User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MBNA Smart card

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Noticed a side link to this card again. This is a very good card for those with discipline. It is free, give 5% rebate on up to $600 spent on gas and groceries for each of the first 6 months(They automatically send $50 each time you earn it). They say 3% for on gas and groceries thereafter but I have found that with bonus points it stays near 5% all the time. 1% for all other goods so I only use it for gas and groceries. Not sure how they determine bonus points.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I signed up for this card around the time airmiles devalued their points the last time, and now I'm using it exclusively, whereas before I used the free BMO airmiles card all the time. I get so much more out of it. Not sure how exactly they add up the points, but either way happy with how they've added up so far.

Not great terms if you do not pay off your balance in full each month. Those who do, this is the best card ever. I'm signing my dad up for it too, they spend a ton on groceries.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been using this in place of air miles whenever possible since air miles sucks

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love this card to. Walmart supercenter considered as grocery store so everything there is 3% back (5% in first 6 month). Plus if you apply the card through a cash rebate site (PM me) can get you additional $60 signing bonus.
    nwf1946 likes this.
    You can earn $50 when you open your first Tangerine Account and $120 more when you switch your pay to Tangerine.
    http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html
    MyOrange Key is 15663962S1
    PM if you have any questions.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

is there a limit to the rebate you can get?

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elayjosh View Post
    is there a limit to the rebate you can get?
    There's a limit on the 3% bonus of $600 per month. After that, your points go to 1%, like the return on Shoppers Optimum MC, PC MC, or WM MC. (I think WM may give you 1.25% return at WM though.)
    elayjosh likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been using this card for about 3 years now. Last year I earned $450 from MBNA last year I always love getting that envelope with the $50 check inside. I pay off my balance well in advance so they haven't earned a cent in interest from me.

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    There's a limit on the 3% bonus of $600 per month. After that, your points go to 1%, like the return on Shoppers Optimum MC, PC MC, or WM MC. (I think WM may give you 1.25% return at WM though.)
    Thanks for the info!

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by he88 View Post
    I love this card to. Walmart supercenter considered as grocery store so everything there is 3% back (5% in first 6 month). Plus if you apply the card through a cash rebate site (PM me) can get you additional $60 signing bonus.
    Did not know this. I assumed I was only getting 1% there. This is good news.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    Did not know this. I assumed I was only getting 1% there. This is good news.
    You might have to check your statement. Not all Walmarts are considered eligible for the 3%, but most WM Superstores are. When our WM converted to a Superstore, I think it took a month or so for MNBA to recognize it as such. You can call to have your points adjusted in that case.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did not know Walmart is considered a grocery store, thanks.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwf1946 View Post
    Did not know Walmart is considered a grocery store, thanks.
    Just the Superstores, but some of the newer ones might not be added to the list yet. You can do a small shop there and check online to see if you got the bonus points. Some of the larger ones that sell groceries do not have the bonus.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwf1946 View Post
    I have been using this in place of air miles whenever possible since air miles sucks
    Yeah, I switched to an RBC Infinite Avion after a couple of failed attempts at redeeming for flights on Airmiles. Now I only collect them when it's convenient, I never buy anything to get them specifically.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I use this card for more than a year and Irecommend it. I also did a blog post on it - How to earn extra $60.00 rebate when you apply for the card.

http://canadianaccountanttips.blogsp...ffer-mbna.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

MBNA provides a wide range of credit cards to Canada customers, including rewards and affinities with sports, charity, college and professional groups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information