• 1 Post By pippinelkhound
  • 4 Post By DianneS
  • 2 Post By Carlotta
  • 1 Post By LisaLisaBoBisa

Thread: LD Brentwood-Supervisor Adele horrible customer service-STAY AWAY

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have just written a lengthy complaint to head office about this woman. Her name is Adele, Sales Supervisor at LD in Brentwood mall and often works the customer service counter. She should instead be in the warehouse somewhere and not dealing with the public. If anyone has had similar bad experiences with her please feel free to write (a much more brief) email to: [email protected] and simply say you have experienced unfriendly service from this woman.
    I also emailed the CEO and marketing manager but not sure if I can post those emails here.

This is, in part, is my complaint:

"WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear London Drugs,

I hate having to waste my precious time to complain about poor service but today I was pushed over the edge by the continual RUDE and offensive behaviour of Sales Supervisor ADELE at my nearby Brentwood Mall London Drugs. I have been undergoing her bad customer service and mistreatment for months and today I am taking the time to complain and to tell all my friends and family about my experience.

This woman never smiles, never says a friendly hello. She looks angry and treats the customers like garbage as though she hates her job and hates dealing with people. I have witnessed her at the customer service desk on a number of occasions be rude and unfriendly to the customer ahead of me and I contemplate putting my stuff down and coming back when she is gone. She makes my London Drugs shopping trip miserable.

Today, as usual, she did not say hello or even look at me. I was pricematching ONE item and purchasing two of this item and using coupons. I looked at her in the eyes and said "You don't like us very much, do you?" She replies, "I don't know you"... I respond "We as in couponers, you are never very nice and you never say hello or smile ". She angrily says she did say hello, so I told her I must not have heard her. She attempts to stare me down, lowering her head to catch my eyes as I am inputting my debit data. So I look her in the eyes and told her many in the local couponing community get the impression she hates dealing with us for some reason, to which she responds "I don't care about the coupons" or something to this effect. Then she looks at me with disdain and very very sarcastically says "Now you have a nice day" within earshot of the customer behind me at my heels.

Is this really how LD trains their management to speak to customers?

I was not rude, did not raise my voice and said nothing offensive. I was not "extreme couponing" in any fashion that would cause anyone frustration (and never have.) I had a total of two identical items.

She did not apologize for not saying hello, never smiling or treating me with such disdain. She did not apologize for not being friendly. And I certainly did not appreciate her closing sarcastic remarks. This woman is at the CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK. I have been disgusted by her behaviour, which in my experience, is always the same even with other customers not using coupons. I am deeply offended by her customer service skills and have posted my complaint on a nationwide couponing website warning other locals not to shop while she is there or shop elsewhere. Coincidentally there are many, many people who feel the same way about this woman. I have asked them to complain so as to have this woman moved elsewhere or given a job behind the scenes where she does not need to interact with the public because she does a very poor job and is driving away customers.

If this is the how LD wants customers to be treated and continues to have this person at the customer service desk I will take my couponing business to Save On Foods and my other drug store needs to Shoppers Drug Mart and encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Your website under About Us, says this :
    We guarantee the best service

Which is obviously not the case at this store.

(on a side note, in sharp contrast is the fabulous service I have received from Xxxxxx. He always says a simple "hello" with a smile, often says, "great deal today hey?" and then a "Have a good day". Is this really so hard for this Adele woman to master?...and she holds a managerial position??? I am stupified and horrified at this notion! Xxxxx is a great example of how a customer service rep should treat the public, perhaps he could train her?

I am a very busy working mom and do not have time for a telephone conversation, if someone would like to contact me, please do so by email."
    END

I won't be interested in a comment debate about this post. I am simply posting it for those who are interested and would appreciate the warning. To those who want to trash my post, as I see happens when someone posts their complaint here: I won't care and I won't comment, so "go crazy".

Happy Couponing folks!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Pharmaprix, Save on Foods, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow! Its amazing how many cranky people there are that deal with people on a daily basis. Hopefully the company has a talk with this woman or removes her from the front. I would dread having to shop at a store with someone like that there.
    Alex2001 likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe she was a Zellers employee who got a job at LD. Sure sounds like the same type of person.
    Alex2001 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going to preface this by saying you do realize that you just complained about a woman who has worked at London Drugs longer then I have been alive? She's worked there nearly 35 years. 35 YEARS of people treating her like garbage.

I love Adele, and this post infuriates me. I have shopped with her sometimes up to 3 times per week and she is always happy to chat, always smiling, asking how my daughter is. Want to know the difference? I'M NICE TO HER. Sounds like you put her on the spot, tried to embarrass her and treated her exactly as you are complaining she was treating you - rudely.

she has no issue with couponers, so again... your pointed question to try and get a reaction out of her.. ridiculous.

I seriously hope you feel good about complaining about someone who's old enough to be your grandmother and who is entitled to have a bad day - just like the rest of us.

I'll be making sure to gather all of my friends who LOVE her to send London Drugs an email about how incorrect and exaggerated your letter to them is.

Don't like shopping with her? Don't check out with her, simple enough. You could have been much nicer about this and spoken directly to Nancy if you have a legitimate concern.
    pippinelkhound and DianneS like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I too, have nothing but good things to say about Adele. I have never had anything but great service from her, and every other LD employee at every location I have ever gone to. Several employees have even gone out of their way to make sure I got a deal that I may have not realized was going on. Im sorry, but I don't agree with the OP at all. Sorry you had a "bad" experience, but I have frankly seen some very bad behavior out of our couponing community as of late (not that I am accusing the OP of this, Im just sayin)
    pippinelkhound and DianneS like this.
    gone shopping!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I find interesting in this post if the fact that you will name and shame someone who you feel gave you poor service but will us xxxx for someone who you felt went beyond the norm.
    BCSparkyGirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Sorry OP, but I don't think SC is the place for personal attacks/vendettas against anyone, including specific retail employees. Although I have not met either of you, I get the feeling your post says much more about you than it does about Adele. Perhaps it might be wise to consider changing the way you treat cashiers/customer service reps.
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Sorry OP, but I don't think SC is the place for personal attacks/vendettas against anyone, including specific retail employees. Although I have not met either of you, I get the feeling your post says much more about you than it does about Adele. Perhaps it might be wise to consider changing the way you treat cashiers/customer service reps.
    I agree. I'm very surprised that a personal attack that actually names an employee would be allowed on this forum. If I was Adele, I would be suing you for slander.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Speaking of Zellers employees I'd point out that after working for first Towers and Zellers for over 31 years my own mother makes a little over $12 per hour, and that's at a unionized store. So yeah, I wouldn't be happy working for Zellers myself. My mother is UNilingual and her math skills surpass most. Just thought I'd remind everyone of what a ty place to work HBC is

As for the OP - I have no experience shopping at LD but the posting of an employees name etc is bordering NUTS!!! So what if she likes or doesn't like coupons - friendly and happy? Why because you said so? Maybe she isn't so happy, maybe she is depressed, maybe her husband is sick - WHO CARES!!!! Why does everyone expect everyone else to be so happy? sheesh .

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Maybe she was a Zellers employee who got a job at LD. Sure sounds like the same type of person.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Thread Information