User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Zellers- so called liquidation sale! FARCE.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just an FYI: With Zellers closing down, to make way for Target in Canada....don't be fooled by their deals on now! They aren't very good! I was at a location in Winnipeg yesterday, and the whole store was 20-30% off, but the prices weren't any better than any other store! That is WITH that discount! AND....it's final sale on everything!

To me, a store closing for good...should be BLOWING OUT things at very cheap prices. They aren't doing that. Yet, anyhow. I am a huge comparison shopper, and know my prices...always look for bargains. Take my advice. Don't bother. At least until they do a bigger sale. Side note: the toys were decent prices. But, no cheaper than other chains, i.e. walmart, and the selection wasn't great.

LAME! Bring on Target!?!!??
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart, Zellers
    Online all the time? Might as well get FREE STUFF! join swagbucks with me here:

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I totally agree. I would think that there would be bigger sales, but there really aren't.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah pretty much everyone with a liquidated/liquidating store has been kind of disappointed. It was only in the last 2 or 3 days that the deals were really any good here, and by then the store had been stripped bare.

Honestly don't take time away from any other shopping to go there. I got better deals BEFORE they liquidated with the store coupons they had out!
    millak likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Lol one of the Zellers here started the liquidation. They have big signs everything 20-40% off. Everything is 20% from what I saw with the exception of baby stuff that's only 10% off.

How can the say everything is20-40% off and still have a huge section only 10% off.(its not like they missed an item or 2 its the whole baby section) lol
    matrix82 likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Yeah pretty much everyone with a liquidated/liquidating store has been kind of disappointed. It was only in the last 2 or 3 days that the deals were really any good here, and by then the store had been stripped bare.

Honestly don't take time away from any other shopping to go there. I got better deals BEFORE they liquidated with the store coupons they had out!
    Lots of things were broken too at the end in Red Deer Zellers.Only thing really left was ladies clothes and a ton of cookies I think they were called Maria Classique it was kind of in a light brown box.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Are you sure you went to a liquidation store? Doesn't sound like it.

There's only 2 liquidating stores at this very moment in Winnipeg. The one on Regent and the one on Fermor. Last time I heard, they were pretty bare.

As for the actual liquidation sales, Zellers doesn't control what prices are what. We were told as employees that a whole seperate liquidation company would be taking us over until our closing dates.
    Last edited by kokobear666; Tue, Nov 20th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My local Zellers isn't in liquidation yet. I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up for some super deals.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    My local Zellers isn't in liquidation yet. I guess i shouldn't get my hopes up for some super deals.
    Absolutely lots of people will be buying stuff before they even reach the level of the sale prices in the flyers.They just buy the clearance hype.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I Totally agree! My local Zellers got cleared out months ago.

I didn't buy anything just laughed and took some pictures and a video. IT WAS RAVAGED!!!Name:  IMG_4855.jpg
Views: 3230
Size:  360.5 KB

Hardly anything left. Selling Broken, pray paint covered step stools for $5?!?!?!?!...Name:  IMG_4852.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  384.7 KB $$$ Thats Not even cheap, and its basically garbage?!!!! I was so confused.

Its just Not worth shopping there. The maxwell house coffee was one of the only things left and was priced at like 12 dollars or something ridiculous.

I could have gone to walmart and not been in an apocolypse setting and gotten coffee for less money.
    Last edited by millak; Tue, Nov 20th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

My Zellers hasn't started liquidation yet (after christmas) and they're not due to shut down until March..... My DH and i are already planning a huge trip there for boxing day/liquidation deals

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It really depends on location, my local store is set to close Dec 17th. Over the last month/six weeks they have moved steadily from discounts of 20-30%, 20-40%, 30-50%, 40-70% (which is where we are at today, as far as I know). There isn't much that is at the higher discount yet. There are many items still left on the shelf, I think everyone is waiting for the better deals. I'm saving some money to buy some bigger items when they're at a higher discount, if I can get my hands on them. Otherwise, waiting till boxing days sales at other stores

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kokobear666 View Post
    Are you sure you went to a liquidation store? Doesn't sound like it.
    Household and food products only went lower than 10% off in the final few days/week. Their sales are crap, and you're right, it doesn't sound like a liquidating store, but it absolutely is.

Quote Originally Posted by millak View Post
    I Totally agree! My local Zellers got cleared out months ago.

I didn't buy anything just laughed and took some pictures and a video. IT WAS RAVAGED!!! PIC 1

Hardly anything left. Selling Broken, pray paint covered step stools for $5?!?!?!?!... PIC 2 $$$ Thats Not even cheap, and its basically garbage?!!!! I was so confused.

Its just Not worth shopping there. The maxwell house coffee was one of the only things left and was priced at like 12 dollars or something ridiculous.

I could have gone to walmart and not been in an apocolypse setting and gotten coffee for less money.
    Pic 1 is honestly typical zellers here. I remember emailing head office when there was glass broken on the floor for over a week.

I completely agree about those stools too, I remember seeing worn out dinner plates from the diner for like $4 apiece, cutlery for $1 apiece (even the dollar store sells NEW stuff for like 2/$1 or 3/$1!) and cloudy plastic glasses (means they're old and worn out) for like $2 each. Staplers and things were priced at 2-5 bucks. What a rip!

Couldn't believe what they were charging for some stuff. It was ridiculous.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yeah, the liquidation sales are pretty lame.

by the time you start to get somewhat reasonable discounts, the store looks like a bomb went off, and everything is just trashed.

i have gotten a couple of decent things for good prices, but it's not like you can really take away a great haul of great deals.

the best time to get good deals on items at zellers is just before it becomes a liquidation store. you still have to pick and choose, but you will get better discounts and things will be in some reasonable condition.

in my opinion, the only things worth looking at are some of the household items. clothes, shoes, linens are just garbage at zellers anyways.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I really dont know what to think about that.In my city Zellers will close soon but it will not be turning on a Target....Just closing due some problems.I wonder what kind of sale and % we will get...
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Nov 20th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information