User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tassimo or Keurig? Not sure which brand to buy.. help! Questions..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm considering buying either brand. I looked at a Keurig B40 Elite Single Cup Brewing System online for around $88.00 (Walmart, Canadian Tire). I noticed this model offers two cup sizes (8 ounce and 10 ounce).

However the Tassimo does not say if it offers two or three cup sizes. Does the brewer sense the size of the cup/mug? Some of my cups/mugs are shorter, taller and I was worried if the coffee, tea etc would overflow if the cup is not the right size.

I mainly want to use it for tea, coffee and hot chocolate. I'm not into mochas and fancy frothy drinks lol.

Are both the same quality?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tassimo disc boxes tell you what size cup you need. The Cadbury Hot Chocolate needs a different size from the Suchards.

The tall latte type cups will accomodate a Tassimo frothy coffee and Suchards HC to make a mocca

What types of coffees are you interested in? Look at the grocery store shelves to see which brands go with which brewer system. Timmies only works in Tassimo. Starbucks belongs with Keurig.

I like my Tassimo. But I'd never use the brewers to make tea. It's easier and better to use the electric kettle.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Tassimo too, and I love it. I'm not that fond of speciality coffees and lattes etc., so I just drink coffee and green tea. My Tassimo does both. The one thing I have noticed is that the Keurigs I have seen take a while for the water to heat before you make the coffee. With the Tassimo, you pop in the disc and it immediately starts to brew.
    I drink the Nabob brand and have just tried the Timmy's. Like them both. I also think if you compare the coffee prices, per cup, the Tassimo is quite a bit cheaper. But that's all just my opinion, for what its worth
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have both, in fact just bought my 2nd Keurig after the first one finally calfed (had it 7 years so was all good). We purchased a tassimo about 5 months ago for our rv. I used it at home for a few weeks first, and I must say, I'm not impressed. I wasted 2 packages of hot chocolate I purchased for the grandkids, they would only half brew, or not brew at. Same thing happened with the latte.

I can only say that I will not be replacing my tassimo when it bites the dust.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have a Tassimo and love it! Never had a problem with it. The boxes say what type of mug/cup you need. I know the Breakfast Blend coffee takes a larger mug than some of the other coffees.

The only thing that about the Keurig is that they have more flavours of coffee that I can't get with my Tassimo, however, now that Timmies came out with T-Discs, I might be set
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone for your help and input! Tomorrow I plan on checking out both brands and the cups they offer. I'll keep you updated on which one I buy.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I find Keurigs have way more options available. We have a Tassimo and there aren't many drinks for it IMO. I've never used a Keurig, so I'm not sure time wise how it compares to the Tassimo but our Tassimo starts making the drink automatically.

It depends on what drinks you want to purchase... Keurigs have more specialty drinks whereas Tassimo just has basic coffees and 1 hot chocolate drink.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The Keurig only takes 60 seconds to heat up, not that long. Mine has a timer feature on it, so it's ready to roll when we come downstairs in the morning. I prefer a fairly strong coffee-flavoured coffee, DH is more about the flavoured varieties. We usually have about four or five flavours for him to choose from.

Mine also has three sizes to choose from, but we only use the largest size really. Creatures of habit!
    xox2010 likes this.

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Love my Keurig. I only like one cup of strong coffee in the morning. Therefore it works great for me.
    I bought the refill kcup to make my own & save money. Plus I recycle my coffee grounds. For a treat I will buy the kcups.
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I went with Keurig for 2 reasons - My K cup which allows me to use my own coffee & not be forced to buy K cups, and reason two was because at the time I was looking, I knew of a few people whose Tassimos went up in flames (literally) and burnt their cupboards & surrounding areas pretty badly.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

FYI i saw a TV show on CNBC about Keurig and Green mountain coffee. Keurig sells their product for almost at their cost, it is the K-cups that they make the money off of us. Green mountain would not tell CNBC just how much they make off of just 1 K-cup but I bet they make lot$.

BTW i also have a keurig
    Last edited by Horndogg; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update... I bought the Keurig B40 Elite Single Cup at Canadian Tire today. I like the idea of the My K Cup to save money so I purchased that too. It also comes with 12 K cups to get you started. I plan on setting everything up tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your input
    matrix82 and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

One big tip for the My K Cup - I do find the design is a bit lacking in that the top piece has an opening that can cause your Keurig to leak from around the top of the My K cup due to the lack of a tight seal.

My fix has been to purchase a pack of washers that fit right in the slot at the top of the My K cup lid & no leakage; you do need to change the washer out every few weeks though.
    neelkamalll1979 and bdurls like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I love my keurig
    ....just be happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Kraze, are those just plain plumbing washer or are they Keurig specific.

I've had my keurig a couple of years and have never used the My KCup. I'm going to try it out tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information