User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Walmart phillips razor deal or no deal

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First off I am new to this and I luv this site. I went to WM last week and bought a phillips electric razor for 49.00 (sale) and I had a 20.00 coupon. So total was 29.99 plus tax(manager had to approved coupon)

I see this razor is on sale starting tomorrow for black friday at WM for 39.99.....So I go back to WM yesterday and ask if I will get a price match. They said I could return razor right now, which I did and then come back on Friday and purchase for 39.00.......So I said ok return it, she refunded me in cash 56.00 (not sure about how many cents) in cash. So I spent 29.99 on razor (plus tax) and I get 56.00 back in cash.
    So basically they paid me 20.00 cash for coupon........Now I go back tomorrow and buy it for 39.99 and I have another 20.00 coupon, so I get it for 19.99.........Did I just make 20.00???????
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    hcao, Luisa_101, sharkie and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes you did
    sharkie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

where is the coupon from?
    sharkie likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If you returned with receipt, I believe they should have only given you what you paid for it.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyGirl View Post
    If you returned with receipt, I believe they should have only given you what you paid for it.
    I agree...but then i thought how can they give her the $20 coupon back??
    for me, they should've just did a straight exchange...
    then given her back the $10 for the difference in the sale price ($49.99 last week, now $39.99)
    the cashier missed the ball on that one.
    This brings up a good question, what happens when you return an item that you used a coupon on?
    You can't get the coupon back obviously...so do they give you the coupon value back????
    Ive never returned anything i've used a coupon on.
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    I agree...but then i thought how can they give her the $20 coupon back??
    for me, they should've just did a straight exchange...
    then given her back the $10 for the difference in the sale price ($49.99 last week, now $39.99)
    the cashier missed the ball on that one.
    This brings up a good question, what happens when you return an item that you used a coupon on?
    You can't get the coupon back obviously...so do they give you the coupon value back????
    Ive never returned anything i've used a coupon on.
    Ya, I have been mulling this over and was coming back to change my post. I agree with you. And the store will still get their money from the coupon plus selling the item again. I'd never returned anything I bought with a coupon either.
    mickpalace and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I bought a bunch of dental floss for my hubs with some coupons at sdm once and he sent me back because i bought the wrong ones and they refunded the whole amount and let me repurchase the right ones again with new coupons. they get reimbursed for the coupons once the receipt is already put through so really its just gain for them and gain for us!
    sharkie and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bought one of these razors too for a xmas gift....the cashier was amazed at the coupon and wanted to know how to get one.
    sharkie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    First off I am new to this and I luv this site. I went to WM last week and bought a phillips electric razor for 49.00 (sale) and I had a 20.00 coupon. So total was 29.99 plus tax(manager had to approved coupon)

I see this razor is on sale starting tomorrow for black friday at WM for 39.99.....So I go back to WM yesterday and ask if I will get a price match. They said I could return razor right now, which I did and then come back on Friday and purchase for 39.00.......So I said ok return it, she refunded me in cash 56.00 (not sure about how many cents) in cash. So I spent 29.99 on razor (plus tax) and I get 56.00 back in cash.
    So basically they paid me 20.00 cash for coupon........Now I go back tomorrow and buy it for 39.99 and I have another 20.00 coupon, so I get it for 19.99.........Did I just make 20.00???????
    They did it wrong.

They should have just PM ( price protection ) on Black Friday , instead of returning it and asking you to buy it again on BF.

You don't even have to bring the product with you for Price protection , just the receipt is enough.

What if they are sold out on BF or don't have it in stock ?

Anyways you made 20 bucks and WM also doesn't lose anything as they will get reimbursed by the manufacturer , but the MFR lost 20 bucks as WM is reimbursing a cpn from them for a product that was never sold ( since it was returned )
    sharkie and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read somewhere that the amount of the coupon would be given back in as a gift card.

Why did they tell her to return the item and come back and buy it during the sale. Seems silly. They should have just given her the difference in price . I bought a Tassimo coffee maker last week. When I seen they had skids of them. Hoping they would come on sale this weekend. Which they did. All I had to do was bring in my receipt and they gave me the difference back today.

And where did the 20 dollar coupon come from. The shaver is a good price now. Perfect for XMas giving
    ARE YOU PART OF A PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION BE A INFORMED SHOPPER

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Name:  welldone.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  56.0 KB
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

great deal i think its in the p&g coupon booklet i did see a $20 off coupon in there i am thinking its that

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Good job!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found it
    Just waiting for the guy to come and fix the hot water tank.
    Heading back. Hoping to get one to at that price.
    Not as good as OP but happy for the deal just the same
    ARE YOU PART OF A PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION BE A INFORMED SHOPPER

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Wtg!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information