User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I need your help! I'm in charge of 'goody bags' for a Fund Raiser for out Fire Dept.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

If you remember, last year (and the year before!) I made a thread looking for ideas for our Volunteer Fire Dept.'s Fund Raiser. Well, with only 3 weeks to go), I'm looking for help again this year!! Last year, the ladies who came out to our 'Diva Night' got a goody bag as a thank you for coming out to support our local Volunteer Fire Dept.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/201991-...n-year-canada/

So far, I have about enough iced tea (thanks to the wonderful FPC that comes in the cases of iced tea now...) and Sample size boxes of King Cole tea (a donation from the company). I also have cloth shopping bags and sunscreen that were donated by the Canadian Cancer Society... I have a box of random samples from my P&G samplers and other mailouts.. but this is a Diva Night.... we don't want to think of laundry soap and air fresheners!! haha I also bought a pack of colored paper to make scratch pads (or shopping lists... how Diva is that?! ha)

Let's hear your great ideas again this year!!! I'm not having much luck emailing companies for donations... so I'll have to go the coupon/trial size route!! Are there any coupons out there that we can still use on the sample size/travel size products? (I used to use the $1 St. Ives on the trial size of facial scrub) Our volunteer Fire Dept. is a cause that's very near n' dear to me... so I'd like to help out in any way I can. Without breaking the bank, of course! (My budget for this is zero dollars!!!)

Once the bags are ready, I will post a pix to brag about them, of course!!
    This thread is currently associated with: St. Ives
    Ceren and Abby1 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I saw a cool idea on line. Not free but very inexpensive. They took those cups that you make Jello Shooters in ...but instead of shooters they baked a little cupcake. The ones I saw were chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Would be super cheap and you could sell them. Make the flavors exotic or sinful. And they are so small they are practically guilt free!
    hogama and r0c0upons like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

La coupe has a 2$ off coupon, works for trial size so you could get hair spray & mouse which is 2$ at Walmart
    hogama and natynat like this.

Trading Score
    437 (100%)

I haven't bought any or looked at the price at walmart yet, but I read it in here that trial size colgate optic white is $1, and there are numerous coupons out there that are $1, so makes them free. I have a couple of these coupons that I can mail it to you if you want to get them.
    oh also, tena $5 coupons, tena small packs are $4.99 at walmart, you can get them for free.
    hogama and Abby1 like this.
    JOIN SWAGBUCKS AND START EARNING
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Ceren
    JOIN SUPERPOINTS AND START EARNING-25 BONUS POINTS-!!NEW!!
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/8pos4f

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceren View Post
    I haven't bought any or looked at the price at walmart yet, but I read it in here that trial size colgate optic white is $1, and there are numerous coupons out there that are $1, so makes them free. I have a couple of these coupons that I can mail it to you if you want to get them.
    oh also, tena $5 coupons, tena small packs are $4.99 at walmart, you can get them for free.
    Was going to say this. The Colgate Optic White trial size is indeed $1 at Walmart! The $1 websaver.ca coupons say 'any'
    There's also a new SmartSource.ca printable for Colgate Optic White, but I haven't tried printing it yet, so I'm not sure about its restrictions. Here it is: http://www.smartsource.ca/smartsourc...=D3RSAADXI2V3S

Last week Walmart also had on Skintimate Shave Gel for $2.47 + those $2 off coupons from websaver.ca & save.ca = .47 each. I can't remember if this was a rollback or not, but even if it wasn't, sometimes my Walmart has the sale on for a couple days after it was supposed to end.

Will post when I think of more! I've been putting together some birthday baskets lately, so I've been stocking freebie deals!
    Last edited by Abby1; Fri, Oct 12th, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
    hogama likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm in the same boat as you Hogama...I'm on the "curling committee" for my local Seniors Center. We're doing 64 gift bags for all the players playing in the Curling games. I donated 64 of each of the following- Optic white toothpaste trial size, charmin toilet seat covers, trial size rolls of charmin basic, nivea chapstick, zantac, and nexxus shampoo/conditioner, single bars of Olay bar soap, and packs of stride gum I got when SDM had their 8,000 BP WUB4 promo. I've also contacted a couple local dentists about getting toothbrushes and Sobeys, Metro, 3 SDM's, 2 RCSS's, and some local restaurants like Boston Pizza about donating GC's or products. Very good luck to you..its A LOT of work but its awesome in the end.
    Last edited by AshleyRobertson; Fri, Oct 12th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
    hogama and DianneS like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

