User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Scottishgal
  • 1 Post By moon18

Thread: Orville Redenbachers pop and win bags

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

I love Orvilles and I especially love the pop and win promo and 5.00 hasbo coupons BUT I find when I pop a bag the bag seems to burn right underneath the pop and win sticker adhered to the package. No other part of the bag ever gets burn and if I pop a bag from an old box with no sticker for the same amount of time it doesn't burn. Anyone else find this happening or is it just me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

didn't see this promo, is it on all the Orville popcorns ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

You should write the company and tell them.

I don't like microwave popcorn, too salty for my taste. Cheaper to get a microwave popcorn popper and cheap popcorn kernels! But good luck with the promo!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I haven't opened my box yet but I will be extra careful when I do.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Learning as I go
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Same thing happened to me. I was so sad, was really craving popcorn, but it went away once my whole apartment smelled like burnt popcorn. I guess I'll write to them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Popped a bag tonight for 2 mins no problems with the code at all. Although there were a lot of uncooked kernels. I think i need to add 10-15 more seconds next time. Depends on your microwave too I guess!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

My hubby popped a promo bag last night with no problem. He popped it sticker side up. Was yours sticker side down? I wonder if that would make a difference.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should write the company and tell them, I haven't opened my box yet but I will be extra careful when I do....!!!
    "Dobara"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should write the company and tell them, I haven't opened my box yet but I will be extra careful when I do....!!!
    "Dobara"

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    I love Orvilles and I especially love the pop and win promo and 5.00 hasbo coupons BUT I find when I pop a bag the bag seems to burn right underneath the pop and win sticker adhered to the package. No other part of the bag ever gets burn and if I pop a bag from an old box with no sticker for the same amount of time it doesn't burn. Anyone else find this happening or is it just me?
    Yes, I have been having the same problem. My Microwave is on its last legs ( Really old but it keeps going and going....Hoping it would go so I can buy a new one. LOL.) Anyway....long story shoirt...I just thought it was my Microwave.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wrote to them about 2 bags of popcorn burning a few months ago and they sent me 2 $5.00 coupons after I provided some information found on the box.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    didn't see this promo, is it on all the Orville popcorns ?
    It is just on specially maked boxes. Found some yesterday at Walmart and NF's so it is still out there. Hope you find some

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    You should write the company and tell them.

I don't like microwave popcorn, too salty for my taste. Cheaper to get a microwave popcorn popper and cheap popcorn kernels! But good luck with the promo!
    Yes, I thought about that also but after picking up 5 boxes for 3.00 at Walmarts -with the 2.00 off coupons ( So 1.00 per box) with 5.00 Hasbro coupons on them and winning 10 FPC's for Bagged Popcorn I really didn't want to complain as afraid they might not do the Pop and Win in Future again if they have to many complaints. ( Mind you if it is a legit complaint maybe you should so the company knows )I have won soooo many items with this promo the last few years. I just watch the Popcorn and cook it a little less time. Had 10- 2.00 coupons come in with a trade so picked up 10 boxes yesterday at Walmarts for .77 a box. ( All are POp and Win) Love this Promo
    Last edited by Scottishgal; Sun, Dec 9th, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
    PammieD likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I purchased 2 boxes with this promo. First one was fine and was finished in few days. The second one I have had problem with every bag I put in the oven. The first one burnt from where the sticker was. The second one I was careful and watched it but it did not pop at all so I was left with only few pop corns and a bag full of corn kernels. Third one again burnt from the sticker.
    DH was blaming me but now I have seen this thread I know there is nothing wrong with my microwave or with me(lolzzz)
    PammieD likes this.

Thread Information