User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello Everyone!

So I went into LD to do a stack and just found out the new rules. We can't combine the brandsaver coupons ordered from the internet with other coupons! There are strict rules that limit only one coupon.

The cashier at LD told me that basically coupon stackers have stopped coming in. Without the coupons from the website that are mailed out, there is nothing to stack!!

I was quite disappointed as I just got into coupon stacking late last year. I guess it was good while it lasted. I think that the new rules came about when people started becoming aware of the huge savings associated with coupons. The TLC show really brought new light to shopping with coupons.

It's a sad day. How does everyone else feel about this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, London Drugs

I love a good deal!
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Don't give up on the stacking! It still can be done without the online brandsaver coupons. Many of the coupons from other sources (the newspaper inserts, save.ca, websaver.ca, tearpads in stores, etc.) can still be stacked as long as the coupon doesn't state that it can't be combined with other coupons.

I was visiting Lethbridge last weekend and did stacks for toothpaste, laundry detergent, Ziploc bags and denture cleaner without any of the online brandsaver coupons.

It takes a bit longer to collect the coupons to build the stacks, but it can still be done.

Happy shopping and stacking!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hmmm...haven't been to LD for a couple of weeks, I guess before this new policy came into effect. I've got to agree with Save$$ though, stacking is still possible without the online coupons.

I guess it depends on what item you are stacking for ....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went today I did some stacking without any problem

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

IT SUCKS!!! I haven't been to ld since right before Christmas. I did call the manager and was told no stacking allowed with that wording. I hear websaver has changed the wording as well. I think it won't be long untill they all change the wording. Thanks tlc....NOT!!
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone. I stacked 2 days ago and last week at LD--no problem. And the cashiers were all great about it. My fave place to use coupons by far. Last week at WM the cashier actually had to call her supervisor just to see if they accepted coupons! Funny! That's the only time that has happened at WM--it was just funny!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it seems to be all london drugs.. i'm just guessing here but PG heard about stacking and decided they didn't want people stacking those coupons..(there is a chance the next PG flyer wording might be changed like the online too) as sad as it is we have to accept it (just imagine how much LD would be out financially if they accepted these coupons and didn't get reimbursed)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I have still been able to do stacking at LD, but have to be a little bit more careful about it. My understanding is that the coupons just can't say "cannot be combined with any other offer" or indicate that using more than one coupon is "strictly prohibited". There are still lots of other coupons out there that do not contain this specific wording, so all is not lost!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stacked at LD couple days ago and the cashier at customer service said if the coupon has the words....strictly prohibited..those r the ones that cannot be combined...she told me to ignore all other wording..im new to stacking so having cashiers say different things is very confusing..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

London Drugs is great, I was there a couple days ago, As well a last week a couple of times. But what drives me nuts is, The one cashier pointed out coupons in my binder and stated We even take those. ( To my Printed Over $5.00 and $10.00 Multibonita Coupons)

Then tells me 4 days later, We don't take those. Then asks her manager (Who was fantastic, Chris i believe) And he checks online and states ya we can. And she then states we will do it THIS time. Well WTF Why tell me 4 days earlier when i didn't know about it for then LOLOLOL

Maybe it was a slip of the tongue and she was kicking herself in the butt after ? I dunno. But i tried to remain polite and not be a cow. In the mean time i am thinking Really, Really, Really ??? LOLOL I still love all the staff there ..... Well other then James, HE is always RUDE!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

that is rigth, we all love LD and it is true they accept printed coupons with the $3 limited, but you can use several $3 printed coupons in one transaction. It is also in their policy. I always go directly to customer services, is faster ( I stack a lot) so it make it easy for everyone, the manager also tells me wich one I can use and which I can't
    Last edited by barato; Mon, Jun 27th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Thread Information