User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dawn and Palmolive $1 each at Cdn Tire

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Smaller sizes (around 250-300ml I think). You can use the $1 wub2 dawn so 0.50 each. I think there's also Palmolive coupons out there too.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is this on this coming week's flyer or just an instore special?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

It's in this weeks flyer
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

anyone seen teh Mr. Clean Magic Eraser there, are they the 1 count ones?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

yes, 1 count ones

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

i feel like every time I go to CT those are on sale for 1$. DH made me promise not to buy any more dish soap!! we have enough for years!!!!!
    lilo0003 and oscarandme like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by michelle.jamy View Post
    yes, 1 count ones
    u think I can use those p&g coupon for them. $1.5 off $2, so pay $.50 for 2 ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I'm all for saving money, but there's triclosan, a known toxin, in Dawn. It's been banned practically everywhere but Canada. There was a Marketplace segment on "Lousy Labels"; it was their number one misleading label - the triclosan kills the very wildlife they claim to help.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    I'm all for saving money, but there's triclosan, a known toxin, in Dawn. It's been banned practically everywhere but Canada. There was a Marketplace segment on "Lousy Labels"; it was their number one misleading label - the triclosan kills the very wildlife they claim to help.
    if you post this yesterday I wouldn't run in there to buy 6 of them, sigh........does the toxin harm babies....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    after watching that show I stopped buying it and even Green Works too
    kristeven likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

ummm wow.. i have a bunch of dawn

what should i buy? palmolive?
    Last edited by mrsJOEwackIM; Thu, Jan 10th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't see anywhere in the flyer that Palmolive is on sale for $1. What page?

Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Cinpow, I'd return it. I'm sure there are only going to be microscopic amounts left on your dishes that would get transferred to you and your kids, but there are all kinds of safe cleaning products (including insanely cheap DIY ones, with vinegar and baking soda in a variety of combinations right at the top of the list) for absolutely everything under the sun. Laundry detergent and fabric softener (especially dryer sheets) are high on the list of toxic soup, and the "smellies" people use to deodorize their homes are absolutely horrible.

I'm not rabidly "tree-huggerish" in terms of what I use, but when I buy things, I check labels; I have enough health problems without literally buying trouble, no matter how good the deal may be. Stuff can build up in your body (liver, etc.) over time and while I can't claim to be an authority, by any stretch, about these things, Adria Vasil, author of Ecoholic, is one, and will scare the pants off of you with plain old facts (I went to high school with her sister and we were good friends, although I am not in touch with anyone from those days anymore...but I remember Adria well!). I would wholeheartedly recommend reading anything she publishes, including her NOW articles, which you should be able to find online.

The CBC program interviews her (I haven't looked at the video for this link, it says "home edition" so I'm not 100% sure it's the same one I saw on TV, which did...either way, it will be worthwhile viewing) on Marketplace.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2012/09/lousy-labels-home-edition.html

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episod...chemicals.html
    The Dirt on Chemicals

We looked closer and found these toxic chemicals in 'green' products. Always look at your labels!
    TRICLOSAN
    Environmental groups including the David Suzuki Foundation and Environmental Defence have long raised the alarm about the dangers of triclosan. Marketplace has even covered the chemical in the past, warning that antibacterial soaps may do more harm than good.
    Now the issue is getting increased attention from the federal government. In March,Environment Canada released its preliminary assessment of the chemical, concluding that it does not pose a harm to human health, but it can be harmful to the environment, particularly aquatic plants and animals. This is significant, since triclosan is used in a variety of personal care and household products that wash down the drain, sending the chemical into lakes and streams.
    The government also announced in March that it would begin meeting with industry to discuss voluntary reductions of triclosan in consumer products.
    The government's final report will be released this fall.

[Screamy's comment to this: if it harms the environment, including the water we drink and the fish, insects, birds and mammals that try to live in that water....I don't want to drink it or eat it second-hand, via the fish, etc., either. The government's report says it's considered safe for humans in toothpaste, etc., primarily because it's in small amounts. I say, if I didn't have a choice at all, I'd take a "shrapnel wound" (small amount) over a complete "bullet-hole wound" (large/concentrated amount)...but since I have a choice, PASS on even the "shrapnel", thanks very much!]

2-BUTOXYETHANOL
    2-butoxyethanol is a common ingredient in cleaning products. It is restricted in Canada and listed on the List of Toxic Substances under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act because of its risks to human health. Specifically, 2-butoxyethanol has been linked to blood disorders, as well as raising concern about eye and skin irritation.
    » More about 2-butoxyethanol from Environment Canada

PFOA
    Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) is a chemical that is used in the production of some non-stick coatings for cookware. The US Environmental Protection Agency investigated PFOA because it is persistent in the environment, has been found in the blood of a large number of people in the US population. Studies have linked the chemical to a range of health disorders in lab animals, and has been classified a likely carcinogen.
    In 2005, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) levied the largest fine in agency's history against DuPont, fining the company $10.25 million related to its use of PFOA. The EPA alleged that DuPont withheld information about environmental contamination, animal toxicity studies and human health concerns related to the chemical.
    Citing health and environmental concerns, eight major manufacturers working with the EPA have agreed to phase out product content and emissions of PFOA by 2015.
    » More about PFOA from the US Environmental Protection Agency

PYRETHRINS
    Pyrethrin is a neurotoxin that comes from certain chrysanthemum flowers. It causes paralysis and eventually death in insects. As an insecticide, it is often combined with piperonyl butoxide, which slows down the insects' ability to metabolize the pyrethrin so it stays longer in their bodies.
    These two chemicals in combination - the pyrethrin with piperonyl butoxide - are often included in Canadian pesticide bans because of their high toxicity to aquatic life and bees. These pesticides would prohibit you from using the chemicals outside, but do not extend to the inside of your home.
    While the risk to people from pyrethrins is low, it is not a benign insecticide. Pyrethrins are also linked to endocrine disruption, specifically of the thyroid. And piperonyl butoxide (often used alongside pyrethrins) can also impair people's ability to metabolize the pesticide, making it more toxic to both humans and pests.
    When people use insecticides containing pyrethrin, they should follow the directions closely, and keep it away from skin, eyes and clothes. It can cause nose, throat and lung irritation and shouldn't be inhaled. It can be more irritating to people with respiratory disorders such as asthma. And it should only be used in places with good ventilation.
    Some insecticides with pyrethrins are marketed as a way to get rid of bedbugs. However, some experts and public health agencies recommend using less toxic methods to get rid of the pesky bugs.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Very interesting reads. Thanks so much. I use Palmolive. But if we dug hard enough I am sure there would be something bad with it too.Its so hard to make informed decisions these days. Too many products and not enough time to do the research.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank for the information. Actually my mom had bought some screen cleaner at WM for her new TV.
    A couple of days later her face , neck, hands and feet where swollen itch and red. She put up with it for a couple of days thinking it was a reaction to soap or . But a few days later her face was so swollen and red she finally went. The doctor immediatley knew it was a reaction to the butoxyethanol in the screen cleaner. She was wearing PJ's and that is why is was on all the exposed areas of her skin.
    kristeven and oscarandme like this.
    ARE YOU PART OF A PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION BE A INFORMED SHOPPER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information