User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: You can potentially get $ 15- $ 50, if you bought or will buy Activia yogurt

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Has anyone submitted a claim and received their $15-$50

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I submitted the claim for this months ago.... Oct I think. Has anyone received a check yet??
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I submitted a long time ago, still no cheque.

I did believe from their advertising that my digestion will improve if I buy Activia, which turned out to be false, so I do think they should be punished and pay up because making a false health claim is more severe than false advertising in general - there could be people with serious health issues being mislead into thinking they are addressing those issues and treating them when in fact they are not.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly5 View Post
    I really dislike it when companies say that it's been clinically proven. If it actually was, then they would have the information about which researchers proved it clinically and what the results of the study was. Just because it was proven by one study doesn't really mean it was proven. They need more studies to prove the claim that the first study made, plus have enough research subjects, and determine negative side effects.
    When I attempted to dig deeper (I can't recall, believe it was Aveeno brand, or Nivea) the "clinically proven" claim came from a pool of 15-30 people who evaluated themselves in a focus group type setting that did in fact take place in a clinic No double blind, no random pool, no statistical significance.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

So has anyone heard anything back from Danone about this??
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I emailed them a couple of months ago to ask about the cheque and they said the suit wasn't settled yet and to keep checking their website for more updates.
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got a letter from Activia today-it seems the court case is settled-for those of us who have already submitted our request for $15 with the declaration and signature-good news-you don't have to do anything and you will be receiving $30 instead!! There are other options outlined for people who submitted receipts or who wish to opt out. I for one am happy to wait for my $30!
    lecale and mrsf1sh like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This has been posted before but almost a year ago in the Canadian Shopping forum. Worth a reminder has I had missed it.

Danone Class-Action Lawsuit

Group
    All Persons residing in Canada who have purchased in Canada between April 1, 2009 and November 6, 2012 Activia® yogurt products or DanActive® probiotic drink products.

Claim Deadline
    The completed and signed Claim Form and the necessary supporting documents must be received before August 27, 2013.

Direct Compensation
    without proof of purchase: $30
    with proof of purchase: $30 to $100

Claim form (electronic version)
    http://www.collectiva.ca/en/dossiers...claim-form.php

Click on the green Start button on the lower left.

Tangerine (ING Direct) Orange Key: 16442533S1 get 50$ reward for opening a No Fees account!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Yogurt-eating Canadians are now eligible for a little windfall from Danone Inc., thanks to a class-action lawsuit challenging the company's claims that Activia yogurt or DanActive probiotic drinks could aid digestion or prevent colds because of bacteria they contain.
    During the proceedings, Danone denied any wrongdoing, but ulitimately agreed to the settlement to avoid further court costs.

This is not the first time Danone has come under fire for its advertising practices on products. It settled a similar suit in the US as well.
    Any class members in Canada who make a declaration that they purchased the products after April 1, 2009 and before November 6, 2012, will qualify for $30 in compensation, according to the terms of the agreement.
    Anyone with an actual proof of purchase could qualify for up to $100, depending on the amount of yogurt they actually purchased.
    To qualify, you need to fill out a claim form and send it in electronically to [email protected]. For further information, call 1-800-287-8587.
    The completed and signed Claim Form and the necessary supporting documents must be received before August 27, 2013.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

posting under freebies???????? yeah,let's abuse it, because you get $30 anyways if you don't have proof of purchases.
    i hope abusers of this offer rot in hell (yes i mean it!)

since i assume nobody will abuse this offer(LOL) there shouldn't be any problem with my "hope" ;-)

yes, i bought this yogurt but i will not claim any money,just because it's free. because i didn't eat it much for the benefits. it was mostly because like the taste. let's just hope there are still honest people out there...............
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Wed, Aug 21st, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Older threads under shopping discussion, maybe a merge would be a good idea.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/334853-...lement-canada/

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    posting under freebies???????? yeah,let's abuse it, because you get $30 anyways if you don't have proof of purchases.
    i hope abusers of this offer rot in hell (yes i mean it!)

since i assume nobody will abuse this offer(LOL) there shouldn't be any problem with my "hope" ;-)

yes, i bought this yogurt but i will not claim any money,just because it's free. because i didn't eat it much for the benefits. it was mostly because like the taste. let's just hope there are still honest people out there...............

It is a freebie, and I, among lots of other SC'ers have purchased tons of this product. I also purchased this product because I figured it would help with my stomach issue, so darn right I would like compensation for a company lying to me about something they claimed was going to help me feel better. I spent well over the $30 over 2 yrs on their product.

There are abusers everywhere BTW. I posted this for the SC'ers like myself who are ill and bought it for the health benefits. It's not fair that you would come and post something like that accusing everyone of ripping off the system or making us who did buy their product feel guilty for wanting compensation for their misconception. I'm just letting anyone know who did buy the product for the same reasons as me they are entitled to some money back.

Come on now. This company willfully lied, not once but twice about their products so obviously they didn't learn a lesson the first time right? Defend the little ppl not the companies.
    Natalka and LCF204 like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Sorry I did not see it lol

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thanks, I totally forgot about this.
    gameprogirl likes this.
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information