User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Heh, I can tell there's a couponer in my neighbourhood - I went to the White Oaks Walmart tonight and found it wiped out of ziplocks, travel size Olay, St. Ives, and shave cream!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, St. Ives, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

It wasn't me lol but wow hope they get some more soon

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

me either. didn't even make it there today.. yesterday i was at the Argyle location. BIG FAT NOTHING.. i was not impressed. running back in tomorrow to check for more.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I got a few ziplocks bags the day before but there was plenty left. Went today to grab a few for my parents and shelves were empty. However, I looked on the shelves between the isles where they had a bigger size for $3 plus something and between them there were quite a lot of 50 and 30 packs. Grabbed four more. There are still some left Good luck

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    me either. didn't even make it there today.. yesterday i was at the Argyle location. BIG FAT NOTHING.. i was not impressed. running back in tomorrow to check for more.
    Me too! That is why I admire other people's brags. Most of the time when something is on sale like that I travel to a few stores and GONE! LOL!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Same...went to WhiteOaks Saturday afternoon and ZILCH...customer service called Argyle and nothing..apparently both stores are expecting a shipment Monday...good luck to everyone!! LOL!

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

not me!
    2010 Savings
    My Trade/ Wish List:

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

St Thomas was empty yesterday too. No Olay, no ziplocs.. and last box of Special K with the FPC Bananas..
    I think there's a lurker in my midst...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yep, I'm starting to see threads on these boards where there is mounting frustration with people going overboard and clearing shelves. I mean some of the impressive brags are cool and all to see what people pulled off, but not if it's at the expense of others and not if it's taking advantage of the rules to the point where manufacturers and/or retailers are going to be forced to start restricting things. Let's hope that here in London everyone decides to play nice in the sandbox.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stryker96 View Post
    Yep, I'm starting to see threads on these boards where there is mounting frustration with people going overboard and clearing shelves. I mean some of the impressive brags are cool and all to see what people pulled off, but not if it's at the expense of others and not if it's taking advantage of the rules to the point where manufacturers and/or retailers are going to be forced to start restricting things. Let's hope that here in London everyone decides to play nice in the sandbox.
    I'm an Argyle Walmarter and have had zero luck. I have seen about 20-ish Londonders on these boards and safe to say that we are all well aware of the bargains to be had and are stocking up. I've never been able to get the St Ives but I did get 4 ziplocs by going on Thursday. I also think that Saturday is probably the worst day to go to try to find stuff. People who don't coupon are likely stocking up as well.

You do see a lot of people's brags where they have 20 trial size Gilettes or 20 Olay lotions. Clearly some folks are lucky and perhaps a bit greedy as well. It's a fine line between nabbing a bargain and clearing a shelf (behaviour from Extreme Couponing that I find icky).
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I just find in general people always go for the same deals it used to happen before too with things I didn't use a coupon for like: Crispy Minis, Special K Fruit Crisps(tried for 2.5 months last year and went to multiple stores but never in stock) and Baby Mum Mums. This is why I am stocking up on ice cream for the summer now. Those sales hit and no ice cream in the cooler! Sometimes it's the non-couponers too people with large families, people planning parties, events, etc. Now that I am on Mat leave I am able to go shopping on Fridays but it won't be practical when I go back to work. Then it will have to be back to Saturday shopping again.

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am on Mat Leave as well - so head out for the sales Friday morning ... but I STILL find that I cannot get a lot of the sale items! Walmart is terrible for expecting a shipment to arrive by the Friday, putting it in their flyer, and then have it not arrive on time. This has happened to me with Ziplocs and Dog Food. They are good to rain check though. It would kind of be nice if their was a 6 item limit that started (I heard a possible rumor). This would prevent people from clearing shelves once the items did arrive.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I live in BC but I find our newish super Walmart is constantly low on/out of stock on a number of items...most of them non-coupon related. I don't think they manage their stock particularly well when the have a sale. The shelves are often empty of sale items by late afternoon on the first day of the sale.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy135 View Post
    I am on Mat Leave as well - so head out for the sales Friday morning ... but I STILL find that I cannot get a lot of the sale items! Walmart is terrible for expecting a shipment to arrive by the Friday, putting it in their flyer, and then have it not arrive on time. This has happened to me with Ziplocs and Dog Food. They are good to rain check though. It would kind of be nice if their was a 6 item limit that started (I heard a possible rumor). This would prevent people from clearing shelves once the items did arrive.

They do have a 6 same item limit for couponing now. I was at wm last week and ran into this. It will help with the clearing of shelves for sure! I have only run into this a few times but I have only just started couponing.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Which walmart was that at? I have never had that problem
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaGurl View Post
    They do have a 6 same item limit for couponing now. I was at wm last week and ran into this. It will help with the clearing of shelves for sure! I have only run into this a few times but I have only just started couponing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information