User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gracesmommy
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: LF Advice- Any Superintendents,renters

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

Hello.Not sure where to post this. I am looking for advice or suggestions Here is my issue.I live in an apartment.I have 3 cats,who are not declawed,and I have carpet everywhere.One of my cats is very bad for clawing at the carpet.In many spots,there are very LARGE pieces he has ripped down to the wood,to the point there are nails sticking up.This has been like this for quite a while now.In September of 2011,I approached my superintendent,showed him,took full responsiblity,as it was my cat.I offered to allow him to keep my damage deposit,and he said he would have it removed and replaced with flooring within a few months.That did not happen,and he did raise my rent a few months later.I approached him again In August 2012,and he said he would have it done by the end of November.It is now January,and still nothing,he comes for my rent check,and does not mention it,and I am unsure what to say.I try my best to keep it all covered up,but oe kitty likes to continue to claw at it.Today when I came home,one of my kitties paw was bleeding,there were little paw prints of blood all over my kitchen floor,and on the carpet,and I think he must of walked on a nail or hard word where the carpet is.I feel so bad,as its my fault,but i do try to keep it covered,but its everywhere.I think he is ok,i cleaned it up and put polysporin and wrapped it up and will keep an eye on it .This is what i was worried would happen,and I am afraid its gonna happen again.I am so frustrated with my superintendent,and don't know what,if anything i can do.Everytime I have something go wrong,i wait too long.I waited 4 months to have my ceiling in my bathroom fixed properly.I have lived here for about 10 years.3 years ago i asked him for paint,and he told me no,i had to pay for it myself.I pretty much told him I would go to the tenancy board if he did not give me paint,and I had it a few days later.I dont know what to do with this carpet issue,I really don't.I can't afford to move right now,or I would be gone by now.Thanks.I would appreciate any advice or comments anyone would like to share.

Thanks for reading.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

hmm.. can you tap the nails down? i'd remind him again next time he comes for your cheque.
    BOO111 likes this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee - call him, call him, remind him again.
    I know it can be tough getting things done - maybe for him a suggestion that if he wants you to do the arranging for someone to get it done, then you can have him billed!
    BOO111 likes this.

Thread Information