User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dealfind scam alert

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

From experience and previous orders through a different site "dealextreme" i found items coming from china usually get stopped by canadian customs. I had tracking on an item once that sat in customs for a few weeks. So hopefully you'll still end up getting your items. Try sticking with sites that offer payment through paypal, and pay with it. This way you'll get your money back if the site fails.
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

HAve you read how dealfinder works on their main site? seems like they run kinda like kijiji or other similar sites, allowing people/bussiness to advertise through them. Sounds to me like the site is more of a middle person... like they make there money through the bussinesses advertising and not the consumer... i could be wrong

"For Businesses

Dealfind connects consumers with your local business by delivering thousands of potential new customers right to your doorstep. Our outstanding results are what keeps our satisfied business partners return to Dealfind again and again. Find out more about getting your business featured on Dealfind and start getting new customers! "

could be why they can't answer questions in a timely fashion.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never purchased anything from any of these deal/group deal/etc websites
    and it sounds like I am not missing out on much either, sorry you have to deal with this ridiculous bs with them

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Dariusz8
    Interesting comment about customs. Makes me wonder how any of the packages coming from this company in China get through, because they are OBVIOUSLY a business and they state "gift" and they also state a low dollar value, and given Dealfind sells hundreds maybe thousands of items for this company you would think customs has to suspect something? Apparently 2 of my packages did get stopped at Customs but I am to wait patiently. They said 4 - 6 weeks. It has been over 9 weeks and they were all shipped the same day {Oct 11} and one made it in about 5 weeks another made it here at the end of Oct. The rest who knows where they are? But now I know all of the items are overvalued and the site could care less I don't plan on ever using Dealfind again...Now my useless hotel vouchers I paid $300 for is another matter... Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

sorry to hear about your financial loss, we also recently lost double that intrusting someone who ended up not paying us for goods.... I could take it to court but the person is saying bankruptcy... so i don't think its worth my time and further $$ to persue. I think we'll be just taking it an expensive lesson. i know its frustrating as hell but hopefully karma is a Bi@tch when it catches up to them theives.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Mon, Nov 26th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't shop from Dealfind since March, but they have been alright by me. I have had a bad experience with a laser hair removal place last year and they gave me a full refund right away when I called. I was surprised because I had a lot more trouble trying to get a refund from Living Social which is a much more reputable company.

But I must agree that Dealfind offers are subpar to their competitors. Those businesses are often more shady. And you can often get a lower price in Chinatown for those inferior products. I notice they are offering Replacement Oral B Toothbrush Heads right now. Got them earlier this year, they are terrible - the head doesn't spin as much so it doesn't clean as well, and you need to replace them every month rather than every 3 months. Turns out more expensive than Oral-B!

In summary, I would only buy name brand stuff or voucher from a known business from Dealfind. I do like the PUR gum deal and Yogurty's $5 for $10 voucher.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I really wish I had seen this sooner. I purchased that "Secret Santa Mystery Gift Box" before Christmas, was guaranteed holiday delivery, and still haven't received anything. Not that I still want it, as it's useless to me at this point. Now trying to deal with their customer service has been a nightmare. They don't even have a phone number on their site (ugh, I clearly should have looked at this before buying from them), and the one I found elsewhere is entirely automated, and ends up directing you back to their website. I tried a couple of random extensions and got their voice mail both times. They finally responded via email today, but it was not helpful at all. "We're sorry, the item is on its way" etc. That would be super if I was asking where my shipment was, and not how to go about getting a refund. I replied immediately and surprisingly, they did again. Unfortunately, still not helpful. They tried to direct me to the email of the company that actually ships the items. I replied again and now nothing. I also emailed the place they told me to, and they were equally as unhelpful. I feel so stupid for not checking things out more before ordering, especially since this is something I never do. I wouldn't even order from pricematters.ca for months after first seeing the site because I was convinced it had to be a scam. Then I go and do this without much thought. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will have my mother call the credit card company (it's her card), but I still don't feel confident that this will be resolved.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I have issues as well. I did a charge back from my credit card. I have had great success with other deal sites but Dealfind is 3 for 7 for things purchased as far as success is concerned. I received the 4th package on christmas eve, but one of the items was damaged. As it was 6 weeks late, I had already gone and purchased it elsewhere. Do not need it now. I made it very clear to Dealfind that I was contacting my credit card from the beginning. Their last email told me that I should only be dealing with them as it will put my account in jeopardy with them. Given their track record with me, I politely but firmly told them that I was NOT concerned about my account, as I would not be doing business with them again. (BTW- I am now dealing with the fraud department.)

I have been a customer service manager for 11 years- I have trained, coached, and helped develop corporate policy. No company should EVER take longer than 48 to return a call or email for undelivered, paid merchandise- Each email has taken 4 business days for a response. Unacceptable!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Mon, Dec 31st, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Tbites likes this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had issues with Dealfind, Groupon, and Teambuy...mostly with Teambuy. I deleted my accounts with all but Groupon but took a long leave from them, only returning to buy an item that was already on my amazon wish list but the price was better via groupon. Honestly, I have found most of the stuff isn't too bad when it arrives (except for a 6-pk of bras...unbelievably small! But they're pretty and I need to lose weight anyway, so...) but they take their sweet old time sending it. I've had to call these daily deal companies (and often a different city than the one I've signed up to - one site actually disconnected their phone line!) and/or deal with the original product site for resolution. I'm now EXTREMELY careful ordering daily deals. I'll typically bypass them now altogether unless it's a total steal! Amazon usually has much better service and the deals are pretty good.
    Last edited by Careb; Sun, Jan 6th, 2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: tired lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you check ebay for all of these products either from dealfind , dealgetter , dealticker teambuy etc you can find half of price plus free shipping and you are also fully protedted with paypal
    Decaf and Tbites like this.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information