User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: Bentley Bags

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Letter sent to Bentleys after a horrible experience last week.

I made a purchase at a Bentleys store today and after paying I realized your store accepts aeroplan. I said to the clerk, "Oh I didn't know you accepted aeroplan is it too late to get the points" to which she replied "yes" I said "are you not supposed to ask for the card" she said "yes" I asked "how I would be able to get the points" and she said she "would have to refund the purchase and resell it." I told her to go ahead and do that because I would like my points.

She then asked for my aeroplan card and did the refund and repurchase. I did not see any points on my receipt nor any evidence that she scanned the card for the transaction. She said "see you didn't get any points" and threw the receipt at me and told me to sign here for the refund. I then asked another clerk how many points I would receive with my aeroplan card and he said "I don't know we don't get many people that use that card".

REALLY? Do you not think that your employees should be well versed in a program that all of your locations participate in? This was the most ridiculously uninformed store I have ever shopped in. Needless to say the clerk was short and snippy with me. I would really like the points I should have received and would like you to know I will NEVER shop at that location again. Poor service and uninformed clerks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Aeroplan, Bentley

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sounds like the employee is making things difficult for you. I don't see the difficulty in scanning a card in. They may not get many people with the aeroplan card, but that doesn't mean they can't scan the card in for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That clerk sounds rude. I agree they should be versed in this program. Have you received a response from Bentley yet?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    That clerk sounds rude. I agree they should be versed in this program. Have you received a response from Bentley yet?
    Actually, to be honest, I had forgotten about this. No I have not heard a response but I will fire off another follow up email! Thank you for the reminder.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I even got my Aeroplan miles at Bentley by telling the cashier my Aeroplan card number.I got them no problem.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Thread Information