User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By NikyK
  • 1 Post By LuvToUseCoupons
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By NikyK
  • 1 Post By frugallady19
  • 1 Post By sweetbabigrl
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By sweetbabigrl
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Rogers Pay as you go Promotion

  1. #1
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,876
    Likes Received
    926
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    0

    Limited Time Offer!

    Available until February 5, 2013


    Great value offer from Rogers Pay As You Go!

    Enjoy UNLIMITED Canadian text messaging or UNLIMITED local Evening and Weekend calling for ONE YEAR for only $75*+ monthly 75¢ 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee (non-government fee).
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...onthlydiscount

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)
    Last edited by SFARAZ; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685


  2. #2
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    365
    Likes Received
    242
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    I'm using the Rogers PAYG right now, and I don't think this deal is appealing. I signed up for the $5/month Canadian text messaging package (250 outgoing, unlimited incoming, which is already hard to use up to the limit), and it'll cost only $60 a year and I can cancel it anytime.

    They made it look like a deal, but it's not.
    Last edited by MapleLeaves; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    SFARAZ likes this.


  3. #3
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,045
    Likes Received
    863
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    I'm using the Rogers PAYG right now, and I don't think this deal is appealing. I signed up for the $5/month Canadian text messaging package (250 outgoing, unlimited incoming, which is already hard to use up to the limit), and it'll cost only $60 a year and I can cancel it anytime.

    They made it look like a deal, but it's not.
    I can't agree more! Completely COLD deal. You can get twice as better deals from Koodo, or Wind, you can always negotiate the deal with Fido.
    SFARAZ likes this.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

  4. #4
    Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,084
    Likes Received
    7767
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)




    Or you can go with Wind for $40 per month (and save yourself $35)
    And have unlimited everything. (talk and text and surf as much as you want)
    SFARAZ likes this.

  5. #5
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    365
    Likes Received
    242
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Or you can go with Wind for $40 per month (and save yourself $35)
    And have unlimited everything. (talk and text and surf as much as you want)
    That $75 is for a year, not for a month though. I guess you misunderstood. But that Rogers offer is still a bad one - they assumed people were bad in math or what?
    SFARAZ likes this.


  6. #6
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,045
    Likes Received
    863
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Or you can go with Wind for $40 per month (and save yourself $35)
    And have unlimited everything. (talk and text and surf as much as you want)
    It's $75 per year....
    SFARAZ likes this.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

  7. #7
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,376
    Likes Received
    188
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)



    this is a good plan if you want just txt messaging.. I use atleast 1000+ out going and 1000+ incoming
    it works out to 6.xx a month... its unlimited txting.. so thats really good

    yeah wind and mobilicity and all is good too.. but smaller cities still don't have these companies..
    My city only has Rogers, Koodo, Telus and Virgin.
    Last edited by frugallady19; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
    SFARAZ likes this.

  8. #8
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,678
    Likes Received
    811
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    MapleLeaves I signed up for the $5 per month too. I don't think I have ever used up the 250 text. I have the plan where it is $.25 for the first 5 minutes and $.15 for every minute after that since I don't really talk on the phone that much.
    SFARAZ likes this.

  9. #9
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    365
    Likes Received
    242
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabigrl View Post
    MapleLeaves I signed up for the $5 per month too. I don't think I have ever used up the 250 text. I have the plan where it is $.25 for the first 5 minutes and $.15 for every minute after that since I don't really talk on the phone that much.
    I have the 1-cent Evening/Weekend plan instead. I don't use my cell much either since I have a landline. The cell is only for necessary communication when I'm outside. For $75 a year it'll take more than 125 hours' of talking outside business hours to make it worthwhile- and with the cellphone radiation I don't think that's practical.
    SFARAZ likes this.


  10. #10
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    2,678
    Likes Received
    811
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    When I first signed up for pay as you go, I didn't really look into it that much. I think you automatically get the $.40 anytime plan which isn't really a good compared to 1-cent Evening/Weekend and all day plan. Maybe its because you only need a minimum of $10.

    Plus if you guys sign up for top up to win you get some money/air time back. I think I got $20 worth last year. I put in $100 so it doesn't expire for a year and I got $5( 5% of $100), $5 for being 12 months activated, you receiving a code you get after topping up and I got $5 from playing a game? or choosing a box I'm not sure , and a random $5.
    Last edited by sweetbabigrl; Fri, Jan 11th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
    SFARAZ likes this.

  11. #11
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    365
    Likes Received
    242
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabigrl View Post
    When I first signed up for pay as you go, I didn't really look into it that much. I think you automatically get the $.40 anytime plan which isn't really a good compared to 1-cent Evening/Weekend and all day plan. Maybe its because you only need a minimum of $10.
    I recharged $100 each time so that I'll have the longest expiration frame (one year), which also gives the option of choosing any plan - I chose the $0.39/minute and $0.01/Evening&Weekend plan. Each year I always have lots of leftover credit.
    SFARAZ likes this.


  12. #12
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    365
    Likes Received
    242
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by frugallady19 View Post
    this is a good plan if you want just txt messaging.. I use atleast 1000+ out going and 1000+ incoming
    it works out to 6.xx a month... its unlimited txting.. so thats really good

    yeah wind and mobilicity and all is good too.. but smaller cities still don't have these companies..
    My city only has Rogers, Koodo, Telus and Virgin.
    Sending over 1000 text messages a month...wow...I think my thumbs would get cramps, lol.
    frugallady19 likes this.


  13. #13
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,925
    Likes Received
    5920
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    The calling deal is not bad if you just call evenings and weekends . ( but the 40 c/ min during all other times is a rip off )

    The texting deal is not that great.

    I hope they atleast include CID or VM with it ( not sure if its included , probably not )
    SFARAZ likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •