User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Melissa13
  • 1 Post By glowworm2k
  • 1 Post By mickey53

Thread: Best Electric Skillet brand/deal?

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Does anyone have an electric skillet that is really good or would recommend? I've read some reviews about coatings coming off after a while or uneven cooking temps so want to get the right one. Walmart's prices on the few they carry aren't bad but the reviews are so so.

Any help would be great!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    glowworm2k likes this.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Mine is a West Bend brand, and I've had it since 2001. It's a pretty standard one; it was a gift but probably cost around $25-30ish. With my skillet you need to let it heat up for a few minutes to let the heat even out (otherwise there are hot spots underneath the element), for sure, but I think that's an issue with all skillets of this type. I love skillets because you can be pretty precise with your temperature settings and it's got a lovely square cooking surface which is AWESOME for things like french toast, grilled cheese, quesadillas, or anything that takes up more space than your normal frypan can accommodate.

The non-stick coating is getting a little sparse above the element, but it still works just fine without sticking even without using pan spray. I do tend to use pan spray, however, which is supposed to weaken the coating and could be part of the reason behind the spots. We use it pretty regularly, and I've never been disappointed.
    Melissa13 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are using a Homestyles skillet we bought for camping, it has worked good so far. paid just under $30
    Melissa13 likes this.

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Thanks. I'm still undecided lol. I'm thinking of just getting the Black and Decker one at WM for $30. I've read reviews for lots and it seems whether its a $30 or an $80 skillet the results are the same. Some say great others say horrible.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mine is a Black and Decker, and it's awesome! However, we got it for our wedding over two decades ago, so I don't imagine the quality is the same now.
    It's been a workhorse - I use it tons, for all kinds of things!

Only things to watch for in whatever brand you buy - make sure it's deep, and as big as you can afford. I'd go with ones they call extra-deep and family size.

Thread Information