User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'd first like to say thank you to all you guys that have helped me with all your pointers, trades, etc. I think you have saved me millions of $$$$ lol,and I don't know what I would do without this site and all of you! So I'm too young for this but it appears that I'm going to be a grandmother!! My son and his girlfriend are also way too young, and not prepared at all! This is why I am "calling in the recruits lol"!!! I've been couponing for a few years now and have gotten tons of free and almost free every day essentials, but not once have I paid attention to the baby deals! I know there are some clubs, etc that you can join but I don't have a clue where to start. I don't know what is a good price for diapers anymore, and have no clue where to find coupons for them. These kids need my help, and I need yours! When I think back to how difficult it was for my husband and I to make ends meet when we had babies, and how this site would have changed our lives at that time! Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I have some great coupons to trade also so if anyone has any high value diaper coupons to trade then let me know. Thanks everyone for any advice you have!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I wish I had known more about the SDM Optimum program, when my kids were in diapers. They have a VIB (Very Important Baby) program that sends out bonus points coupons every once and a while, as well as printable points coupons (check the SDM thread for SDM offers) and samples when the baby is born. Diapers seem to be on sale alot there, so rack up lots of points and then redeem for free stuff. You can use coupons for dollars off and bonus points coupons at the same time. And they seem to have some kind of promo running every week, with bonus points or gift cards, so that helps too. :0)
    Last edited by Mich649; Sun, Nov 25th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Thanks ! I will definately look into this!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

congrats! sign up with Nestle as well as Johnson and Johnson. im sure you'll get many tips.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here's as bunch of freebies and samples!! Also, if they formula feed, you can always trade for coupons! I used Similac with my daughter, and they have $5 and $10 cheques.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Pampers puts coupons out through Brandsaver and puts coupons in their boxes of diapers. Every now and then Superstore will put $10 off coupons for diapers and wipes. Walmart will accept them so you can price match if they are on sale somewhere (coupons are usually only valid for a week). Doing this has gotten me some of the best deals. I even got a box of wipe refills for $2! No Frills usually has great sales on diapers and wipes. The dollar store has a lot of baby stuff so be sure to go there.

Goodstart offers a diaper bag full of stuff. You have to order it early and be sure you say the baby will be formula fed. Similac and Enfamil also send sample packs. Johnson & Johnson have a lot of baby coupons - you can get them from their new coupon site.

I have found yard sales have been great for getting second hand stuff - even cheaper than Kijiji. We are in Timberlea, and every week in the summer we have scored some great things for next to nothing.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like the Costco wipes which are about $19 for 900. Also the local used clothing stores have great deals on clothes, toys and baby equipment. Also you can try the Parents of Multiple Birth Association - they have an annual sale at the Forum. Shoppers and Walmart have clearance sections with diapers as well. You can usually find Similac cheques on kijiji too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Wow, thanks everyone for all the tips! I will be checking out all these things. I hope we can find some good quality seccond hand items like a bed room set, high chair, etc. I think it's best to buy new for the car seat and stroller. Anyone who knows a new mom that has good quality stuff and doesn't plan on having any more babys send them my way! I would also like to get her some nice seccond hand maternity clothes but I don't now anyone that just had a baby. She's not very big, probably normally a size 6 for pants. She's around 4 months now so just starting to have to wear more loose clothing. I hope to get to Halifax again this weekend to do some christmas shopping, so if anyone knows someone with some nice maternity clothes to sell please message me! Thanks again everyone!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought 90% of my "maternity" clothes at Winners. They don't have a maternity section, but had a lot of clothes that could work for maternity clothes that you can wear long after the baby is born. I think some Walmarts have a maternity section too. I didn't have any luck at used clothes stores for maternity clothes

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My coworkers loaned me maternity clothes - so its good to spread the word. I've also had luck buying maternity wear at the Salvation Army store in South End Halifax and Value Village in Dartmouth. Oh yeah, Babies R Us has some good baby gear on for 50% right now.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There's a Halifax Mom Swap/Buy on facebook as well as a few online "yard sales" that usually have quite a bit of items. If I need something, I'll just post on the wall and people love helping out!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Thanks everyone. You all have a lot of great ideas! Every bit helps, and I am very gratefull for all your help.

Thread Information