User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Metro(ON) flyer Sep 28 to Oct 4

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

gah I jsut bought a bunch of rice there last week (the jasmine/basmati uncooked that was on for 1.99 until Oct 18th).... But... 50 AM is a lot.... hmmmm fast and fancy doesn't take much space to store right LOL I can always use it for fast lunches at work if added to leftovers or strifry veg

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    What is the "Best Price Guaranteed! We will beat any competitors' advertised price" referring to? Is that just for the prime rib roast or is Metro now ad-matching? (wishful thinking )
    Yes, just the prime rib roast.
    The fine print says, 'We will match any major supermarket competitors advertised price on Canada AA or higher Prime Rib Roast with proof of the current advertised retail price by a retailer within the store’s geographic trading area …'
    jasperandchar likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yes, just the prime rib roast.
    The fine print says, 'We will match any major supermarket competitors advertised price on Canada AA or higher Prime Rib Roast with proof of the current advertised retail price by a retailer within the store’s geographic trading area …'
    Thanks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    Metro stores I have heard actually sell horsemeat in some Quebec stores. Through Metro Richeleau they own the horse slaughter facility in Quebec. How disgusting...I would never enter a Metro store.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy4269 View Post
    Metro stores I have heard actually sell horsemeat in some Quebec stores. Through Metro Richeleau they own the horse slaughter facility in Quebec. How disgusting...I would never enter a Metro store.
    Yes, I often see it in their flyer when I am posting the produce. There are a number of things the 1uebec stores sell that you never see in Ontario flyers... guess there is a market for it.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good price on pop Thanks for the post!!

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy4269 View Post
    Some Foodland's sell horsemeat in Ontario also... (I know because I worked in one a LONG time ago and we sold it)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    Thanks!
    Seems like a lot of people thought Metro was price matching the whole store.
    They had a big sign at the flyers, when you get into the store, telling people they are only matching the prime rib.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (97%)

Can you cash in you air miles like 95 =$10 and still get the 50 bonus air miles?

example Spend $10 then cash in 95 air miles get $10 free and still get your 50 air miles?
    Last edited by Draggy; Fri, Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, I cashed in some airmiles last week and still earned bonus airmiles on everything
    flyingdutch likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was disappointed that I forgot to " unlock " my cash side thingy online before I left for Metro this a.m. so I could actually redeem the 4 x 95 AM and enjoy the $40.00 savings. Instead I had this puzzled look on my face as the cashier said " it says you have no available AM to redeem ".....oh bother! I remembered on the way home that I had locked it a few months ago thinking I was no longer avidly collecting AM.

Now about that rice ( to get the 50 AM) I checked out that display and thought those bags are so tiny, not much rice in them really right? They are seasoned too ( so the salt thing) oh well, enjoy your bonus AM everyone who likes them. I was at least able to get 25 Bonus AM with the coupon Metro sent me for spending over $50.00, and horror of horrors I bought the roasts!! and now roasts are included in the recall!! Guess we will be having them WELL done instead of my favourite way.

Oh and couponlady!!! Thanks again for posting the flyer!!

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

interesting bonus Air Miles deal- spend about $10, earn $50 bonus Air Miles.
    http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/upload...o-oct-4-10.JPG
    is tax on uncle ben's rice product?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikedealsss View Post
    is tax on uncle ben's rice product?
    No, there was no tax. Since you have to do the work to cook it, the government considers this "food" and not "prepared food". So no tax.

You pay tax on anything that is a convenience. So if there is added sugar and added salt and you don't have to prepare anything, there is tax on it. Like chips, pop, chocolate bars, deli food, prepared deli salads (but not salad kits in the produce department). The government is sneaky on their taxes, eh?

Good question.
    ilikedealsss likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

No, there was no tax. Since you have to do the work to cook it, the government considers this "food" and not "prepared food". So no tax.

You pay tax on anything that is a convenience. So if there is added sugar and added salt and you don't have to prepare anything, there is tax on it. Like chips, pop, chocolate bars, deli food, prepared deli salads (but not salad kits in the produce department). The government is sneaky on their taxes, eh?

Good question.
    thanks

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Now about that rice ( to get the 50 AM) I checked out that display and thought those bags are so tiny, not much rice in them really right? They are seasoned too ( so the salt thing) oh well, enjoy your bonus AM everyone who likes them.
    Yes, I was thinking more stocking up on regular rice, not the $1.99 ones
    ~ ~ ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information