User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: SDM video game availability: Newest games?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyone know how good SDM is about having the newest games in stock? DH, bro and cousin all want Halo 4 for XBOX and getting them at mega redemption would be sweet because that's $180! The game release date is Nov 6. Anyone have insight? Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

They will probably get it in. Although they don't carry a large selection of games i do notice that they usually get in the newest games. I've bought a few from shoppers for my DS. The only problem i find is that they only get a few of them..like 3 or 4 sometimes. Guess it depends on the SDM as well. Good luck!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's in the early post for the BC flyer for $59.99.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/324897-...a/#post5049189

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Amount of stock will totally depend upon your SDM - maybe you could call and ask, they might know ahead of time how many they would have.

Luckily, I saw a post kanewtz made on here last week - there was a $20 off coupon code to Future Shop for pre-order online (sorry, it expired Oct. 25), so it was 39.99 when I ordered one for my son - his birthday was Sunday.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Oct 29th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks!!! Can't see those photos on mobile so its appreciated

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

3 copies may be pushing it. They don't get many in. May be hard to find a store on mega day that has 3. I know some stores will let you order games. Maybe talk to your store and something can be arranged for you.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Great tip! Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    3 copies may be pushing it. They don't get many in. May be hard to find a store on mega day that has 3. I know some stores will let you order games. Maybe talk to your store and something can be arranged for you.

Trading Score
    291 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Amount of stock will totally depend upon your SDM - maybe you could call and ask, they might know ahead of time how many they would have.

Luckily, I saw a post kanewtz made on here last week - there was a $20 off coupon code to Future Shop for pre-order online (sorry, it expired Oct. 25), so it was 39.99 when I ordered one for my son - his birthday was Sunday.
    Yes I was so happy to get in on this deal -- my DS (14yrs) really wants this for Christmas so I'm glad I was able to get it for $39.99 plus tax - but I have seen MANY "new" games advertised at SDM eg. Assasins Creed is $59.99 in new BC flyer I believe
    Natalka likes this.
    MY WISHLIST - (click link below please)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/javamama1974/

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i went his mornig looking for games for my son they had a shipent in and did get the oe i wanted for 3ds but not for the wii there was another lady looing for the one in the flyer i believe it wasan xbox game they didn't have it the cs saidshe'd call around but that evena t xmaslastyear theyonly gotoneof a game they had adverrtised, she said they tendto give more gamesto the biger stores likebest buy boooooo
    torontogal12 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Maybe putting the order in advance like Sara suggested is the best idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    i went his mornig looking for games for my son they had a shipent in and did get the oe i wanted for 3ds but not for the wii there was another lady looing for the one in the flyer i believe it wasan xbox game they didn't have it the cs saidshe'd call around but that evena t xmaslastyear theyonly gotoneof a game they had adverrtised, she said they tendto give more gamesto the biger stores likebest buy boooooo
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I was able to get assassin's creed 3 yesterday (it just came out yesterday). Although, I didn't get the friggin bp from the flyer (4000) so I guess I get to make my first call to head office! (anyone know the number offhand?).

Last year I got a Nintendo 3ds and a new ps3 game just after it came out on a redemption. TO gal - id suggest going to one of the stores downtown that isn't open on weekends on the Friday night of redemption weekend. A lot of times they don't have electronics sections, but they'll have them in the back & if you ask they can bring them out for you. This is what happened with my 3ds. Because they're not open on the wknd, they'll have the mega redemption on that night, and most people won't go to those locations for items like that because they don't have them out etc.

Failing that, and because you want 3 copies, you may want to call ahead as suggested to see if they'll order them for you or put them aside etc.
    Last edited by PammieD; Wed, Oct 31st, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

1-800-shopper
    PammieD likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    1-800-shopper
    Haha, guess that makes sense! Thanks!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    I was able to get assassin's creed 3 yesterday (it just came out yesterday). Although, I didn't get the friggin bp from the flyer (4000) so I guess I get to make my first call to head office! (anyone know the number offhand?).
    I also picked up Assassin's Creed 3 yesterday, and also did not receive the bonus 4000 points. I emailed them last night, as soon as I got back from the store, and when I checked my emails this afternoon, they had responded as follows:

"Thank you for writing us about our Assassin's Creed 4000 Bonus Points promotion. We were sorry to see that your bonus points were not credited to your card at the time of purchase and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We have added the additional 4000 points you would have earned to your card now, which we hope you enjoy redeeming at any Shoppers Drug Mart location."

I logged into my Optimum account and sure enough, my points have been added! YAY!! I definitely recommend contacting the Head Office.
    Last edited by ange410; Wed, Oct 31st, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
    PammieD and torontogal12 like this.
    Some people's heroes wear capes...mine wear combat boots.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ange410 View Post
    I also picked up Assassin's Creed 3 yesterday, and also did not receive the bonus 4000 points. I emailed them last night, as soon as I got back from the store, and when I checked my emails this afternoon, they had responded as follows:

"Thank you for writing us about our Assassin's Creed 4000 Bonus Points promotion. We were sorry to see that your bonus points were not credited to your card at the time of purchase and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We have added the additional 4000 points you would have earned to your card now, which we hope you enjoy redeeming at any Shoppers Drug Mart location."

I logged into my Optimum account and sure enough, my points have been added! YAY!! I definitely recommend contacting the Head Office.
    Fantastic - thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information