User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: LCBO Food & Drink Magazine (Ontario)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Next Wednesday, new edition!
    Name:  right_next.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  30.5 KB
    ROMEO, kava5, theo44 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happened to remember I was going by the store today before my movie so I picked up a copy. Did not see any coupons (nice having the magazine on-hand to flip through when my eyes were glazing during the pre-show show).
    *P. 9 ad showing wine promo Oct.13-Nov. 9-Save $2 on your purchase of the most popular wine (ad shows Bricklayer's Predicament 2012 Carbernet-Merlot) from the award-winning line of Bricklayer's Estate Wines.
    P.52 Chateau St. Jean Sheryl Crow Notes of Hope. $2 from every bottle of Chateau St. Jean purchased (Oct. 12-Nov. 8, 2014) in the LCBO will be donated to Kate's Kitchen* (Kate's Kitchen is Food Share's monthly free evening community kitchen for breast cancer survivors where they can cook, eat, laugh and spend time together.)
    P.156-Save $2 on your next purchase of Butterball Turkey* (*valid Sept. 21-Oct. 11, while supplies last. Please see specially marked bottles at the LCBO for details.) Ad is for Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi wine. (Merlot, California).
    P.161 Save $2 (Oct. 12-Nov. 8) Limited Time offer LCBO#0368811 750 mL (Nugan Estate Alfredo Second Pass Shiraz wine).

Hey, spiced quince jam (part of a meat dish recipe) seems easy enough for fall and Mom loves apple cider (it's an ingredient in the jam), so I'd give her that recipe! Pie-makers, chai spiced pecan is your fall flavour. Grilling recipes for the end of summer and 30-minute marvels also feature.

Holiday Issue-November 5th release date.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Sep 3rd, 2014 at 08:14 PM.
    ROMEO and theo44 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

New issue comes out next Wednesday!
Views: 754
Size:  21.9 KB
    ROMEO, kava5, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    New issue comes out next Wednesday!
Views: 754
Size:  21.9 KB
    thanks..I liked your 2013 thread, I didn't read carefully!!
    ROMEO, Ciel and theo44 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thin issue, about 1/3 of the Holiday one. Bagged this time for a 4-pg leaflet on the Toronto Symphony Orchestra's RBC Piano Extravaganza.

Oscar menu, dumplings (for Chinese New Year), maple-themed recipes (I like some of the furniture props used to display the dishes) and in the new gadgets/items section, a wooden game called Don't Tip the Waiter. You try to stack as many dishes on the toy waiter without tipping him. (There could have been a better name? Some servers do not get tips from customers even things are great.)
    Inside back page-an interview with a George Brown hospitality grad that sells dumplings at the Evergreen Brick Works market in Toronto. www.mylittledumplings.com
    ROMEO, fanofearl and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the magazine in Barrie and it wasn't bagged, guess the tso booklet is only in the GTA.

We had a game called Don't Tip The Waiter in the '80's. A wood one would be sturdier:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1105547/dont-tip-waiter
    Last edited by Durham Couponer; Sat, Jan 17th, 2015 at 05:05 AM. Reason: remembered the game
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spring issue will be out next week, Ontario SCers! http://foodanddrink.ca/fooddrink/index.shtml
    ROMEO, kava5 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the reminder!!
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two more days until Spring in recipe format arrives!
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't even know why these guys offer Air Miles..they have such a huge monopoly , wouldn't be surprised if 90 % of wine sold is through them in ON...a gov. run monopoly company offering AM . The crappy Beer Store ( private monopoly ) is even worse

They need to get rid of the expensive AM programme, its a pretty crappy loyalty programme in the first place - & just lower their prices instead at the LCBO corresponding to what they will save by getting rid of the AM programme

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I don't even know why these guys offer Air Miles..they have such a huge monopoly , wouldn't be surprised if 90 % of wine sold is through them in ON...a gov. run monopoly company offering AM . The crappy Beer Store ( private monopoly ) is even worse

They need to get rid of the expensive AM programme, its a pretty crappy loyalty programme in the first place - & just lower their prices instead at the LCBO corresponding to what they will save by getting rid of the AM programme
    Here in NS, nearly all alcohol is sold by the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission. We do get Air Miles there, but they don't use the Air Miles program to encourage you to shop there, they use it to track your purchasing habits. Your info is very valuable to lots of people. So I wouldn't bet on them lowering their prices and getting rid of AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This issue has quite a few recipes that I want to try. I don't drink much of anything except red wine, but there's this maple Crown Royal ad that got my attention. I think I just might buy some! Anyone try it yet?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No, I have not tried the maple Crown Royal product!

I liked that there was a guide to foraging in this issue, the three gluten-free dessert recipes (because usually someone in one's social group is either not eating gluten or has a health reason to not eat it), and a soba noodle salad dish. Plus, my bagged copy had a Northeastern Ontario travel booklet enclosed (northeasternontario.com).

The new items page-the French watering cans look awesome (but the price is another matter) and I like the idea of stretchable can lids!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

try

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information