User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: A first brag, and thank you

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I've been a member of SC for a couple years, I joined while on mat leave but never really did anything with it other than watch for new online coupons to be available and the PG sampler packs. The past month or so things have been really tight budget wise, my car needs work (or to be replaced) and my cat got sick, so I started really paying attention to what I'm spending, I've had a budget but always had trouble sticking to it while buying my groceries, and revisited the site. I joined some trains (ok a lot of trains lol) and traded stamps for coupons to get started. I read up on how to make Shoppers points work for me, I had just used $10 worth to buy milk I really needed and it had taken a long time to build up to that. Now, in a month, I have enough points for $85 which for me means I can always get milk for my son. Or wait and get him a nice present for Christmas.

Today I went to Metro, and used some coupons and my list to get frozen pizzas ($2.58 each!), apple sauce (for $1.49 each!), Nestea (that has the coupon on it... last two boxes in the store) and some other healthy veggies. I've learned a lot in the past month or so from paying attention, and I plan to continue. I feel like I can actually stick to my budget and enjoy some good food! I never even paid attention to coupons on packages, or tear pads before, now I'm a hawk scoping the stores lol, I got two boxes of hamburger helper at Sobeys yesterday (on sale for $1.99) with the "buy 1 get $3 off meat" on them.

Any way, I wanted to thank ya'll, I now have a beginner stock pile and know I don't need to pay full price or even just sale price for anything. I haven't been daring enough to price match yet, but I'm on my way and feel like I might actually get where I want to in life lol.

THANK YOU!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Metro, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

You're off to a fantastic start!! BTW - Price matching is super easy, I've never had a problem price matching

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

That's awesome, WTG! Once i started getting into, I realized how easy it can be and so very rewarding. Scoring an awesome deal is one of the best feelings ever!
    ssbean, gwennad, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

That's awesome!! Glad your using all of us to the fullest!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

One funny thing, all of the saving has made me think much more about what I'm actually spending my money on, I no longer want to just buy "stuff" and I'm a (recovering?) shopaholic lol. It's also made me really look at what I have in my home and how I want to live, I've been decluttering and getting rid of all kinds of things... a strange link perhaps
    linnyeg, Natalka, ssbean and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gwennad - WTG! And as for your last post, the same thing happened to me; there is definitely a link! You may find it will help you be emotionally uncluttered, as well...
    ssbean, gwennad, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Name:  12 (3).gif
Views: 622
Size:  38.0 KB
    ssbean, gwennad, BC Gal and 1 others like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

You did awesome! Great brag! Hope to see many more.
    gwennad, BC Gal, sharkie and 1 others like this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Great brag!
    ssbean and gwennad like this.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

That broght tears to my eyes. You are on the right track. Best of luck with everything.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Terrific! You sure put your learning to good use! Good luck in reaching all your goals! I know you can do it! Reach for the stars!
    ssbean and gwennad like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

This site is really good for decluttering and it gives household tips that make life way easier too:

www.flylady.net
    gwennad likes this.
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I have her book, and am on her facebook page, I should really revisit and actually follow her tips lol. thanks! decluttering has fallen behind as life has been hectic with a sick cat and a new car... but we are getting back on track and I need to get back to it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    This site is really good for decluttering and it gives household tips that make life way easier too:

www.flylady.net
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Great first brag It's amazing how much a person can save when they start using coupons, watching for sales, and not getting something extra because it's there. I have found that couponing has stopped my mindless shopping. It can be work to get a really good coupon, seems like such a waste to blow the savings on something I don't really need.
    gwennad likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

It is amazing that using coupons has made me more mindful of the mindless spending I was doing! And how nice it is that I don't have to spend on things that I have stocked up on. I am less worried abount finances, and certainly not worried about what we are going to eat. Even using Shoppers points means I now have an emergency shoppinh fund if something comes up, I know I can get milk & basics ( for free!) So nice to have a little less stress!
    BC Gal likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information