User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dealfind scam alert

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is the email I sent to almost every Dealfind location on Facebook and to their company and I want it to get as far as possible!!!

Dear Dealfind
    Maybe you should share with your consumers how you do NOT HONOUR your Guarantee for Satisfaction, how you support FRAUDULENT COMPANIES IN CHINA, how you have disregarded my concerns over false Customs declarations, and your promoted companies lack of response to many isses. I am out hundreds of dollars and your ONLY REPLY has been there is nothing we can do??? You ALLOW CHINA to declare false dollar values for shipping and don't show ANY CONCERN whatsoever? Are the products we are buying really worth the amount stated or are they worth the $5.00 China claims they are worth at Customs? China declares our items as GIFTS does a GIFT not mean it is FREE??? PLEASE DEALFIND answer these questions because you won't answer them in an email? Why is that?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What were you buying?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Its hard to respond without knowing the full details but it sounds like you are upset that the customs value of an item you purchased was listed as being worth $5 and categorized as a gift. Again not sure of the details but if this is the case I would actually be happy! If they had put the real value Canadian customs surely would have charged you outrageous duty and taxes.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi

Thankyou for your reply.
    I purchased numerous electronics. The second one I received came in a package from China with a fraudulent customs declaration. They are all apparently coming from the same company. But only 2 of 6 arrived and it was then I saw the deception, and am not willing to be out money because they want to do business with fraudulent companies and REFUSE to acknowledge my concern about the company.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That is not the issue sadly. The issue is the product is NOT worth the value it is being sold for or anywhere near the value they calim it has. It is probabley worth the $5.00 China claims it is worth. The items are also sold in stores in Canada for an even lower value. Add that to the fact that only 2 out of 6 items arrived, all coming from the same Company apparently, yet Dealfind is not concerned with that. The original order was placed Sep 22nd. I also have 3 vouchers for an incredible hotel package. A package that the hotel in question could never give me reservations for when I treid to book the deal. The vouchers are now expired. Dealfind has no problem with the fact I am out $300.00 on these vouchers because the hotel would not give me a reservation? I purchased vouchers in good faith, I believed DEALFINDS policy and GUARANTEE of customer satisfaction. I have documentation to prove the transactions went as I said they did, yet they are doing nothing?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by isanything4ever View Post
    Hi

Thankyou for your reply.
    I purchased numerous electronics. The second one I received came in a package from China with a fraudulent customs declaration. They are all apparently coming from the same company. But only 2 of 6 arrived and it was then I saw the deception, and am not willing to be out money because they want to do business with fraudulent companies and REFUSE to acknowledge my concern about the company.
    Did you phone the company in China? If you're worried about a big phone bill calling China use a Vox phone card.I know it's a bit late now but next time with a new company you're dealing with make a small order first to test them.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Nov 26th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello Again

Your reply brings to mind another question. Is the value of the product $5.00 or is it the amount I paid, supposedly discounted 50% as a promotion? Minimum value on the cheapest item was $30.00.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good point. But I got sucked in by Dealfind because after the first purchase they said if I made another immediate purchase I would get a $5.00 discount. I made 5 more purchases. And as a salesman at Misubishi recently said to me, with the internet nowadays a company is foolish to offer poor service because word speads quickly. Dealfind is NorthAmerican wide. I have purchased local vouchers that have been great. I understand that a bad company might slip through the cracks, BUT that is where they must do their due dilligence and investigate my concerns, and stand behind the guarantee of customer satisfaction. Don't you feel this is so? Yes I will go to the actual company at some point but I made the purchase through Dealfind because I trusted their reputation and their guarantee. After posting my complaint on the majority of their sites, I found I am not the only person being scammed by them. So I brought my concerns to Smart Canucks because I value this site and want to warn others. I will be taking my concerns to Customs and Canada Post and the Better Business Bureau also. There are far too many people out there who are unable to stand up for themselves and accept poor service because they believe mistakenly they have no choice. I myself am not one of those people.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by isanything4ever View Post
    Good point. But I got sucked in by Dealfind because after the first purchase they said if I made another immediate purchase I would get a $5.00 discount. I made 5 more purchases. And as a salesman at Misubishi recently said to me, with the internet nowadays a company is foolish to offer poor service because word speads quickly. Dealfind is NorthAmerican wide. I have purchased local vouchers that have been great. I understand that a bad company might slip through the cracks, BUT that is where they must do their due dilligence and investigate my concerns, and stand behind the guarantee of customer satisfaction. Don't you feel this is so? Yes I will go to the actual company at some point but I made the purchase through Dealfind because I trusted their reputation and their guarantee. After posting my complaint on the majority of their sites, I found I am not the only person being scammed by them. So I brought my concerns to Smart Canucks because I value this site and want to warn others. I will be taking my concerns to Customs and Canada Post and the Better Business Bureau also. There are far too many people out there who are unable to stand up for themselves and accept poor service because they believe mistakenly they have no choice. I myself am not one of those people.
    Good for you for fighting back.I sure hope you get the rest of your items soon.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thankyou so much Poirot...*S*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Good for you for fighting back.I sure hope you get the rest of your items soon.
    Agreed. Good luck and don't give up.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It's difficult to know what to say in response since the details are so minimal. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what you're upset about. I hope that it turns out okay for you.

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi

I am upset because I purchased through Dealfind because it has a North American reputation, and they guarantee customer satisfaction.
    I spent $300 on hotel vouchers for a hotel they promoted yet that hotel could not find an available room for the requested reservations and I made 3 different attempts. The hotel closed Oct 1 until next spring so I am out that money and the package was valued at over $900. The electronics, I bought 6 received two. On the arrival of the second electronic I discovered the fraud. But Dealfind won't honour their guarantee to make sure I am happy with my purchases. How can one be happy when they don't receive them, or they do receive them and they are NOT worth what you paid, and the company that Dealfind says is a good one isn't and they don't care? And I am not the only one they have scammed I am finding out...

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thankyou coupongirl99
    Many of the sites for Dealfind have complaints on them...

Grooming Grandma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just found this comment on Dealfinds main facebook page:

Beverly Gordon I want a refund - do not feel comfortable taking my family to photographer Ryan Chamberlin after learning he has been charged with sexual assault. Why won't Dealfind respond?
    Saturday at 7:58pm · Unlike · 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information