User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bdwilliams

Thread: Has anyone read any reviews on the Wii U

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am thinking about buying my son the new Nintendo Wii U for Christmas this year. Systems sell out like crazy so my wife and I we're going to pre-order it but don't know if it is any good. Does anyone know anything about it?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    cftrade likes this.
    BD Williams
    Insurance Agent Extraordinaire
    car insurance canada
    car insurance ontario

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdwilliams View Post
    I am thinking about buying my son the new Nintendo Wii U for Christmas this year. Systems sell out like crazy so my wife and I we're going to pre-order it but don't know if it is any good. Does anyone know anything about it?
    preorders are sold out in many places already...

I pre-ordered 1 at bestbuy and 1 at futureshop, so depending on who has the better deal at the time of release I will keep that one and return the other one unless they are sold out everywhere in which case I'll sell my extra...

I would go and preorder it ASAP. I think it will have a good run - you can check out videos and info on youtube.

Nobody really knows how it will do, but I am thinking it will be great...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh crap. I'll get on it right away!
    BD Williams
    Insurance Agent Extraordinaire
    car insurance canada
    car insurance ontario

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your best bet is to find a Basic unit, as the Deluxe units have sold out almost everywhere.

Basic for $299.99 comes with the system, controller and 8gb of flash memory.

Deluxe for $349.99 comes with the system, controller, charging dock for the controller, stand for the system, Nintendo Land game, 32gb of flash memory and Nintendo Network Premium Subscription (which will give you 10-15% back on digital purchases in the form of Nintendo Points, in which you can buy more games).

There's really no problem buying the Basic set, especially if your son would be just as happy with New Super Mario Bros. U, or another game outside of Nintendo Land (collection of mini-games, but great for parties). Even if you decide to buy a lot of titles digitally, the Wii U will accept SDHC cards and USB harddrives if you need more room.

On the system itself; It's Nintendo's HD offering and slightly more advanced than anything else on the market. It comes with a tablet based controller, and you can play a lot of games just with the tablet, letting you have the television to yourself while your son plays games. It's compatible with Wii Remotes too, so you don't need to go out and buy three extra controllers at launch for something like Mario. It plays Wii software as well, so there's even more software to choose from.. and Wii games are pretty cheap now.

It'll be a pretty cool system. If your son really enjoys Nintendo games already, there's no reason he won't go crazy for this. There's a bunch of titles like New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Scribblenauts at launch.. so a lot of variety to choose from.

This is Nintendo's latest big presentation for the system, and outlines a lot of details; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vyUOdPXbE You can bet there will be units setup in the next month for demo as well.

edit: Sorry about the wall of text, but I hope it helps!

Thread Information