User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Keelenorth
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By BC Gal

Thread: What Do You Call bed frames That are raised off the ground ?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried googling raised bed frames and I end up with landscaping LOL a lady that I cleaned for years ago had a king (possibly a queen ) sized bed that in order for me to get the sheets off I litually had to stand on the bed frame and climb into the bed .I would love that now especially in the winter .So if anyone can help me out .Also If anyone knows where I could buy nice heavy wood bed room furniture i would appreciate

thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You ought to see estate sales and auctions for good wooden bedroom furniture>back in the day when heavy was really heavy. Also visit antique stores for inspiration.

A sleigh bed won't be high enough. http://www.sleighbedstore.com/Wooden.htm

I'm wondering if your dream bed is a variety of four-poster beds (with the tall corner posts on each corner of headboard/footboard) with steps on the side?
    There's a princess canopy bed that has steps:
    http://www.princesscanopybeds.com/ht...ml/cat_23.html

I'm going to assume the mattress on that bed you saw is more than 14" deep. Last week, I heard in Sears that there is such a thing as a 21" mattress...(I have the old kind, 7" deep-time to get a new one next year).
    BC Gal likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Most bed frames are a standard height so standard skirt length is right. Most everything in building is some standard size so it fits other things. You ccould either maybe a frame built, or get bed risers like seen here: http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Bed-Rise.../dp/B000L3QBEK . As well, maybe try searching bedroom bed tall frame

As far as real wood furniture, it depends on what you want to spend. If you are wondering where to find good qualtiy and a better buy, try estate sales, second hand stores, garage sales, and that type of thing.
    Ciel likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Random thought-make sure the room that is going to have heavy furniture has enough strength in the floor to support it. If you happen to know which building code applied to your house when it was built, you'll know what the minimum standards (not necessarily adequate for heavy furniture but minimum to qualify for a basic floor support under the code) were for the build date. Best to make sure if extra support is needed that it is added first, otherwise floor woes will scare you from using the furniture.

In the past when I watched HGTV (when it was still on extended basic cable), Mike Holmes' show was really informative on such matters like having more than minimum code standards in a home.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah I was just going to say, Mike Holmes talked about this previously I thought? Google it!

Thread Information