• 2 Post By momof3heathens
  • 4 Post By matrix82
  • 3 Post By tobiwobi
  • 1 Post By lara_schz

Thread: Laundry Detergent Liquid or powder/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi I was just wondering which people prefer.personally I like powder it seems to do a better job in the rural washer I use.WE have hard water and the agitator doesnt really move very fast .Which one do you like ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think i prefer powder too
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I live in apartment building and pay for my laundry. I absolutely hate when the prior users of the washing machines use powdered soap. Most of the time it doesn't rinse well enough not to be all over my laundry after washing too. Each year I must spend at least an additional $100 just rewashing laundry because of the residue.
    GoJays and i_forget like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

if you have a septic liquid is better (as per the best practises people) because the powder contains some clays that will just sit in your septic...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I prefer liquid only because the powder can get pretty messy on and around the machine.

However, I always seem to use too much of the liquid.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

If you have an agitator then I imagine you have the upright machine. Powder works better in those imo. I have a HE front loading machine so liquid is better. When we switched from the upright to front loading, it took quite a while to get the left over soap out of our clothes! Powder is also great for hard water.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just bought some powder, as it was onsale for .99cents a box. For 99 cents I will use powder. I think I may pre-dissolve it in some water before I use it though, like put it in a small pop bottle with some water a little while before I do the wash, to avoid the white stains.

I used to use powder all the time, and then liquid became all the rage. I think I found powder worked better on stains, but sometimes didn't rise out all the way,
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I honestly can't tell the difference between any of them, so I use whichever one I stock up on when there is a good deal. Powder, liquid, packs that I got as free samples, all brands, also whip up own homemade laundry soap and it works just the same, too. I think it's all marketing and personal preference. Tides ads claiming you need to use more of their competitor, I don't find that at all.

I have a front loader and normal water.
    matrix82, cath007 and bgheuchert like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ahh im doing something right for a change lol Now where can i buy less expensive powder / even the washing soda i saw today was 7.99

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Liquid detergent is more expensive than powdered. This is the main reason why I choose to use the latter. The issue that most consumer has for powdered detergent is that it leaves residue on clothes. The trick here is to never add your clothes on the machine without diluting the detergent first. Powdered detergent also works best in removing mud stains. Liquid detergent on the other hand is best on removing oil residue on clothes. Both has it's pros and cons so I think it would be best to choose one according to your needs. - Lara
    Last edited by lara_schz; Tue, Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lara_schz View Post
    Liquid detergent is more expensive than powdered. - Lara
    I find it's the other way around. I prefer the powder, but the liquids seem to come on sale more often and have coupons available.

Thread Information