User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Delete

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I'm amazed at how low some of your "Hydro" bills are.

Our electricity bills charge us 4 categorys 1)electricity,2) water,3) Wastewater and Drainage 4) Waste and Recycling

I pay what they call "budget" payments which is my last years charges divided by 12 to even out my monthy payment.

My primary residence I pay $259.00 a month and my rental property I pay $252.00 a month.

What bugs me the most is my primary residence is 2000 square foot 2 storey house and it cost only slightly more than the rental property which is only a 1000 sq foot bungalow.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hydro One in the Hamilton/Ancaster areas that still get service-does do equal billing.
    Horizon Utilities covers most of Hamilton area and St. Catharines too and is comprised of some smaller local utilities that got bought out. Water charges plus sewer charges if applicable (some folks still have septic tanks so no sewer) are billed to Hamilton residents via Horizon Utilities on behalf of the City of Hamilton. If Horizon Utilities supplies electricity as well, there ought to be an equal billing plan somewhere. Aha, it exists but as a pre-authorized billing option. http://www.horizonutilities.com/myHo...t-options.aspx
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I hear what some people are saying about keeping in touch BUT this was one bill and no new bill had come yet and it isn't like I had not tryed to pay the bill I had payed 50%. It is apx 19 days behind which in the 19 days, I have been extremley sick, my parrents moved blah blah so it just didn't occur to me to reamber to call. I just find it really extreme to turn off someone hydro because your 19 days behind. And I also to see how they would see I had no intentions to pay if I payed half. Now I reamber why I don't rant people love to tell other people what to do and twist things lol. To me in my honest opinion I am just making a simple fact that it is extreme and really a waste of time to come banging on peoples doors who are not even a month behind in their bill. I have lived here for almost 15 years and they never had a problem.
    I think people are just offering suggestions on how to prevent this rant in the future. Bills are tough, rant away, if someone during your rant can offer a suggestion for improvement, does it mean less because you were ranting?

Sometimes people just want to rant - no suggestions, no feedback, just rant, and if thats the case, say so. Otherwise, people may try to help.. and its with the best intentions.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Our hydro doesn't cover water, waste, etc. We get a bill from the city for that.

It's weird that different areas vary so much. Guess it just depends on what works for them?

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Last edited by KK7; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Last edited by KK7; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never said I didn't want feedback or suggestions this is what turns me off
    "it looks like your intentions are to not pay"
    But thanks for twisting and around and making it look like I don't want feedback or suggestions ; )
    What you said was

Now I reamber why I don't rant people love to tell other people what to do and twist things lol.
    Which reads to me as if you don't want feedback. Simple as that.

Perhaps you could be clearer if you believe you are being twisted.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Last edited by KK7; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

kk7 I felt so bad for you when I read your rant. Middle class are really the new poor, as they get no help whatsoever...because they have jobs and income. ( what an assumption that they do not need any breaks) Seems so unfair with everything getting more expensive, the day to day bills keep us scrambling.

Hang in there.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Edited to remove quote out of respect for KK's privacy... the post I originally quoted should be removed IMO
    Last edited by KrazE; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Last edited by KK7; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Do you live in a remote area? Just asking because that was an issue with us. We were paying like $500 a month while living in the country, it has dropped to $260 since we've moved to the city. Roughly the same size house (although newer).
    sorry for not responding sooner. I live on the Reserve just outside of Deseronto.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Go to your breaker panel & turn off the main breaker to the whole house, then go outside & check your meter, it should not be running at all because there is zero power to your house, if it is, there is something else tapped into your line.

Many years ago before my kids were born, I lived in a single home in the country with massive hydro bills that could not be explained. I shut off the breaker to the house & went to check the meter to discover the sucker still running.
    It turned out that there was a line tapped into it connecting to the sugar bush on the property directly beside, and it was supplying power to it!

Of course this was a battle that the landlord refused to help to fight because he wasn't the one paying the bills, so notice was given, and I immediately moved out.
    Thank you for the suggestion will definitely check that.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

thankyou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information