User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Tassimo or Keurig? Not sure which brand to buy.. help! Questions..

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

They are just plain plumbing washers - about $2 max for a packet of 6 I think it is
    gourmetsue likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I have a MrCoffee version of the Keurig. I use an ecobrew with it. It has one size cup but the eco brew holds more coffee in it that the premade cups so I just run through water twice ( about 3/4 full each time) and fill my bog mug that way. I use me own coffee mostof the time and it is so much nicer than having to make a pot each time I want a cup of coffee. This why it is fresh when I want it. I can also put a teabag in the cups or loose leaves and get tea the same way.

I was just looking up the ecobrew on amazon and I found this. http://www.amazon.ca/Ekobrew-Storage.../dp/B008IYJNE4

It is a great deal because the 4 pack cups are the same price as the pack with the drawer.

The great thing about the ecobrew is that they fit into the space for the cups so you can switch back and forth from ecobrew and regular cups. The my kcup thing requires you to take out a piece of the machine and it is a pain to get in and out and clean.
    Last edited by kerrylj; Sun, Nov 25th, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Walmart the other night and bought the Keurig Elite for $77 (and it comes with the $10 MIR). I already have one on my desk at work and one at home, but a thirs never hurts. I described the Tassimo to another customer as "the one that sprays hot water at you." She laughed and then picked up a Keurig too.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

We bought ours at Costco. Has bigger water holder and came with the reusable thing and a ton of k cups. They also have Columbia coffee k cup for under $0.50 each.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Keurig seems to be the best. l have had both but like Holly says the Tassimo doesn't always seem to read the barcodes properly and you waste alot.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I guess it would depend upon the brands of coffee you prefer. Since the Keurig and Tassimo sell different brands of coffee/tea/etc you would purchase the one that sells the brands you like.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

What you also have to take into account is whether you want to be locked in to only what you can get in t-discs (tassimo) or be able to brew your own coffee producing less waste with the Keurig. For whatever reason, it doesn't appear as though Tassimo has designed a t-disc version of the My K cup as of yet, so that's something you will want to consider when comparing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    Keurig seems to be the best. l have had both but like Holly says the Tassimo doesn't always seem to read the barcodes properly and you waste alot.
    The only time our Tassimo didn't read the barcode properly was when the husband forgot to turn the machine on before inserting the disc! And even then he figured out how to restart it without wasting the disc.
    Carlotta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    They are just plain plumbing washers - about $2 max for a packet of 6 I think it is
    thanks!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We got both! LOL We love the Tassimo Expresso and Cappucino, which Keurig doesn't really have, but also like to be able to use our own coffee in the Keurig. We are mostly using the Tassimo right now because we love the expresso, and the pods are pretty cheap at Costco, or for free at SDM when you redeem. Personally, I would pick Tassimo!!!!! The Long Expresso is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information