Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vaughngal
  • 1 Post By mulock

Thread: The Brick Store - South Edmonton

JCP
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last November 04 I bought a Mattress with frame and everything else in the South Edmonton Store. Until then everything was perfect, everybody nice and very helpful, fast service, they even find a mattress to delivery in less then a week which they said didn't have in stock.

Less then 2 weeks after the delivered the the stitching on the bottom of the mattress starts to open, then:

I call the customer service - answer - you have to call the store.
    I call the store - answer - you have to call the serta to fix the mattress.
    I call the serta - answer - you have to go though the store.

After talking with the lady at the store, responsible for customer service she said she would contact serta and ask them to came at my house and fix the mattress.
    Two weeks later - NOTHING. And I call her a few times between this two weeks and she even said they don't reply her emails.
    Today I spoke with her and she said they reply her (just today) and ask her for more information, but she don't know when they will reply her back or come to fix the mattress.

I sent a email to the Head Office in Calgary and they didn't even bother reply or take any action.

Just a terrible place to buy, ANYTHING.
    This thread is currently associated with: The Brick

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Yikes. sorry to hear that. We also had problem with them when we bought a whole bedroom set with mattress etc. and we spent a lot too 'cause we just got married (about 5 yrs ago). We went through similar thing. I complained to BBB and even contacted global trouble shooting. They finally rectify the problem and we have not been back since.
    You are correct - they are super nice, friendly and helpful UNTIL you have a problem with their products.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG, my friend and I just drove by that Brick today....I'm out in Edmonton/Banff visiting. My comment to him was "F_ _ _ I hate the Brick." My past dealings with the Brick in Nova Scotia have totally turned me off ever buying from them again anywhere.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

i had the same problem. we purcahse a leather sofa set over $2,000. The rep convince us to get the insurance. Me knowing how this things work( once u have a problem they will tell you no it does not cover). I told her we dont want. She then went on said well if there's any physical damage like tear etc it will cover. so i asked her, if someone punch something in it, will it cover. She even gave me several examples. Finally said yes. after 3yrs the couch started worning out. tear in the middle and ever where. called them up. some1 came to check it out. I called to know the process. i was told it wasnt a genuine leather! WTF If the rep knew damn well it wasnt a genuine leather why bother selling the insurance. In nut shell, they said they will not exchange it.! never going back.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks a lot for sharing...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's my review of my experience with TheBrick (most recent bad experience....there have been others):

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/327153-...pening-canada/
    monicalovecanada likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well really like your information.its awesome and superb.

Thread Information