User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

the Vancouver group started out small..4-8 people, but now it's huge..20-30 people.

What they do is, everyone brings their extra coupons to share, (lots!); and people start plunking down envelopes, file folders, shoeboxes, etc., etc., on the tables, and everyone takes a turn looking through everyone else's 'coupon stash', and pulling the coupons they want from it. (only bring your 'giveaway' coupons!)

The unofficial 'rule' is 'be fair'; if there's 20 copies of a coupon you want, (and of course, now there's close to 20 people there), only take one or 2, and check again later to see if you can get a few more.......that way everyone has a chance to get some great coupons!

As well, as people start to know each other, and their 'coupon wants/needs' , they'll start to bring specific coupons to give to specific people, ie. if you need lots of Pamper coupons, and I have tons; I'll bring them for you.

If you take a peek on the Calgary coupon forum, (go to Local, then Alberta, then Calgary ); you'll see they chat back & forth quite a bit, to find out in advance who is looking for specific coupons,.........as people who have large coupon 'stashes' won't necessarily drag out everything, if they don't know what others specifically are looking for.

hope this helps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joyafull View Post
    I am going to try really hard to make it...I just haven't had time to even look at my coupons in the last couple of weeks, so making a trade list is kind of hard.
    I am just going to bring all my coupons that I am willing to part with and hope that I find some that I want. I heard other group (Vancouver) has a free for all. You bring coupons that you don't want and put on table and everyone can pick and choose. Not sure how good this works???? just an idea
    That's basically the way it goes...just bring ones that you are willing to part with and everyone has a look at what everyone else has and pull out a couple of what you might like...at the end...if there are coups left over that nobody wants we bring them to LD for the staff to use.

After meeting a couple times, you get to know who would like/want what, and if I have extras I will save and bring them next meeting.

That is just the easiest...of course if you know ahead of time what people may be looking for it's always helpful..

I, for example, would love to get my hands on some of the $1off wub2 V8 juices (exp. May 31)...

Anyway..a list is not a 'must' but can be helpful!!

brittanyb
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I'll be there!!! just noticed you guys were getting together again...TONIGHT i don't really have a wishlist put together BUT if anyone has any whiska's or maxx scoops they are willing to part with I'D LOVE THEM! look forward to seeing everyone again!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I will be there tonight but I might be late.. at least this way I'll kow which table if the couponers as there will be coupons out! lol

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I can't believe I can't make it again.... Children from Hell today!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well...it was a small group tonight...but welcomed a new face and welcomed back bborick18!! Chris...didn't see you...hope you didn't come and miss us?! We were in one of the 'meeting rooms' when you first walk in, so it would be hard to miss us!!

Good to see those who made it out, and there's always next time for those who didn't..

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was hoping to be there at 8, but ended up getting tied up till 8:30.. darnit! lol....

Figured youd be done by then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

sorry i too missed it hard when u have sicks kids. hope to come to the next one!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

how many people showed up?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Ohh...it was a small one - 4 of us (well 5, if you count my daughter - lol)...but, on the bright side, lots of coupons up for grabs!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Met a few new coupon shoppers today and Yesterday and they mentioned to me how highly spoke of I am in the coupon shopping community lol, thanks guys haha.. its always nice to hear how awesome I am.. haha

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

never met you before.................but I'm sure you're pretty awesome...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just a reminder of the meeting this Friday - I know there is a game on, but so goes...I can't make this one either.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

is any one going to this fridays meeting i'd be up for it if any one else is ....... i could care less about hockey ... I know booo , hisss me lol

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I can try to make it after hockey....
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information