User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Can you accept or love a red wedding dress?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The white wedding dress is prevailing, but is there anybody want something different. is a red wedding dress in the wedding tolerable? I wonder how many people will support the change, so give your review on it please.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess it depends upon your culture. Since different cultures wear different things at their weddings, a red dress could work for some people. Personally I would never, ever wear a red wedding dress. The white colour of the dress has been adopted for so long that most people don't really consider what the white colour actually represents for the white European culture (and I'm sure for other cultures too, but I only want to speak to my own culture). The white represented the woman's virginity, whereas red was a colour worn by prostitutes. Based upon what the two colours represent, I would never consider a red dress.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think a red dress would be fabulous! The show "Say Yes to the Dress" has one episode where the lady ordered a red dress, because in her culture, the colour of a wedding outfit needs to be red, and white is reserved for funerals.

In this day and age, I think anything goes. I mean, if one of the colours chosen for the bridal party can be black apart from tuxedos, why not red?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

in some cultures red is THE traditional color
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My sister wore a white dress with red detailing on it. It was beautiful.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

mine was all gold, with gold embroidery and muted red accents.

the outfit for the 2nd reception, hosted by hubby, was maroon with gold embroidery.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

if you googled for 'red wedding dresses' there are some so beautifull.....and i read this is Vietnam traditionnal color for the wedding dress.....
    personnally, i think this is different and this is YOUR wedding dress why wouldn't you wear the one you love in the color you love.....this is your big day after all....IMO
    Last edited by Mia001; Fri, Jan 4th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I think it depends on who is wearing it! Some people can pull it off and others not so much! Who cares what people think if thats what you chose to do! I say "Dare to be Different!" A friend of mine got married with a white dress and red shoes and believe it or not it looks spectacular!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I had always heard that (at least way back in the day) white was worn as a symbol of wealth (in Europe) - since it was so hard to clean, it was considered very posh to have something that so obviously required a lot of care and/or would only be worn very rarely; not many people could afford clothing that was less than "everyday" stuff. Before Queen Victoria's day, women were typically married in whatever they had that was most opulent, no matter what the colour.

White isn't flattering to me, so if I ever got married, it would probably be in blue, or maybe ivory/cream if I could find something that looked decent. My sister got married in red, but it wasn't like a big frou-frou wedding dress with a train in red - more of a cocktail-type dress. It suited her to a T.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I went to a wedding where the bride wore a lovely red dress. I liked it, but I really had to get over the fact that it wasn't a traditional white dress. Many of the older people were commenting that she didn't "look like a bride". However, it's really up to the couple and what they feel good about.
    Last edited by French Lady; Mon, Jan 7th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
    pippinelkhound and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think a red wedding dress would be marvelous! If and when I ever get married Im having a black dress with red roses on the bottom portion.
    pippinelkhound and anisa like this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it would really depend on the time of year, if the wedding is in the cold months or even December around Christmas is would be beautiful

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

A red dress would be awesome! I have also seen dresses in black that were absolutly lovey. I recently saw one done in white and green cameo that was really pretty! Go with what you want and rock it like a superstar!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, white used to be the mourning colour in Europe.

I'm at the stage where I don't care what the bride wears as long as it's not a strapless, column dress. Done to death.

Paula Yates (Mrs. Bob Geldof) wore a red wedding dress back in the day.h

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/i...os/2411636.jpg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why not? Nothing is wrong with the red color for wedding dress
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information