked right next to me close enough that I literally couldn't get between the cars to get to the driver's side door. My friend had to go in the passenger side, crawl over to the driver's side and move my car for me so I could get in. If I was on my own I don't know what I would have done! There's no way I could have crawled over by myself. I left a really nasty note on the guy's windshield explaining what happened and that next time maybe he should think that people in handicapped spots can't do the shuffle over the console to get into their car. I was completely p***ed off. If I was a less nice person I would have keyed his car. Like seriously? How the heck do you park THAT close to someone else's car, handicapped or not, walk past that person's car on your way into the theatre and not think "oh that person's going to have a hell of a time getting into their car. Maybe I should move mine over a bit"?
    Ciel and RebeccaRYoung like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Im not concerned if someone dings my car....he's an oldie but still a goodie...lol
    The new dents just give him character.
    Im always considerate though, about how I open my door. Most car doors will have stages of openess...im not sure how to describe it, but im sure everyone knows what im talking about. My door has lost it's stages, and now just goes to fully open.
    But I always hang onto the inside handle, just to make sure it doesn't swing open wide and hit the car parked next to me.
    Or if it's windy....I make sure to hold on then too!
    Ciel and ssbean like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's just inconsiderate people, that's all...seems to be lots of them around these days. When our car is new and unblemished, I tend to park at the far end of the lot. When it gets its first dings (and they do eventually no matter what), then I relax a bit and park closer to the store.

I hate the knuckleheads that wedge you in so that you can't get into your vehicle without doing contortions.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    I don't think parking far away from the doors helps all the time . People are just inconsiderate these days.

Honestly, if you can find a spot where one side of the car will be next to a curb, I like to park there, as I can pull up right next to the curb on either the passenger side or drivers side, leaving lots of room between my spot and the spot next to mine. In doing this, I've had less damage done over the last year to my vehicle.
    Another good parking spot is near the cart return "houses". Not parking right beside it - they will ding your car with the carts or the run away carts (HHH^HHH).

But one or two spots over. We're finding that these spots are now hard to get, because people are catching on.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

My boyfriend parks far away as well and I agree there's a lot of inconsiderate people out there... but I think a major reason for this is also that parking pots are getting much smaller. If you look at all the SmartCentres ... the spots keep getting narrower !

Quote Originally Posted by Gazpache View Post
    About 2 months ago I went to the movies with a friend of mine. I parked in a handicapped spot because I have mobility issues. My tag was up showing I was handicapped.. and I come back to a truck parked right next to me close enough that I literally couldn't get between the cars to get to the driver's side door. My friend had to go in the passenger side, crawl over to the driver's side and move my car for me so I could get in. If I was on my own I don't know what I would have done! There's no way I could have crawled over by myself. I left a really nasty note on the guy's windshield explaining what happened and that next time maybe he should think that people in handicapped spots can't do the shuffle over the console to get into their car. I was completely p***ed off. If I was a less nice person I would have keyed his car. Like seriously? How the heck do you park THAT close to someone else's car, handicapped or not, walk past that person's car on your way into the theatre and not think "oh that person's going to have a hell of a time getting into their car. Maybe I should move mine over a bit"?
    I don't have mobility issues but this makes me . There a great ad campaign in Quebec that basically says " You really want to take their spot... don't be shy... take it." I wish they would post those on the parking spot poles.
    DaveP, ssbean and lealgen like this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I agree with the post that some shopping parking lots have reduced the size of parking lots.
    Add those new big box developments that have the median/curbs of all shapes and sizes with rocks or paving blocks--to add more driving fear. Some of the medians have strange shapes and some drivers run their rims into them.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

DS and i were heading out to do some shopping when we got home I noticed a dent in my car. It look's like a boot print it wasn't there when we left but an hour later, there is was. On the back passenger door.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information