User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hellow fellow SC's. This is the first year I am doing taxes on my own and I'm having a small issue that I hope someone will kindly help me with. I am using the free StudioTax program. I am low income and do casual labour and do not know where to put my total net income on the forum. I receive cash and don't make very much money (under $10,000). I am confused as to how I should fill out the form. I live in BC. Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since you don't have T4 slips from the companies/individuals you worked for, report your income on line 104 of the T1 tax return. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/5010-r/README.html

Sorry, I don't use tax software-check your FAQ or Help section on your program if the line is not clearly evident in the software.

One of the few things I recall about tax software when I was taking the H&R Block tax course in the late 90s-preparers had to input a client's T4 box amounts and the program automatically started to fill in the tax form in the appropriate fields for income, source deductions and income tax paid. I preferred the manual paper method of recording slip amounts then tallying up totals to put into a program.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree that you put it on line 104.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t.../menu-eng.html

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if u dont have a t-4 slip. ur prob not on any books anywhere, were taxes taken off ur cheq each week. if not u dont have to claim any income , but not sure how that works... did u get gst every 3 months and the other monthly cheq that we all get, on the 10th of each month. if not they owe u in back payments . how old are u , if u didnt file taxes in a few years they might owe u a lot of money.... goodluck

Thread Information