User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreed View Post
    Peoples greed ruins it for others... sounds like someone, or many have gotten greedy with overages at the loblaws chain....

***shakes head***

yeah, only handful members are doing that but all of us will be affected...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by baybey_doll View Post
    i agree people are taking advantage- i can see buying 2 sample sizes getting a little overage and a smile- but cmon 30 or more? thats alot of coupons- sounds like hoarding
    Not sure if this post was directed at me but I thought I'd clarify just in case: I used ~$30 worth of coupons on one shopping trip, but I don't think that any of them were multiples. It was just that I had coupons for lots of different products & two of those coupons were above the price of the product and they happened to be in different transaction sets. So, no hoarding on my part just only buying things that I had coupons for!

If that wasn't directed at me then just ignore my post

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

[QUOTE=taxsavey;3379596] Looks like no more overages at Superstore anymore?? QUOTE]

As far as any coupon policy I have ever seen for RCSS overages were never supposed to be allowed. Everything I have ever read stated that a coupon would be adjusted to the price of the product. So this isn't something that is ending but being corrected.

We already get great deals with being able to use both CZ and manufacturers coupons. Remember we don't live in the US and we shouldn't be expecting to get the same results they do down there. If we expect and demand those kinds of results the stores will put more restrictions and make it more difficult for couponers. I think we have it pretty good and it just takes some time and effort to find the deals we need. I realize it can be a trill to go in each week or day and try to get as much for free as you can but isn't this in itself a form of addiction? It takes more planning and self control to figure out what your family NEEDS and organize your coupons and watch for the sales on those items at the best prices than to just fill up your house with whatever you can get for free. If we coupon responsibly and respect the stores and their policies we should have a long and prosperous (sp?) future saving money for our families.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    ... we can still get it for free but no overages... but you can still use all your free coupons to purchase things up to the 250 mark when they offer the 25 gift cert and get that... hard to do but possible.
    I never knew this, thank you! So does that mean that we can use our FPC's or does the $250 also include subtotal of groceries before all coupons? This indeed would be a challenge lol, I rarely spend more than $50/shop at RCSS. It's good to know though for those rare times I might be planning a bigger shop there.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are the same at Safeway too. I purchased reduced Danone yogurt regular 8 something reduced by 50%, so 4 something. Then I had a coupon for 3.00 off. Cashier had printed out the item to check the price and make sure I was not getting it for free or any overage. I got the 16 yogurts for $1 plus, but sure makes you a patient person. I always feel guilty for the people waiting behind me as they check date and coupon. And I only used three coupons on three different products and still spent money. My coupon savings were $6.50.
    Looking for deals in every place I go.
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=23711

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I find it very frustrating to read threads that give a two thumbs up to those that stockpile for donation purposes, yet it isn't okay for those that provide for their family (extended family included) first. Don't get me wrong, donations are fantastic and I try to do it myself. If I say I have bought 40 boxes of Ziplocs and I'm not known on here to donate to a certain charity, I shouldn't have to justify why I bought so many or how those ziplocs will be used. Everyone has a reason for the things they do. Let's not be so quick to judge!