If you could get some of the tena coupons and your walmart has the sample size could you use the overage to help pay the extra on some of the things like the shave gel or a wee bit on toothpaste if your coupon doesn't cover the whole amount. Really not sure what else you could do.
    hogama likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Just an idea...instead of having bags with stuff for everyone, why not try to make it really exclusive? if you can find stores that can give you an item for a silent auction or maybe donate an item and it would be part of a grand prize extravaganza of some sort...for example...if you found a spa that would donate a spa treatment...and maybe a nail place that would donate a manicure or pedi...a lingerie store that donated a gc...I think you get the idea...since its a fundraiser, sell tickets and raffle it off....of course, if you happened to get in on the SDM chocolate frenzy, you may have enough to put into bags also...
    hogama likes this.
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

use the overages from Zantac to use towards your purchases
    hogama and couponer2 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sounds like it may just be past Halloween so how about some chocolates when they do the clearances?

Zantac trial size if you have the coupons and as the previous previous person said use the overage for something else.

My WM does not have the trial/travel size colgate optic (sigh).

I like the silent auction idea potentially could raise some funds and it's competitive, maybe speak with your SDM about a free make-up makeover donations (free facial) or something along that line as an auction item up for bid.

Also any local hairdresser willing to donate a free wash and cut would be amazing!

Ask another pharmacy/cosmetic counter for samples of perfumes or skincare products?

Sounds like fun and alot of dedicating, great of you giving back to your community!

How about homemade soaps?

Good luck!
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
    hogama likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great idea!! something similar that we did for company xmas party one year....we put jelly beans in a shooter glass that we had etched/frosted with company logo and date as a memento and filled it with jelly beans, wrapped colourful netting from the dollar store around it tied with a bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYS View Post
    I saw a cool idea on line. Not free but very inexpensive. They took those cups that you make Jello Shooters in ...but instead of shooters they baked a little cupcake. The ones I saw were chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Would be super cheap and you could sell them. Make the flavors exotic or sinful. And they are so small they are practically guilt free!
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

If you have a Freshco near you, than you can get Skintimate free if you have $2 off! They are $1.97 on sale right now!
    hogama likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Not sure if your event is taking place before Dec 1(SDM Mega Redemption)or if you are an Optimum member but I am sure you can find lots of little goodies there. I really like their selection of Balea hair treatments, masks, etc. They're 3/$5.

At Walmart I saw some funky pocket tissue packs. some had animal prints and different things. Most women like tissues for their purse! Just a few suggestions!
    hogama likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    148 (100%)

For the last two years I have done the same.Ideas :My dentist who I have been going to since I was a teenager donated toothbrush and toothpaste;cancer breast give info pkgs;cookbooks from canole growers association gluton free assoc and one other place I can't remember.They aren't large but very nice.I too collected coupons and purchased samples,soap,etc but it is hard to get enough.Starbucks provided samples of coffee,tea etc as our local recreation director had coffee cups that are to be used to promote out town .So I grouped them together a little cellophane and a nice ribbon for presentation (Used them as free draws)Tim Hortons or other specialty coffee/tea could be used.Condoms from our local public health nurse...we did get some laughs on this one just because our age of ladies ranged from 18 to 65!!We have booked our 3rd ladies night for next April 13th,2013.Ive already started collecting items ....in fact superstore had there end of summer clearance I was able to get bbq tools,hot mitts,candles,for like .25 !!I coudn't believe it.The lady working in the area helped me gather up items once I told her what I was doing .All money we raise goes towards our chiller replacement fund in our rink!I was even able to get 3 outdoor fire ring/pits for $5.00!!Regular 40.00.The lady at the store had another staff member sit on the 3 of them till I could get a cart and get my vechile to load everything.Check out clearance section after Halloween choco....freeze them and then if someone is creative make choco bouquets.
    If I think or some of the other ideas our committee came up with last yr I will let you know.As well keep me up to date with any new ideas your committee comes up with .
    hogama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

How about a Holiday Survival Kit. This one calls for jars with jar toppers, but you could do them in bags with a festive bag topper (made from folded card stock that says "The Diva's Holiday Survival Kit"

Holidays Kit

1. A stick of gum to remind you to stick to it.

2. A candle to remind you to shine brightly.

3. A chocolate kiss to remind you that you are loved.

4. A match to light your fire when you feel burned out.

5. A Tootsie Roll to remind you not to bite off more than you can chew.

6. A pin to remind you to stay sharp.

7. A Smartie to help you on those days you don't feel so smart.

8. A Starburst to give you a burst of energy on days you don't have any.

9. A Snickers to remind you to take time to laugh.

10. Confetti to remind you to have fun.

11. A bandage to fix things that just will not work.

12. A bag to help you keep it all together and give you food for thought.

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information