User Tag List

Trading Score
    97 (100%)

Hi everyone,

So this is not a rant but I taught what better place to ask a question. I am planning to get married down south possibly Cuba next year and have no idea where to start? If I need specific papers? What resort to choose? When is the best time to go? etc. ect. Any suggestions you may have is welcome.

I am planning to meet with a tourism agent but taught I would get some knowledge here first.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Come join me at swagbucks for free gifts and gifts cards.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/matisa24
    Come join my at JULEP for nail polish and beauty products. You can skip any months or simply cancel your subscription at any time.
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/481954/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I got married in Jamaica in 93. Easy peasy. Just needed a lawyer up here to certify some documents prior to heading down there.

I was in Cuba for the first time last year. All i can say is don't go to the north side of the island! I was at Veradaro Beach and it was windy as all get out every single day! Went in November. The beach had a lot of shoes, shampoo bottles, egg cartons and seaweed washed up on it.

Congrats on your wedding plans. How very exciting.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

If you're looking for hot, Cuba is not that reliable. It does get chilly there sometimes.
    We were lucky we could go last minute and check the forecast first. We went to Veradero too with hot weather and the beach was perfect. It may depend on your resort (how well they manage the beach).
    Sorry, no advice on the actual wedding planning. Just make sure you talk to someone who has been to the exact same resort recently.
    Congratulations!! and good luck

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I got married in the Dominican Republic just over 5 years ago.

There was A LOT of paperwork because its a Spanish speaking country. We had to pay for all our paperwork to be translated at their consulate and sent down in advance.

Make sure you research everything!

We had an English Priest do our ceremony but a lot of other brides just got a Spanish only Justice of the Peace.

Good luck! So exciting! Congrats!

Thread Information