User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also think Edmonton can show the rest of Canada how couponing with respect for everyone is really done!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I'm sad to say that I asked at the Walmart Superstore in Claireview if they are allowed to stack & two of the ladies there said no. She took my name & number & said they'd double check & call me with the outcome. I've got my fingers crossed!!!

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

well the Manager in St Albert had a different story. Does anyone have a e-mail adress for a contact at the Canadian Head office? I send an e-mail out today to a contact that I found online but not too sure if I will see a reply at all. Why can't they all get the same information? Well if St Albert will allow stacking maybe it would be worth the trip out to here.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny01 View Post
    Well I'm sad to say that I asked at the Walmart Superstore in Claireview if they are allowed to stack & two of the ladies there said no. She took my name & number & said they'd double check & call me with the outcome. I've got my fingers crossed!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

LOL I totally forgot to try! Guess it's alreay ingrained. I'll try again later. I did use about 8 coupons and the guy said "you cant use more then 1, it says "one per purchase"" I almost laughed and said "seriously?!?" but didn't, he called someone over and at first she said no, but when I explained again she agreed, appologised and said since they've started accepting competators coupons it's been crazy.

Sorry about the spelling.
    moefox

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Do they accept the coupons from RCSS?
    Quote Originally Posted by moefox View Post
    LOL I totally forgot to try! Guess it's alreay ingrained. I'll try again later. I did use about 8 coupons and the guy said "you cant use more then 1, it says "one per purchase"" I almost laughed and said "seriously?!?" but didn't, he called someone over and at first she said no, but when I explained again she agreed, appologised and said since they've started accepting competators coupons it's been crazy.

Sorry about the spelling.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Someone Please tell me what stacking is? I live in st albert and want to know that benefit of it!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

stacking is when you can use multiple coupons all on one item as long as they have different upc's. For example I buy pampers and I usually have 3 or 4 different pampers coupons on hand so I use all 4 of my coupons on 1 pack of diapers and get them for next to nothing. And it's even cheaper when you price match it first too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Anyone try stacking at St.Albert Walmart yet? Gotta know if I need to plan a trip there lol

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Well I dont wanna be negative but I am wondering if perhaps this cashier was confused...cuz I would be surprised if they allowed stacking, it would be tough to train cashiers (with the amount that have) and also since they just released a new coupon policy recently. If this turned out to be the case I think it would be a great deal of hassle with cashiers, its hard enough already at times, HAHA

Junior Canuck michellederek@shaw.ca's Avatar
    Trading Score
    309 (100%)

I talked to the Sherwood Park, Store Manager and he said no way. "That is against Walmart Policy." He showed me his copy of the email he recieved about the policy effective May 1st. Really didn't look any different then the one they sent in April. But I did see it clearly - one coupon per purchase.

If St. Albert is allowing it that is awesome! Just be warned, Sherwood Park isn't.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonChristine View Post
    Well I dont wanna be negative but I am wondering if perhaps this cashier was confused...cuz I would be surprised if they allowed stacking, it would be tough to train cashiers (with the amount that have) and also since they just released a new coupon policy recently. If this turned out to be the case I think it would be a great deal of hassle with cashiers, its hard enough already at times, HAHA
    I haven't been back since I spoke to the Manager. It wasn't a cashier that told me it was an actually manager. I am still waiting on a response from an e-mail I send out.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a cashier and a mom on a budget, I can tell you that so far LD does not accept competitor's coupons( eg. Superstore, Save On). Who knows, one day that may change.
    As far as using coupon stacking to get all your purchases for free or receive 'overages', not cool. The cashiers I've helped train, and the customers I deal with, know that we scan the items and their perspective coupons in groups. In almost every case, the customer will always have to pay something, at least the GST, bottle deposits and recycling fees. If they aren't, then something isn't right. Coupons exist as incentives to consumers to encourage and/or entice us to try their products. We should treat the practice of ' Coupon-Stacking' with respect.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    As a cashier and a mom on a budget, I can tell you that so far LD does not accept competitor's coupons( eg. Superstore, Save On). Who knows, one day that may change.
    As far as using coupon stacking to get all your purchases for free or receive 'overages', not cool. The cashiers I've helped train, and the customers I deal with, know that we scan the items and their perspective coupons in groups. In almost every case, the customer will always have to pay something, at least the GST, bottle deposits and recycling fees. If they aren't, then something isn't right. Coupons exist as incentives to consumers to encourage and/or entice us to try their products. We should treat the practice of ' Coupon-Stacking' with respect.
    so you feel that creating an overage is treating couponing with disrespect?

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    I agree with you. I don't go out buying sample or travel size products. If I can stack my coupons at LD and get the normal size products for under a dollar, then thats a score. It wouldn't feel right to go out ad buy a bunch of travellers sized stuff in order to get my milk ad bread for free. I also want the companies to continue to bring otu coupons and not take that away because too many people abuse it. I depend on coupons to get products alot cheaper and wouldn't know what to do if the companies would suddenly stop giving them out.
    Just my opinion, I know everyone is entitled to their own, not disputing that.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Well I finally got an answer and I don't know what that manager was talking about but I would like to have some of what she was smoking. According to them no stacking allowed and I was also told that their policy is under review... that makes me nervous

Good morning,
    With regards to your email we do not allow coupon stacking.
    I am sorry but we do not have publicly available guidelines at this time as It is under review.

Regards
    Debbie
    Customer Relations Administrator
    Phone: 1-800-328-0402
    [email protected]
    Walmart Canada Corp.
    1940 Argentia Road
    Mississauga, Ontario L5N 1P9
    Save money. Live better.
    You don't stop laughing when you get old,
    You get old when you stop laughing!

What do you think?