User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Check Out 51 - Free grocery rebate app!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gordholio777 View Post
    Can you blank out all the other items on the receipt? I don't want them knowing everything that I buy.

Just like I don't have a Shopper's Drug Mart Optimum Card. I don't want companies having a database of what I buy.
    Obviously, they are making money off this scheme somehow. Nothing is "truly" free.

I use coupons occasionally, but at least they are anonymous. This isn't.

On the surface, it looks like a good deal, but I would just be concerned with them having information about all the items that I buy (on the receipts).
    so buy your checkout 51 items on a seoerate reciept
    Cornershopapp.ca Get your first 3 deliveries for Free

https://cornershopapp.com/en-ca/r/wvm84steq

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Dunno if this is a dumb question, but why wouldn't you want them to know what kind of items you buy?
    BuggaBugga likes this.
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyphil View Post
    so buy your checkout 51 items on a seoerate reciept
    That's an excellent idea! Don't know why I didn't think of that.
    Thanks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindsbeth112984 View Post
    Dunno if this is a dumb question, but why wouldn't you want them to know what kind of items you buy?
    No, it's not a dumb question at all. I was concerned about that too.
    As the poster above stated, just buy your cash back items on a separate receipt so they won't know everything that you buy.

I was quite surprised that very few here have that sort of concern about giving away information.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gordholio777 View Post
    No, it's not a dumb question at all. I was concerned about that too.
    As the poster above stated, just buy your cash back items on a separate receipt so they won't know everything that you buy.

I was quite surprised that very few here have that sort of concern about giving away information.
    I think you might have misread the question. She was asking why you would NOT want to give them this kind of info?

Perhaps if they had more information on the types of things we like to buy they can use it to determine what rebates people would be interested in pursuing. Also lots of stores (ex. safeway, save-on, sdm, costco, hbc) track your purchases too via a store loyalty card or membership of sorts in return for a deal, and not many people care. In my opinion, giving the company access to this information is a fair trade off for the rebate provided.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    I think you might have misread the question. She was asking why you would NOT want to give them this kind of info?

Perhaps if they had more information on the types of things we like to buy they can use it to determine what rebates people would be interested in pursuing. Also lots of stores (ex. safeway, save-on, sdm, costco, hbc) track your purchases too via a store loyalty card or membership of sorts in return for a deal, and not many people care. In my opinion, giving the company access to this information is a fair trade off for the rebate provided.
    Okay, I read her comment incorrectly. I am concerned though about my privacy in issues like this (and other matters).
    I don't want a company having a database of everything I buy at their store.
    Prime example is SDM. Their prices can be quite high on many items, so I just buy items wherever they're the cheapest.

I would rather just get items at the cheapest price without having companies keep a database of what I buy.

No, not many people today care about privacy, that's true. As long as they can save a few bucks, they'll gladly hand over all their purchase information.
    Last edited by gordholio777; Mon, Dec 17th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Here's some helpful Q & A which they sent to members in an email today:

Happy Monday Members!

We had a ton of new members join last week and lots of good questions. Here are the top 4 questions from the weekend ...

Q: To get cash back, when do I have buy the products and upload the receipt?

Offers go live on Thursdays at 12 a.m. EST. They expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. EST. You must buy the products and submit the receipts while the offers are live. Products purchased prior to the week the offers are live are not eligible for cash back.

Q: I see some offers running low or running out. What's that all about?

Offers are available in limited quantities. Please check the app before you go shopping to ensure that the offer is still available and upload the receipt immediately after purchase to avoid disappointment.

Q: Why couldn't you process my receipt?

The most common reasons we can't process a receipt include:

1) The receipt text is too hard to read, often because the photo is blurry or taken from too far away. You don't need to fit the whole receipt into one photo. Use the "Add section" button to take a few close-up photos that are clear and easy to read.

2) Only part of the receipt is shown and we need the entire thing, top to bottom, including the store, date, and total.

Q: How long does it take to process a receipt?

A: We process 99% of receipts within 48 hours. While in the queue, the receipt will count as "Pending" on your Account page in the app. Once processed, you will receive an email and your Account page will update accordingly.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds amazing! if only they had the android app
    Open an ING Account using my Orange Key and get a $50 bonus! 36111935S1

If you use my key let me know and I will transfer you an extra $10! Happy saving!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are in the process of writing the android program for this, if you check out their website.
    I will probably download this and use it. But, I'll just won't buy any other items (not on their weekly rebate) on the receipt.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Is anyone else having problems taking a picture of a Metro receipt? I've submitted it twice now and both times it was rejected. I can't seem to get a clear picture of it. Now I'm afraid that the offers will run out by the time I can get a good receipt in.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I would gladly sign up for this but I don't have a Facebook account. I wonder when they will start making this app available to use without it. It seems like they are pushing out a huge portion of people due to not having an android phone or a Facebook account.

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Just make sure to keep tabs on how much you should get back AND how much you have in your account. They have made mistakes on both for me. I make sure to keep a tracking sheet on my phone as to how much I get back every time and my balance.
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I contacted them, they will have the Android app soon.

Also the offer is good in all provinces except Quebec : (

So to all Qc SC'ers write them. So perhaps eventually they will extend their service to our prov too...

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I signed up

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Thanks OP! I downloaded it yesterday and already have 6.50! So easy!

I was able to get cheerios for 2.97-2.00 and they have an fpc yogurt! Needed cream cheese for some holiday baking -4.00, and beans for chilli.
    Had I done this earlier there were several fantastic offers that I would have cashed in on too. I can't wait to see what weeks offers are, and the potential for coupon match ups....now to put it on the hubbys phone, and his old iPhone that is the car ipod, and tell everyone one I know.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information