Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hydroxybutane
  • 2 Post By hydroxybutane

Thread: Adopt-a-Family - Christmas 2012

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Hi all,

I wanted to let everyone know that I am again organizing a Christmas outreach-adopt-a-family program through a local church. I have organized this event for the last 6 years and I enjoy it! I also know many of the families and the children that are served by this program personally.

This year, I have made it a goal to make sure that each family gets a "personal needs" basket, which includes toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, body washes, shampoo, deodrant, etc.

There are many ways that you can be involved if you would like, from wrapping and packing, to sponsoring a family, buying a gift, donating personal hygiene items, to helping deliver I'm also happy to arrange a family to sponsor for a workplace! If this is something that interests you, please feel free to private message me and I can give you more information.

Thank you all!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    islandlakes and beach girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

It is so awsome that you do this! Our local elementary school always adopts a family at christmas time. They usually ask for spacific items for the children in the family. Last year I was able to send about $150 worth of groceries, personal hygene items, etc. All in all what I sent might have cost me $10! It felt so good to be able to help out this way. Before I became a couponer we sometimes struggled to get some of these basic needs for our own family. Things are so expensive these days, and many times even the family's with 2 working parrents struggle to make ends meet. SC is the perfect place to get the word out for this! Time to dig into those stock piles people!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Yes, schools are another great place to help out. Couponing have definitely helped me able to make my goal of personal hygiene kits for families this year.

Last year we sponsored 33 families (biggest ever)! 22 for gifts, groceries and turkey; 7 for groceries; and 4 for just gifts. I'm hoping that this year we will be able to do just as well!
    Allis154 and beach girl like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi do you do this for sault ste marie to ? can you email me at [email protected] thank you

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Hi Laura, I sent you a private message. But no I don't do anything in Sault Ste. Marie, just Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

truly fantastic of you and your helpers!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Thread Information