User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: You make me hate Christmas

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I love christmas, but shopping at christmas at another story. I have to travel 2 hours to shop in the mall and I noticed people change a few weeks before the big day. On the weekend we went and I was pushed 3 times and hit once by someones cart. All it takes is to say "excuse me" and I will move off the way.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I have mixed feelings about customers. After reading the previous posts, I kind of think that people should treat each other with respect. I'm not saying let people walk all over you, but I've often found that people calm down when the person they are dealing with is calm (either that, or they get more obnoxious because you're not fighting with them). I try to treat people the way I want to be treated. Admittedly I have gotten upset when a store doesn't have something in stock, but in the end it's not the cashiers' fault. I try to stay calm and ask if I can order it online or when they might have more in stock. I often find that instead of a reasonable answer, the person helping me rolls their eyes, walks away from me, or treats me poorly by saying in a sarcastic tone that they have no idea when it's coming in. In my mind I haven't been rude or mean, I've just asked a question. Why the sarcasm and rudeness in return. Whether it's Christmas or not, just treat others the way you want to be treated.
    I don't condone their rudeness, but being asked the same question constantly, when most store clerks don't have this knowledge, is annoying. It's like when people would ask me if I was open when I was standing right there, in my uniform with the effing light on.

And as far as orders, especially for large stores, it's not done at the store level, and even the management has very little idea. That or they do know, but lie to say something more reasonable like 'within the next few days'. And then just for a store clerk to get a hold of a manager is the worst, they always magically disappear or their phone batteries are no longer working. BAH.

I'd just consider what store you are at when you ask about inventory, Loblaws? Yea no, no one knows. A small store where there's 4 employees? Yea sure, they would know. At least that's been my experience.
    xox2010 likes this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information