User Tag List

View Poll Results: How often do you get take out or pick food up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once a week

4 30.77%
  • 4-6 times a year

4 30.77%
  • Only on special occasions (anniversary, birthday)

1 7.69%
  • rarely, never - always good food ourselves

4 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Delete

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I left this thread and then immediately came back because I had to tell you two things.

1. Prior to the summer we had gone several months without either eating any fast food. We rarely ever thought about it either!

2. The one Christmas season, hmm, probably 2008 or 2009 DH and I got in the worst fast food rut ever. Oh my gosh it was amazing. LOL. We had fast food like everyday for two weeks! It wasn't a lets do this again tomorrow type thing I think it was depression on both sides, the laziness on both sides, being able to just sit on the couch and have to go to the door to "make" dinner. At the end I think we figured it to be about $300 worth. THATS INSANE!!! Oh my gosh I will never forget the amount of money we spent and whats funny is we didn't even think like most people about it adding up until after the fact. It definitely wasn't worth the comfort of warm yummy someone else makes it food.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I have to say, it sounds like most of you don't eat out because you are great cooks...I am NOT.
    I try, really. sometimes we go a week or so, but then...we just need something palatable!

So, maybe if I was a good cook I would be more willing to make my family eat at home more!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Mr P travels a lot for work, so he much prefers my cooking as a change. So eating out as a family or a couple tends to be rare event or a special occasion. Sometimes we meet for lunch during the week as a date when we eat out as a date, if married people still do that kinda thing.

I really don't like places like Macs so I end up with a Sappy meal if I take the brood.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Mon, Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I'm pleased to say no take out this month so far!!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Honestly, I'm still in school and getting take-out is so much easier than having to put together my lunch (especially early in the morning) (does eating at school count as take-out?)

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I caved and had Mc donalds on the way home from a bad day at work. I regretted it though because it cost me $10 (!!!) and the burger was dry and burnt (burgers aren't supposed to be crunchy!) so it didn't do anything to feed my craving.

Last night when shopping at WM I was starving and I wanted a cheeseburger sooooo bad but I resisted and instead bought very expensive pepperoni sticks as my craving. I had two on the way home. I reasoned that DH really likes them and I never indulge since they are so expensive so it was a treat for both of us and it went so much further then a silly burger the size of my palm.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I am proud to say that I survived, I found it difficult but I didn't even buy a coffee or pop or anything else while out shopping.

We didn't get any take out, dine in or prec-cooked food from the fast deli counters at the grocery stores
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information