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I never thought RCSS allowed overages. I had just been lucky that the supervisor has been too busy to over analyze all my coupons, so they just put them all through. This has worked out in my favour numerous times, more recently last week. If I get an overage bonus! but I never expect it, or fight for it.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    I never knew this, thank you! So does that mean that we can use our FPC's or does the $250 also include subtotal of groceries before all coupons? This indeed would be a challenge lol, I rarely spend more than $50/shop at RCSS. It's good to know though for those rare times I might be planning a bigger shop there.
    They do the $250 calculation before coupons.. << please remember it has to be at a time when they are offering that offer so watch your flyers. sometimes it is spend a different amount... the important thing to remember... this works on ANY 10% tuesday too! I went to safeway last week and bryers ice cream was 7.49 buy one get one... i had the $5 off coupon for any flavor of ice cream (off cereal box)<<why get one for free when you can get 2... used my free vector cereal coupon too. got a bagged salad and other things using coupons on all but one item. Before card was entered the total was over $80 and i paid after coupons and the 10% off... $16... i did have to remind the cashier... who didn't want to reduce it more because i had the bill under their minimum with coupons... i had to nicely remind him that safeway does get the money for the coupons and they are part of the payment method. he put it thru but seemed unsure lol. So the awnser is... YES, yes we can!!! but we may have to talk to a manager. I just didn't have enough freebies to bring the total down lower! Get your total rung up... ask for your discount... then hand over your coupons as part of the payment method.... good luck!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by taxsavey View Post
    SydneyV, overages are for eg. If your coupon is for $5.oo off, and your item s only $1.00. Then $4.00 will go towards the rest of your transaction. Walmart does this too. But now, it looks as though RCSS is stopping. Not 100% sure yet, I am not convinced entirely she knew what she was talking about because she didn't even know you could combine a manufactor coupon with a coupon zone coupon. So we will see I guess.
    The Walmart near me didn't do overages last night. RCSS did about a week ago so maybe it's all individual store policy?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So you can use a regular coupon with a coupon zone?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I phoned Loblaws corperate and checked on overages a couple months ago (because i want to follow their rules and still get a decent bang for my buck) and it is stated in their policy that they are not to exceed the value of the product... that the price is to be adjusted... we can still get it for free but no overages... but you can still use all your free coupons to purchase things up to the 250 mark when they offer the 25 gift cert and get that... hard to do but possible. We can get some things for close to free... but we still do have to pay for some groceries. If i can get my grocery bill down... i am a happy camper. I am working on a $50 reduction per month for the first month and $25 per month after that... the total will not go down to zero... but my goal is $100 a month and still helping family with freebies. In my books when it comes to loblaws/ RCSS/ nofrils ect we already get fantastic deals because we can use the coupon zone and a manufacture coupon as well... never mind the price match on the items that we don't have a coupon zone coupon for. Keep in mind this store is pretty good to us... the more we follow the rules the easier it is to help teach the staff what the rules are ... and the nicer we are... the more couponers will be seen in a good light.
    Totally agree with you!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    The Walmart near me didn't do overages last night. RCSS did about a week ago so maybe it's all individual store policy?
    both are errors lol... i go by the policies that the corporate offices put out and the stores are supposed to as well.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I've never gotten an overage at RCSS, I used a Nivea coupon and it was adjusted, not what the big deal is, it was free and that's great!! I was also told by custome service (after a cashier said I couldn't stack with CZ) that I could as long as it does not exceed the price of the item. I've gotten overeages on a couple small olays with the $2 coupon but in general I don't bother with trial size items other than lotion.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I phoned Loblaws corperate and checked on overages a couple months ago (because i want to follow their rules and still get a decent bang for my buck) and it is stated in their policy that they are not to exceed the value of the product... that the price is to be adjusted... we can still get it for free but no overages... but you can still use all your free coupons to purchase things up to the 250 mark when they offer the 25 gift cert and get that... hard to do but possible. We can get some things for close to free... but we still do have to pay for some groceries. If i can get my grocery bill down... i am a happy camper. I am working on a $50 reduction per month for the first month and $25 per month after that... the total will not go down to zero... but my goal is $100 a month and still helping family with freebies. In my books when it comes to loblaws/ RCSS/ nofrils ect we already get fantastic deals because we can use the coupon zone and a manufacture coupon as well... never mind the price match on the items that we don't have a coupon zone coupon for. Keep in mind this store is pretty good to us... the more we follow the rules the easier it is to help teach the staff what the rules are ... and the nicer we are... the more couponers will be seen in a good light.
    agree 100% with you there - i'm really new to couponing, but it seems to me that the easier you make it for cashiers, the easier they make it on you.
    www.partylite.biz/sites/courtneyscandles

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www..ca/coupontracker/couponwidget.php?facebookid=730330123"></script>

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikefree View Post
    I find it very frustrating to read threads that give a two thumbs up to those that stockpile for donation purposes, yet it isn't okay for those that provide for their family (extended family included) first. Don't get me wrong, donations are fantastic and I try to do it myself. If I say I have bought 40 boxes of Ziplocs and I'm not known on here to donate to a certain charity, I shouldn't have to justify why I bought so many or how those ziplocs will be used. Everyone has a reason for the things they do. Let's not be so quick to judge!

Was anyone actually judging? I've read ALOT of brags on SC and have also seen alot which state "not sure what I am going to do with it but look ...". I'm one of those ones who provides for my family of 6 as well as parents and in-laws. When I first started I got caught up in the thrill and thought as long as I can get it free or really cheap I'll get as much as possible and donate what we don't need. Then I started reading posts and thinking and saw how it could and does get to be a competition on here to see who can get the biggest deals and the thrill gets to be addictive. You need to out do your last shop or the biggest post you just read. Also there were those who were spending their time planning their families grocery shops and nothing was left when they got to the stores. (I never shelf cleared except one time on the last evening of the sale and the manager told me to take it all off the shelf). I realized that I was doing my family, myself and fellow couponers a disservice if I continued on this way. Now I watch for sales on what our families need and plan accordingly. If I have the coupons and I can order in extra I will still stock up and donate items but I try to keep it all under control and just get what we need. Yes I do stockpile and once my limit is reached then I don't need to purchase anymore of that type of product anymore.

My whole point is be curteous and responsible couponers and we will all benefit and save in the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information