User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: So terrible. *updated info!!!**

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

For about the past 5 days or so, there has been a darling black cat follow me home from work. He has a collar on so I figured at first he just got out on someone. But then he kept following me home. Once I got to see him in the daylight I discovered that the rhinestones on his collar were all missing. I gave him a handful of food and he could not eat it fast enough. Getting to pet him, I find that hes pretty thin.

Clearly, hes been abandoned.

I have info about him on all the local barter sites, info with the vet and my friends are spreading the word.

We brought him in to warm him up and he just hissed at my own boys, so keeping him is out of the question, plus we don't want three cats

I am so torn! I know he has to go back outside, but its so cold and wet outside. I hate people that do this!!!

***UPDATE***

I received a reply to my post on Kijiji about the cat! He DOES have a home, he just likes to wander. The person thanked me for keeping an eye on him and this is apparently his habit of wandering around and visiting neighbours.

Thank you everyone for you comments and advice
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by OgresWife; Wed, Nov 7th, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: More info!!

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Do you have a local animal shelter you can contact?
    They may be able to take him for you rather than putting him back outside.
    glenglen likes this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I've just gotten off the phone with the SPCA, they are already over run with cats but they gave me a number that he may belong too
    glenglen and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

awe poor guy!! I don't understand why people abandon helpless animals...

Hope you find his home or a new home!
    glenglen likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Yes, too many cats (and dogs) are abandonned by their owners. My 2 cats are abandonned cats that I found and rescued, and they were each only around 5 months old when I found them. And they have really sweet personalities. Some people get pets without understanding what it means to have a pet and when they get tired of them or there is a problem they just abandon them. It's cruel.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thanks for keeping and eye on him, OgresWife. He may not have been abandoned though...he could have slipped out of his home and lost his way. Hope he's reunited with his family soon *fingers crossed.* Please keep us updated.

In case you still haven't found his family, you can also bring him into a shelter or veterinary office and have him scanned for a microchip. Do the nearby shelters and rescues have a 'lost and found' section on their websites? That's another way to find his family. Good luck!
    glenglen and jasperandchar like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Actually, a neighbour took him up to the vet today to scan him. When I came home from the post office, he was back on my step so I assume there was no chip. I have a phone call into someone the SPCA told me to contact about him, waiting on a call back.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Thanks for keeping and eye on him, OgresWife. He may not have been abandoned though...he could have slipped out of his home and lost his way. Hope he's reunited with his family soon *fingers crossed.* Please keep us updated.

In case you still haven't found his family, you can also bring him into a shelter or veterinary office and have him scanned for a microchip. Do the nearby shelters and rescues have a 'lost and found' section on their websites? That's another way to find his family. Good luck!
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Did you see if he's neutered?

Hope the call you receive is good news!
    glenglen likes this.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

He appears to have been neutered yes.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Did you see if he's neutered?

Hope the call you receive is good news!
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

That's good. Most likely another indication he comes from a responsible home.
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Is there a cat rescue place like SCAT in your city,I would just keep trying on the boards like Kijiji and if all fails bring him to the SPCA I don't think they will turn him away,good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

If it's a kill shelter though, they might euthanize for lack of space . Completely out of their control but, still terribly sad all the same.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have the same thing someone moved from my condo building and left this black cat, male, not fixed maybe 8 months old. We have 4 cats so we can't take another but we feed it once in awhile and I hope someone will take the kitty in. We had a orange and white one same thing happen and now someone on the second floor adopted him. I so want the black cat but I worry about the other 4 kitties cause one is 13 yrs old and set in her ways.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Aww, poor kitty.

I lost a cat once when I was a kid. He was gone for over 3 months before a nice lady called us to let us know that he had been hanging around her home. She did the same thing you did, and was able to track us down. She lived on the other side of Toronto!... he must have taken the subway or something, LOL! Hopefully this little guy can be reunited with his family too.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hopefully the person you contacted is the owner.

My fiancé's cat was missing for six months once. They had given up hope, and then one day he was meowing outside the patio door to be let back in. That same night he went back out (this was 14 years ago before he had any ideas on indoor/outdoor cats etc) and was hit by a car, and a vet found him (thank god!) what are the odds of that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information